What music do people with high IQ listen to? Probably Radiohead, right?

What music do people with high IQ listen to? Probably Radiohead, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4n_8R5lKnw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I1188GO4p1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RYM top 100

Lil Wayne

bait

Back when Amazon let you see the post commonly purchased albums be geographic area and school, I would look at the best selling albums at Ivy League universities. I remember Vienna Teng being a big seller.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4n_8R5lKnw

post grindcore

Classical, and that's a scientifically proven fact.

both of these exclusively

I listen to garbage ironically and to gain a better understanding of the common man.

Cradle of Filth

I scored in the top 2 percentile on both the ACT and SAT and I listen primarily to rap, and my favorite musician is Kanye West.

metalcore, trap, electroswing, and dubstep

They listen to whatever they damn please because they're smart enough to realize that it doesn't matter.

I listen to Sup Forumscore because I have an IQ of 95, however I'd like to make note that by recognising this I can't be that dumb.

talking heads; thinking man’s band

95 is in the average range. Relax.

high iq people are easily coerced by intellectualism memes

chill bruh I mostly listen to Sup Forums-core too and I tested relatively high (upper 120s)
the brainlet meme's caused people to get insecure over the stupidest shit

Mr Bungle, Snarky Puppy, Frank Zappa

old jazz and blues

Field recordings of people having their assholes eaten out.

I don't know about high IQ, but as a mathematically oriented brain who appreciates creative work, basing the quality of music on genre, artist, or even lyrics is just a poor way to listen to music. It's all about the ensemble of different sounds working together in a way that creates a unique array of patterns selectively working together in a harmonious way. It's the difference of randomly placing your fingers on a guitar and strumming and drawing a mental pattern to what sounds are cohesive with one another.

There's so many songs that I dislike but really enjoy a singular part of enough to listen to it and skip to that part.

I got a 35 ACT without studying and got a perfect score on the pre SAT in 8th grade with about the same effort. This doesn't really qualify me to speak on this, but whatever. I think a lot of what we'd associate with being 'smarter' music is related to a personality dimension like openness to aesthetics as well as grasp on music as a concept, which can look different when approached from a classical lens vs. a Scaruffi-esque alternative rock canon. There are people who are also very smart and have a weak concept of aesthetics or don't have a decent grasp of music as a concept simply because it's not an interest to them. It's hard to grasp this, and most studies that try to link taste and intelligence just do not have these assumptions built into their methods so it gives a real scattershot view of the terrain, and at best you come away with a weak statement like 'smart people like classical'. I do believe there is something like an imperfect hierarchy to aesthetics, but I wouldn't put too much stock in this idea. Really, when it comes to understanding what it means it reduces down to a figure it out for yourself, and really strain to see what is aesthetically valuable. It's really a lot more nuanced than what is saying if you tried to have an well integrated view on the subject.

Probably nothing because music is a waste of time.

We typically listen to the mein kampf audio book.

I appreciate this post user

A "mathematically oriented brain" listens to just snippets of songs, instead of whole songs and God forbid albums? Is this a new pasta?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I1188GO4p1E
This