War For The Planet of The Apes

MONKINO
youtube.com/watch?v=UEP1Mk6Un98&t=42s
youtube.com/watch?v=UEP1Mk6Un98&t=42s

>It will be a Planet of Apes

holy shit the meme is real

Looking forward to it desu. Every time I see these movies I think "this is the dumbest premise ever" and then get pleasantly surprised. Especially with Dawn

>and finally i have ascended as a war of the planet of the battle of the forest of the monkeys of the apes

>it will be a planet of apes

Our movie of 2017?

Sign me the fuck up. Loved the other ones.

The effects are nice as usual. But based on this trailer, the film looks like it's going to be kind of dull.

Will we finally get to see this?

A tear was shed from mein eye, that part was so beautiful

Dawn is one of my all time favorite post-apocalypse movies. This is my most anticipated of 2017.

we all out ape war now, looks pretty fun senpai

>Caesar talking completely like a human

beyond hype

WE

I love these movies so much genuinely hyped

Every Ape thread until we like it huh? That's OK.

>apaches confirmed
>traitorous apes confirmed
>dull

Nah

Garbage, this whole reboot is fucking trash

>crack team suddenly forgets to aim/bring basic equipment to see in the dark
>monkeys with bows > guns just liek in Return of the Jedi
The kind of low intellect you must need to enjoy this mess

Looks even more generic and by the numbers than Dawn.

Holy shit what a terrible trailer.

Apes are genetically superior in everyway

Stay mad small dick human boy

monkeys are at war with humans but somehow they rescue and raise a toddler

not this shit again

Apes are using guns, did you even look at the trailer?

>tyrone

The name is Ceaser and now I am your king

>Irish origins

I raffed so hard when I found that out

Apes all have small cocks though.

Got to make them have the moral highground so people leave the theatre ingrained with the ''''opinion'''' that human beings are just terrible

>MONKINO

Usually in human vs X movies, the humans win because of their ingenuity, but in these movies the apes got our intelligence, as well as the ingenuity we typically associate with humans, so in the movie yes apes our superior in every way.

>If we lose...It will be a planet of apes
It's been a while since I cringed this hard.

>the single blockbuster franchise that puts character and story above mindless action
>each iteration is very different from the last and tries something new with a new cast, story, world, and feel
>everyone more or less ignores it as it gets great reviews

This is why we can't have nice things. Imagine if the Apes franchise was the norm for movie franchises, instead of the outlier.

Except that Koba was a straight up evil motherfucker in Dawn who fucked everything up for both sides

WOW YOU HEARD THAT LINE TOO, THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING

awesome poster too

>Apes are genetically superior in everyway
Good luck building complex tools. The reason why humans are so much weaker than them is because we traded raw power for precision; we have enormous control over how much force our muscles apply while apes are much closer to "all in or all out".

Koba did nothing wrong. He did what was best for his people. I loved Dawn because all 3 sides were absolutely justified in everything they did.

HE CAN TALK
HE CAN TALK

>Does greentext trigger your reddit?

>you will never be pushed to the edge of your morality as Caesar only to totter over the edge and execute human scum prisoners

LAWFUL EVIL CAESAR WHEN

By the end of this franchise Caesar will be one of the great characters in movie history

Can I play the piano anymore?

am i supposed to believe monkeys with guns and bows can deafeat an army with tanks and everything

HUH

WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR

Rambo did it, and these apes are smarter than him

Happened in Vietnam

>July 14

why no comfy chrimbus release?

Caesar has literally done a single thing wrong

Star Wars owns Christmas now.

the last two have been typical summer releases

I CAN SIIIIIIIIIING

>the apes aren't even wearing clothes yet
For fucks sake it's winter in half of those shots

They don't need clothes

Nice. On my birthday.

SO YOU'RE SAYING WE'RE SOME KIND OF PLANET OF THE APES?

p. hype

>It truly is ... a War for the planet of the apes.

MEMES ARE BECOMING REAL
PLS STOP THEM

Who wins?

>agile skirmisher vs. tanky brute

Gonna go with tank

Spiderman = capekino
War for Apes = apekino

While it is true that RAAR possesses the firepower and upper body strenght to make him a unchallenged warrior we can't forget the fact that WAW doesn't even need to steer his horse giving him somewhat of telepathic control over animals and a priest collar to match his never ending faith in Semos.

