Is this really the best shoegazing album?

Because, if it is, then shoegazing is a weak genre

I mean, it's a great album, but it's one of those albums that leaves you wanting for more. For more stuff that sounds like it, and sounds even better. Anyway, it isn't by any mean what I would call the best album of something

Can you suggest me something that sounds like it but it's better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tNW3nx2yD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only gazing I did was gazing at this album hitting the bottom of my trashcan.

a lot of people would recommend slowdrive

Always preferred Nowhere

I think the exact opposite, it's one of the albums that leaves me thinking "well that's probably as good as that gets" so I never bothered with shoegaze

Hello very big brain man i see you don't like the popular album thus make you very smats

Shoegaze is fucking crap, Loveless is just a little less trash compared to others.
Listen to this instead, the band's most accessible album.
youtube.com/watch?v=3tNW3nx2yD4

I literally said it's a great album

go fuck yourself asshole

>For more stuff that sounds like it, and sounds even better.
This sort of depends on what you mean by "sounds even better."

Slowdive, while I personally wouldn't say is better than MBV, is favored by a lot of people because they feel like Loveless is too dense and unvaried to really have memorable songs.
I don't really think that any Loveless-clones are better than the real deal, but if you just want to try out more of the same listen to Ecstasy of Saint Theresa, LSD and the Search for God, All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors, and Fleeting Joys.
Velocity:Design:Comfort, Ujubasajuba, and Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads are well liked around here because they're sprawling and interesting takes on shoegaze. V:D:C melds it with IDM, Ujubasajuba is more proggy/space rocky, and T-JC is a post-rock/shoegaze concept album about the second coming of Jesus taking place in Texas (yes really).

Personally, I recommend Windy & Carl's Drawing of Sound. It's a more of an ambient take on shoegaze and imo sounds much prettier as a whole than Loveless.
I also like MBV's first album Isn't Anything just as much, if not more than Loveless but I wouldn't exactly say it sounds "better." It's rawer and more fast-paced, but the songs are a bit more varied and I like the melodies more. All I Need, the most Loveless-like song on the album, has an even muddier sound to it.

what is this gay ass shit?
ewwwwww

This is along the same sound vein, although this is way more pristine. Without Loveless there would be no Depression Cherry

What do you listen to buddy? Post some I'm very interested.

>t. avant teen
not him but that is terrible.

T H I S

also

>fucking Henry Cow is avant-teen
Are you literally retarded? What's next? King Crimson is also avant-teen?

>fucking literally who is avant-teen??
kek, you sound so pretentious. stop listening to music as a fashion accessory you poser

>muh scaruffi
>kek

try to deny it all you want, drone

Ok buddy here's your precious (You). Sleep tight.

goodnight

Kindly end this meme. One song with a distorted guitar doesn't make a shoegaze album.

Teenage Filmstars: Rocket Charms

Distorted guitars aren't the one determining factor if a song is shoegaze or not. Dont put a box around shoegaze you regressive loser

>mfw lilys and the fleeting joys did the mbv sound better

> imagine being this tone deaf

Slowdive - Souvlaki.

imo Souvlaki blows Loveless out of the water.

shields wakes up every morning wishing he could be kurt heasley

That's exactly the point I was making. There is no shoegaze on that album.

I like Loveless the most because of sheer amounts of synth based electronic and studio based electronic effects are on here. It goes far beyond just the simple guitar pedal stuff that can be heard in other shoegaze and dreampop. The end result is far less something rock based like most shoegaze tends to be and something closer to like a far more layered electronic drone album but with pop hooks and vocals.

I love loveless and shoegaze but the genre doesn't have a lot of variance. I think the best shoegazey stuff is combined with other genres like V:D:C and the Angelic Process

are you one of those people who thinks there is a difference between shoegaze and dreampop?

There is a difference.

Lush, Slowdive, Bowery Electric, This Mortal Coil, Lily's, Cocteau Twins

hardly

not even really shoegaze
boring guitars for boring sleepy go bye bye people

Remember that time the Melon got super excited when they released this song because he thought it signified a genuine change in their sound but then ended up disappointed at the fact that the rest of the album was just 'more of the same?'

I remember.

Love 'em

>Slowdive, while I personally wouldn't say is better than MBV, is favored by a lot of people because they feel like Loveless is too dense and unvaried to really have memorable songs
actually I'd say that Souvlaki is even more unvaried, but Loveless is more cohesive

Shoegazing didn't need to come back. They were right the first time, Loveless was the endpoint for that particular subgenre. Musicians started going after trip hop and post-rock and Britpop after that, and that was when the scene was at its prime. 20 years later, some kids think they know better than the old timers, and think there's more to be mined from that field that was already fucking milked dry. Please.

nice

The self importance and pretentiousness of this post is quite something to behold.