Even if it turns out to be a decent action flick you guys are going to shit on it, am I right...

even if it turns out to be a decent action flick you guys are going to shit on it, am I right? how long until we can actually discuss this thing without being called a shill or a libcuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDfySDiGeh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This board needs to ban discussion of all franchise films.

after viewing the utter pile of horse shit that was the force awakens I'm done with disney branded star wars

>it ain't me starts playing

>how long until we can actually discuss this thing without being called a shill or a libcuck

10 years.

This is a contrarian board. If people loves this movie, Sup Forums is going to hate it. If it flops, Sup Forums will eventually arrive to the conclusion that it's kino. This can be applied to every new movie.

here comes the disney shills squadron

Reminder

wow its almost like the first part of the cycle was just shills.

>Anybody who likes something I don't like is a shill
>Anybody who doesn't like something that I like is a pleb
Rogue One is going to suck, though

Situations where Sup Forums will love it:
SJWs get pissed off because the film accidentally does something slightly sexist or racist
That's it

>Character turns out to be gay
>Sup Forums automatically hates it because "muh sjws libcuck forced diversity cultural marxism abloo bloo bloo"

You gotta wonder the level of depth a writer who talks about "fighting hate" is capable of. That said, if the reviews are good, I'll watch it.

>female teenage love love interest isn't white
>6 active threads shitting on the movie 8 months before release

Fuck off Disney.

Star Wars hasn't been decent since before the prequels.

i hate the cinematography in the action shots

>alt white tried to shill against TFA
>becomes one of the top earning films of all time

what did polcucks mean by this?

Literally Westworld. I think we're around panel 5 or 6 atm.

Well that's what they're doing aren't they. A good writer doesn't have a suit stand over their desk telling them they need to make 10% of the characters gay. He just writes.And if you're good, he might write you a character that likes buttseks for christmas so you can get ALL excited about it.

leftard used to be all counter culture
now shills constantly for fucking disney
what happened?
but you know what? that's exactly why you lost

I would argue that popularity shaped GoT from a well done subtle dialogue-heavy fantasy akin to Rome to what it is now. But it's something that couldn't be avoided. Like how rock/metal spawned numetal.

No we need to keep them here and have /film/ for all pre 2000 film discussion

I'm not going to shit on it.

I'm just not going to watch it. Period. Because I'm genuinely bored with Star Wars. I don't hate Star Wars, I'm just bored with it.

This movie is for the next generation of Star Wars fans.

lmao you don't even make any sense

take your pills

I always wondered, so long as you're not a jedi, which 99.99999% of people aren't, what's so bad about the empire? Like what are they doing that's so evil?

they melted the self inserts parents.

what for?

because they are evil.

Bringing stability and ending corruption of the senate while making sure religious dogmatists don't have a say in politics.
Truly the face of evil.

Oppressive rule, anti-freedom, feel that extreme violence is justified whenever someone stands in the way of what they want. Of course authoritarianism has its perks and stability/order are generally positive things, but you're silly if you can't imagine any downsides.

>oppressive rule
again we never see this, what's so oppressive about them? do they impose heavy taxes? do they have forced labour? really apart from the jedi and rebels who are they oppressing?
>anti-freedom
same as above, what freedoms are they suppressing? we don't ever really see how awful life is in the empire, but we're told that it apparently is
>extreme violence is justified whenever someone stands int he way of what they want
all governments do this, hell the rebels themselves do it - how many people died on the death stars who were just there because they needed a job?

Let's be real here. If you apply for a job in a place called the Death Star you probably know the risk.

I was looking forward to it until Disney insisted on re-shoots to lighten the film.

I swore never to pay to see it when the writers/production staff (or whatever) started posting all the anti-white male shit.

If they wanted a decent action flick why not just make an original one instead of messing with SW mythology?

I will shit on it because it's a movie that has been made just for a quick buck. Because there's no art involved in it but marketing, politics and studio meddling. I cannot respect anything that doesn't come from a love of the art and I cannot respect anyone who watches it even if it's just "to have some fun".

>same as above, what freedoms are they suppressing? we don't ever really see how awful life is in the empire, but we're told that it apparently is

What about the whole butchering Luke's family and all those Jawas because they happened to come across a nondescript droid whose significance they were entirely ignorant of?

How about blowing up Alderaan?

The Empire is pretty evil, dude. It's clear that its leaders feel they can, and will, do anything they like to their citizenry and are too powerful to face any repercussions.