>dat Woody Harrelson
This gonna be awesome, family

I wonder if Koba is still alive

CHIMPANZEES AND ORANGUTANS ARE GREATER APES NOT MONKEYS YOU PLEB

>And now we are in the War for the Planet of the Apes

Seriously?

I am hype

woody is basically the colonel from Avatar desu

>Tfw a reboot of a 60s film looks way better than a new Star Wars or Spider-Man film

The vast majority of humanity is dead from a virus, most of the military included.

no doubt

Aren't humans apes too? It was already planet of apes

awesome

Yes, you racist

It helps that the past two movies were actually pretty competent and interesting.

>It will be a planet of apes

Holy shit

What happened to the humans from the movie before?

>Apes look like black persons

they died on the way back to their home planet

My only gripe is it looks too much like the last one, with a human bad guy with some dead kid looking for revenge against the apes. Where are the nice humans from Dawn? Did all of them die or forget they'd made peace with the apes? Could still be cool but I'd like something a little different/ more of a lead in to the true planet of the apes with humans as savage slaves and apes walking around the desert.

I hate every ape I see....from chimpan A chimpanzee

is this the only good hollywood franchise at the moment?

>Dawn-Humans are desperate scavengers
>War-Humans are all Call of Duty commandos
How'd that happen?

Commissioner Gordon said "I'll call it in" at the end of dawn and recruited a troup from a bigger city but Ceaser crashed their plane with no survivors anyway.

Harry Potter is pretty good. Also Mad Max assuming they make another one.

Better than any capeshit. This is honestly my favorite franchise of this decade.

Yeah, fantastic beasts wasn't great though, hopefully the sequels are better but I'm not expecting them to be. I thought the X-men first class-series was great until apocalypse, only capeshit after tdk that I liked.

>Harry Potter

Cunnykino

I am now looking more forward to it because there's a cunny in it. This is what Sup Forums has done to me.

There's no way they can make better looking CG than dawn of t-

You're on the right path, user

I am determined to fit this in somehow to the main POTA timeline, but I don't want to go back and watch all of the sequels to the original.

>Yeah, fantastic beasts wasn't great though
I agree it wasn't the best, but it showed potential, and it had fleeting moments of brilliance. You can't say that about Marvel movies.

I agree. It surprises me how well Marvel is still doing, because it all feels so damn similar in tone in every movie. I mean even the new spiderman just has the same thing to it. I get that it's supposed to be kind of that way since they're supposed to exist in the same universe but it's like, if I'm watching Thor and he's in Asgard there's no reason why it can't have its own thing going on. Guardians of the galaxy is the only one of em that broke the mold a bit and felt like its own thing in tone. Haven't seen Dr Strange but that one might do that too.

Same, the only real difference between this one and the last one is that it's about the military and Woody Harrelson is here to say "No really this is our last stand for real this time". I liked both of the movies before this so I'm hopeful that it will have it's own spin on things, but it isn't a great trailer
I think a big problem comes from the fact that in the original Planet of the Apes, the reason the world worked was because the astronauts came back centuries or thousands of years after everything happened, which explains why the Apes could have a society, humans could be reduced to savages who have lost even the ability to speak, and all evidence of the old world would be buried far away from everyone except for archeologists. In these movies, however, it seems like they think they need everything to revolve around Ceasar, which means that everything happening can't take place more than 30-40 years after the events of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which hamstrings them because they can't include a lot of of the interesting factors from the original movie because the timeline doesn't make sense

>It's another bunch of men with tanks and guns lose to a bunch of monkeys AGAIN episode

There's like what, a few thousand monkeys? Why not just fuck off and move to Australia or something, rebuild your civilization and let them continue to live in a jungle in huts?

Or alternatively, you could get a fucking nuke, I mean these guys LOOK like they are ex military, and they have helicopters and shit.

Why don't they just get a couple nukes from an old military base somewhere in the US, which you know is fucking completely abandoned, it's not like they couldn't just waltz up into a former base and grab some nuclear bombs.

Did Koba do anything wrong?

So Woody Harrellson is Ittin?

Nope. He did what he thought was best for his people.

>Never thought I would become War for the Planet of the Apes

Seriously? Who writes this stuff?