Tfw a shitty grunge album for angsty teens is rated better than spiderland and laughing stock

>tfw a shitty grunge album for angsty teens is rated better than spiderland and laughing stock

>a shitty grunge album for angsty teens is rated better than a shitty grunge album for angsty teens and laughing stock

The Low End Theory and Laughing Stock should be the top albums there tbqh famalam

It's rated lower though
This image just proves that it's more popular
OP is a dumb dumb

>tfw meme rock album #1 is rated better than meme rock album #2 and meme rock album #3
Yeah I truly get you OP this is outrageous

It's not rated better tho, it's just the shitty rym algorithm that gives way too much credit to the number of rating.
Like I can understand a 3,70 with 5k ratings might be considered more than a 3,80 with 200, but when you get to stuff like 16k ratings it doesn't really matter anything especially since the average vote difference is pretty big too

>He hasn't taken the nirvana pill yet
Never gonna make it

>using RYM

>Teen angst garbage higher than Low End Theory and Laughing Stock

Do you go on the black market to find music, o great intellectual?

>rap above anything

>Tfw you are extremely insecure so you try to boost your self esteem by shitting on other people. Yeah I know the feeling

This.

Slint is overrated. Seems to me yet another case of the fluffy tail of breathless reputation wagging the mangy dog of minimal achievement. I've read enough rich praise for Spiderland to open a Swiss savings account, so I should have been surprised when, upon listening, I found a couple of unlikeable dweebazoids plucking untuned guitars while a creative writing student in therapy reads spittle-of-consciousness prose off a napkin.

i liked it

Plebeian: RYM
Contrarian: Sup Forums
Patrician: Clicking on the Youtube thumbnails with the coolest pictures.

Every single album from the 90s was shit.

t. Kurt Copain

And that's fine. It's okay to me but nowhere near as good as most people say. Nice trips.

It's just RYM's algorithm as others have stated already. Literally all of those others are rated higher than Nevermind. Spiderland is extremely overrated anyways.

at least spiderland has more substance and cool, strange grooves

Yeah but Nevermind has “Endless, Nameless”

Kek

>tfw a shitty grunge album for angsty teens is rated better than one of the classiest hip hop albums of all time

>RYM

You know, make the feathers red and add a shotgun in his hands, and you've got yourself a masterpiece.

>Goat barely top 30
>Screamadelica barely top 40
As if this is the most fucked thing about 91 on rym

Wtf is laughing stock and spiderland

I love nevermind. Fuck off

all great albums, i get the objective criticism for all of them but it takes a lot for me to say specific music has no merit

This is what I don’t understand of year lists in rym.
Why are albums which are rated higher lower than others? Which are the criteria?

>tfw a reasonable people without a toxic opinion and an healthy sense of discussion

Imho it's the least overrated mu-core album. Loveless, ITAOTS, TMR, Lift Your Skinny Fists, I never got the full appeal of them even with repeat listens, but Spiderland clicked immediately.

>Portishead
>Mogwai
>Flaming Lips
>Yo La Tengo
>NMH
>Swans
>Orbital
>Slowdive

The fact that these groups are well known doesn't give you a license to be a brainlet contrarian faggot, user. Please reply and tell me you enjoy NONE of these groups lmao

If you look at the number of ratings it's clear that the algorithm takes that factor into account too, which makes sense since a 4,00 with 100 ratings is not the same as one over 5k votes.
The problem is that it seems to miss some stepping stones and so even if you get in the 10k range, which should be more than enough, it still takes hugely into account the difference in that aspect and you end up having shit like OP posted