>most Sup Forumskids think the empire are the good guys because of their superiority and because they look like nazis
>a writer calls the empire nazis and white supremacists
>they get mad
top keketikek

you're part of the problem
>implying critic-shills won't take every opportunity they can get to suck the mouse's dick

I think it's stupid. Even as somebody who browses Sup Forums daily and is very far to the right I still see the Empire as the bad guys. To me they represent intrusive, bloated, corrupt, and globalist government.

>put anti trump logo up with pin supporting hillary as rebels.

>hurr durr why does pol think the movies shit on them.

>again we never see this, what's so oppressive about them? do they impose heavy taxes? do they have forced labour? really apart from the jedi and rebels who are they oppressing?
This is better established in cut scenes from ANH. Basically: yes.

>even if it turns out to be a decent action flick you guys are going to shit on it, am I right? how long until we can actually discuss this thing without being called a shill or a libcuck

Makes a refreshing change from the rest of the internet where you were called a racist and contrarian for disliking The Force Awakens for about 6 months until all the redditards realized it was just a shitty, boring rehash of two other Star Wars films

But yeh, imagine getting offended when someone calls you a shill. Maybe a hugbox would be better for you

>Dissolving democratic government
>Kills farmers without trial
>Blows up a fucking planet

Everyone on the Death Star was aware that it was being used to blow up planets. They are culpable. If the galaxy is such a shitshow that those peoples only option was to work on the death star than thats on the Empire.

Not to mention they rose to power in a bloody massacre. They are the bad guys

Fucking shill

i don't care about trumpo or liberals, i'm not american

Me on the left

>how long until we can actually discuss this thing without being called a shill or a libcuck.

When the "alt-right" pissbottles find something else to live for. That'll happen, right?

>If the galaxy is such a shitshow that those peoples only option was to
user. The Empire conscripted entire planets' militaries into the Imperial Starfleet.

ANH's editing really butchered the political background of the Star Wars universe. Poor George thought he was fixing an old mistake by including more of that shit in Phantom Menace. BOY WE SURE SHOWED HIM HE WAS FUCKED EITHER WAY.

this guy gets it

>criea because a stranger called him a racist on the internet
>"Maybe a hugbox would be better for you"
oh, the irony.

Its an "even if" argument
It wasnt shown on screen so screw what the actual background is. What I saw still convinced me they were evil. Don't need to dig into the lore.

>even if it turns out to be a decent action flick
This is the entire reason why I hate Disney's Star Wars films.. they are just action flicks.

NOT how I like my Star Wars.

>criea because a stranger called him a racist on the internet

I don't remember saying this, but people were legitimately shutting off to any criticism of the film and making the most retarded excuses. No doubt the same thing will happen with this one, and yet you even get redditrads with victim complexes like OP feeling oppressed because people will make fun of them for liking a movie for retards

Aw didnt you like being called racist and contrarian?
Go to your fucking safe space you nazi shitlord.

f we are to "Dump Star Wars", it should actually be due to Disney's Star Wars story ideas.

>Episode 7 was a rehash of 4 (I really liked Kylo Ren but was hell pissed how JJ made it exactly like Episode 4 so we couldn't be shown any backstory of Snoke, Kylo)
>Another death star
>A young Han Solo movie

THIS is what you guys should be fucking telling Disney that you hate them for not because of race and then maybe Disney will shape up their stories instead of you making it 100% race related and thus making you all look like idiots.

Can you imagine the Star Wars stories that we could get if Disney used their imagination AND used content from the prequels?

>A pod racing movie
>A prequel set before the events of Phantom Menace where it stars Qui Gon as he is assigned to track down a ruthless Sith
>A Darth Jar Jar movie set after the events of Episode 3 where Obi Wan must return to Coruscant after learning that Jar Jar is a Sith and has been mind tricking everyone at the Senate to get Sheev elected
>A movie set before the events of Episode 4 about Obi Wan living as a hermit in the outskirts of Tatooine
>A prequel set before the events of Episode 7 where we get the full detail of Kylo Ren's backstory and how he was seduced by Snoke, get to see Luke's temple and him training Jedi
>A Blade Runner like movie set in Coruscant where a Jedi must uncover the whereabouts of a secret Sith cult which lurk in the shadows
>A prequel centered around Darth Plageuis, the creation of Anakin and a younger Palpatine

I hope Disney and the media somehow reads these ideas and that Disney hopefully does something with them because I believe they would make fantastic Star Wars films.

