What did you guys think of this film...

What did you guys think of this film? I thought it was alright certainly not worth the hate it got from Rotten Tomatoes for some reason. 6.5/10
Anyway any other movies or documentaries that make you pumped to go travelling? I want to be a REALTravelerâ„¢.

I liked it. The thing with Stiller movies is you kind of have to take a portion of him trying to make himself look cool. If you can overlook that, you kind of get a loveletter to LIFE magazine.

Secret Life of Walter Shitty.

yeah betas like it because they see their fantasy on screen

Haha yeah I did feel a little bit of ego stroking on this one. Just couldn't explain the feeling until you pointed it out. I kind of had to suspend my belief that he trekked the Himalayas, but I suppose it was manageable since he didn't go so high. Can you actually get signal out there by the way?

Watched it a for the first time a few hours ago, solid feel good movie. Pretty relatable, not anything special.

Nice.

Yeah that's why I'm looking for something else to fill the void.

Darjeeling Limited made me want to take a train ride through India.

May sound weird, but if you're looking for that, watch a few Top Gear specials. Like the Vietnam one.

Dunno man, havent seen many movies that operate on the same scope. Into the Wild is good

Walter was a schizophrenic and psychotic and he needed help. Later on he probably killed Cheryl during one of his hallucinations.

Always liked Wes Anderson I might give this one a shot.
I was thinking about watching Grand Tour but I wasn't sure if I'd be into the cars
I've seen Into the Wild, read the book too, good stuff.

+appreciate

>Grand Tour

Some of the Too Gear specials are more just (slightly scripted) tours through interesting places. The Vietnam special was on shitty motorbikes for instance.

Hell, even my girlfriend liked it.

I was getting the schizoid vibe too. His visions stopped though.
Unless he's always zoning out at the end

I went to Thailand Because i Saw the Beach in 2000 ... and it left such an Impact on me .. i dont know why

The soundtrack and cinematography were top notch. Stiller was average, and the plot was somewhat of a wish fulfillment.

Either way, I liked it. 7/10.

>trailers make it seem that it's about some bored office drone making up cool shit in his head to get him through the day
>it's actually the equivalent of 'eat pray love' or some boring shitty preachy paulo coulho novel

one of the worst movies I've ever seen

>>it's actually the equivalent of 'eat pray love' or some boring shitty preachy paulo coulho novel
Yeah, I'm honestly sick of this theme of "fuck your life, go do wacky shit around the world". Unironically facebook-tier philosophy.

I can only think of a few of these movies. Eat Pray Love, Into the Wild, Wild and Walter Mitty.

Kind of strange though that in both Wild and Eat Pray Love the woman decides to leave her doting partner and just fuck random men as part of her "spiritual journey" but that is strangely omitted from the male-centric stories. Funny how that works.

Because in fiction on women are allowed to be sexually unsatisfied in their relationship and thus legitimated to go around the world getting sexual diseases.
Not even memeing. I can't think of a movie in which the main character is a male who leaves his gf/wife because she bores him in bed.

In the men skip town adventures they usually break it off with their girl first. She's usually standing on stage singing about fucking the lead singer right before the trip takes place.

Hector and the search for happiness is a similar movie in case you're looking for some travel flicks

Love interest and all his fantasies revolving around her were bad, and the Time magazine wank was a bit much. With a different director and actor it could have been a lot better.

My problemb is that I don't buy that his job sucked. Working for a magazine like that is some dope shit, and who the fuck gets bullied like that in a working place?

Stiller movies are for cucks. And I'm being 100% serious.

No memery at all

Its a pussy movie for not being the same as the book.

Felt wrong. The original was a man immersed in pulp as escapism. The remake should have been a videogamer or an anime weeb.

hipster as fuck!

A walk in the woods makes you want to reconnect with a bro and take off

> Anyway any other movies or documentaries that make you pumped to go travelling? I want to be a REALTravelerâ„¢.

- Into The Wild
- Wild
- The Darjeeling Limited
- Only Yesterday
- The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet
- Rockers
- Easy Rider
- Magic Trip (2011 documentary)
- The World's Fastest Indian
- The Station Agent

I actually really love it. You need to try to look through how pretentious it is, but once you can do that it's actual qualities really shine

I liked it and I enjoyed how all of it could have been avoided if Mitty had been the person he was at the end of the film that he was at the start (i.e. not daydreaming when his mother mentioned the photographer/not being so shallow that he didn't bother to examine his wallet properly).

Music was grant too and the visuals were top notch.

Not a movie, but this comic is absolute coming-of-age- travel kino. Short read too. I'd reccomend it if you can find it online

it's one of the best comfy films to come out in recent years

I dunno I watched that other movie where he played serious and it was terrible so I won't bother with this. he needs to stick to comedy

Are you retarded?