Why the fuck does everyone like this garbage?

Why the fuck does everyone like this garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShLLp94RZMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sean peen

heehee

Why are there so many posters from this decade that look like that? I'm not a big fan of these

Explain why it is garbage? I liked it, and could relate alot.

Because Christopher McCandless was a bitter autist who hated society which most of Sup Forums's userbase can relate to

I think it's completely cheesy and badly written.

But, that's the americans for you.

This movie is way better because this guy actually pulled it off.

youtube.com/watch?v=ShLLp94RZMY

Not enough explicit lesbian sex scenes or pretentious and overly long monologues by an unseen narrative voice eh, Hanz? lol leave the filmmaking to the Western Hemisphere, where the real pros reside.

*le compulsory post about how hes so stoopid for going into le wild unprepared and how enlightened i am*

>rich and girls throwing themselves at him

... yea that's Sup Forums alright

little is more.

You dont have to explain absolutly everything and expose it and express it.

Somethings need to be filled in by the imagination of the viewer.

Sick of all this "insperational" shit. Completly over emotional trash.

because "muh true story drama"
because "muh epic pearl jam song"
because it is a great way for edgy teens to (((rebel))) against the system like literally "See, mom? I am special for identifying with this gorgeous human being!"

I watched it when I was younger and from my personal experience I can say these were the reasons.

I deleted it like 1/4 of the way in or whatever it was. It was just rich white kid problems: the movie.

>the main character wasn't smart so therefore the movie sucked

I'm not sure I follow you. There are countless examples of fanatastic movies where the main character makes terrible decisions. It's part of what makes a tragedy.

Would you see MacBeth and say "Terrible. Hated Macbeth. What an idiot."?

dafuq i didn't even knew sean peen directed that shit

i guess i hate it now

>be tired of your life and tired of the expectations placed upon you
>see no point in it
>walls everywhere you go
>parents are shit and didn't give you basic tools
>instead of whining and crying decide to do away with structures that are too far removed from your nature
>escape (literally instead of in video games/tv)
>rely on yourself and feel actual achievement (rather than being proud because you got 98 over 89 in a test)
>don't meet many people but that's ok. book are there to keep you company
>able to forge genuine bonds with the few people you meet because you have purified yourself (the old guy scene was fucking moving, and not fugging an underage kristen stewart is an achievement in hollywood)
>die horribly but you were dying anyway

basically an idealist's wet dream.
it's like none of you have read walden or ted kaczynski's manifesto

He did literally nothing wrong. He had reasonable ideals that he took seriously enough to die dedicating himself to them. It's a million times better than spending your whole life complaining about your circumstances and then dying anyways

> try to act smart
> spell 'inspirational' wrong

Europe, everyone.

My nigs. I expected better from you Sup Forums

The soundtrack is the best thing Eddie Vedder has ever brought out in his solo career.

>Guaranteed
>Hard Sun
>Society
>Long Nights

It is so fucking great.

That ending shot where Chris lies dead in the truck and the camera zooms out for miles while the guitar starts and Eddie starts his weird indianic screaming sends shivers down my spine like no other.

Also

>half nekkid KStew loli

Hnnnnng

just read the book desu

I think this is why it rubbed me the wrong way so badly. Shit, if you had to walk through the entire continental US and die in the forest during a poorly-planned winter to realize humans are social animals and that other human relationships are important, you deserved to die.

Too bad about the whole bit of "know so little about wilderness survival you starve to death less than a mile from the road you stepped off of to enter the wilderness, despite walking for weeks before finding a bus that had to be magic to be weeks of walking away from a road."

I did not like it because I loved the book so much. The pointless sex scene btw Supertramp and the super tramp.

I think it fell far short of the book. I know it's a meme to say "it ruined the book for me", but in this case its legit