>Legitimately shutting off criticism
>Tells OP to go back to their hugbox when they are wondering when people will allow OP to actually discuss the movie

Got it. Your criticisms are super important and need to be heard.
Dissenting opinions need to be shut down as hard as possible.
BUT ITS BAD WHEN "THEY" DO IT.

>Movie set before Episode 4
>Obi-Wan getting dragged out of self imposed retirement to save someone from the Hutts.
>Can't use his force powers for fear of being discovered, forced to rely on other skills and wits, getting the shit kicked out of him along the way. Finally locks the villain in a room with him alone, no windows or surveilliance, and busts out his lightsaber

>Tells OP to go back to their hugbox

If you get offended at someone calling you a shill (this is a gross exaggeration btw, this board was literally split 50-50 on that piece of shit given all the virgin neckbeards flooding Sup Forums from reddit) then you really, really don't belong here. No one cares about your sappy feelings and victim complex, it's fucking boring

Very nice idea user

You just did it again.
When people call you racist, thats shutting down legitimate criticism. When you call people a shill, its something they need to get over.
Pick one.
Either its ok to call you racist instead of listening to your boring complaints, or its shitty to just spam SHILL when someone discusses the film.

Anything to get more Ewan McGregor.

Well in the mean time, looks like you gotta watch his Jesus movie
youtube.com/watch?v=RDfySDiGeh8

>or its shitty to just spam SHILL when someone discusses the film.

except this is more than a gross exaggeration and never actually fucking happened anywhere near what OP claimed. This board actually made good arguments against the film, something that people slowly realized had merit as their sheer stupidity and fandom began to fade

Jesus is a white blue eyed Scot.
>K

See this movie to prove you're not racist. Do it.

oh, i will.

Stupid ass Movie, you can see the barrels have heat discoloration in other photos and that dumbass is holding the gun at the end of the barrel

>Another white guy cast as a Jew from a time when they were all brown skinned with thick, curly hair.
This is why I need multiculturalism.

>My side made good critiques, their side just called people racist and were just running off stupidity and fangirling.
Do you even listen to yourself?

There has never been a more autistic post in the history of Sup Forums

>HURR YOU ARE BEING AUTISM!!!!! I DON'T LIKE PHYSICS IN MY BABY MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As evidenced by the fact that the film got 95% on RT, was unironically critically acclaimed upon release but has become more than a bit of a joke in just under a year? Yeh, I'd say we're on the right side of history, sperg

Did I hurt your feelings Faggot! I was in the military and this shit is to stupid not to point out.

>Physics
>Of laser guns that shoot discrete bolts of energy slow enough to be blocked by a human
>Physics

Ok heres a few explanations.
1) That particular dude is a moron.
2) Its a different kind of gun
3) The Barrels have heat shielding for safe gripping
4) He slipped and grabbed his rifle due to the fucking firefight going on around him
5) Noone cares, because poring over every frame of a movie looking for inconsistencies is autistic

>marine_copypasta.txt

Maybe he hasn't fired it yet.

>calling something a "flick"
cringe

>Statistical analysis of reviews
>Compared to my opinion that its a joke
Ok.
You just sit safe in your bubble where you and yours are rightt and perfect and the other side are wrong and evil and stupid.

Really? Which military? Which Branch? What rank?

>Statistical analysis of reviews

What analysis have you provided aside from inane shitposting?

Military. 4 star general. 10 tours in Vietnam. Watch your fucking mouth.

You are comparing an overwhelming consensus on RT to your own staggeringly biased viewpoint.

Ok i was going to laugh but you couldnt even specify country or branch.
You suck.

>he's not a Colonel 100 with all weapons gadgets and achievements unlocked
you're nothing

Fake and gay.
Get that from trolling for dick on Tindr?

1v1 me asshole

No taken in 2009

consensus...from when this film was released, not from how people's opinions have changed since then you fucking retard

How have opinions changed? Got any way of actually backing up your bullshit?
Jesus, you're so fucking deluded.
You think we're arguing over whether the movie was good. But we're not.

>How have opinions changed?

The film has become a joke, people have realized (finally) after that neckbeard euphoria has dissipated that it offered literally nothing new except *gasp* le strongk female and black lead, all you have to do is sample RLM's opinions as it went from "I loved it" to scathing Mr Plinkett review in 8 months.

Sorry for your loss