What is the best Indiana Jones movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PzE6-WZtOi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1>2>3>4

3=1>2>4

that's not an indiana jones movie

Fate of atlantis

Raiders. Its not even a discussion. Crusade is great but it has a completely different tone than Raiders with way more quippy comedy. The tension is sort of dissolved because of that, while Raiders has the perfect tone. Everything feels way more urgent like Indy being trapped in the Well of Souls, the truck chase, and when they open the ark. Marcus Brody feels like an actual smart and respectable friend of Indy's, rather than the cooky old man comic relief that they reduced him to in Crusade. Same thing with Sallah.

contrary minds say this

or is it?

3 > 1 > 2 > 4

That's the right order.

You almost got it kiddo. 3 = 1 is almost correct.

3 is the good one, rest are trash

Raiders obviously. Crusade is much comfier and Doom, despite constantly being shit on, is still a great film. But when it comes to pure artistry/planets aligning type shit, RotLA is the greatest example of what a perfect blockbuster movie should be.

Raiders for best movie, Dr. Schneider for best girl

can confirm

nope it's not i checked

>I'd put it in her Doody-hole

>this is how we say goodbye in Austria

My first crush
I mean god damn.

Correct

4>3>1=2
1 and 2 are trash because of "muh evil nazi" stereotypes

Decent bait there, friendo

which girl do you want the most, be honest

3>1>2>4

Temple of the Crystal Skull

1>3>4>2

1=3>2

>god-tier
1 and 3
>meh-tier
>wtf are you even doing tier

Took someone long enough.

Looks like 4 chose... poorly.

This, Temple of Doom is shit.

Crusade is the best.

Imagine, you have the chance to throw all that repressed anger, resentment and jealousy you've built for 30 years in your father's face and say "I found the Ark of the Covenant, and sure, I'll help you find your little cup too" but instead you calmly pause and say "I can't think of anything."

The Last Crusade.

I know it's not the best, but my favorite was Temple of Doom.

>Rational answer from a personal perspective

Do you know where you are?

I love that scene.

>You left just when you were becoming interesting.

Temple of Doom was about Poo in Loos though.

BANGKOT PALLIS

Crusade also had the best Williams score of any Star Wars or Indiana Jones film.

youtube.com/watch?v=PzE6-WZtOi4

>tfw no adventurefu

1 > 3 > 2 > 4

It's indisputable.

made me lol

this

am i a pleb for agreeing with this

You're not. 4 is more in line with the series than 2. If anything, 2 is sort of the 'end' of the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." He doesn't have comedy sidekicks (chronologically) after that, just love interests or family members.

fpbp

3>1>2

objectively

oh yeah you're right let me fix that
2>4>3>1

Same here, I could watch Temple of Doom over and over. Raiders is definitely better. Last Crusade has the same problem that affects Temple of Doom: it takes forever to get started. For me, Temple of Doom has a more memorable opening sequence, Anything Goes vs. the Young Indy sequence, and a more memorable villain, which edges it out over Crusade.

Crystal Skull is atrocious.

>implying Raiders < anything

The mountain.

Temple of Doom would work better if Chattar Lal was revealed to be Mola Rom. Oxford educated, but resentful of the British Imperialism, using his archeological knowledge to retrieve the stones and unleash their power, and an intellectual equal (if not superior) to Dr. Jones.

As it stands, we don't meet the villain of Temple of Doom until over an hour in.

Mystery.

The title card.

Hadn't thought of that before but yes, that would have been great. Nicely said.

Character introduced. Have yet to see Indy's face.

Danger.

Uncertainty.

Going deeper.

More danger.

More uncertainty.

And fear.

Sapito, brilliant, but greedy.

The map.

Why do we need him?

The gun.

The whip.

3>2>1>4

now i want to watch this again

>3 > 1 > 2 > 4
fukken THIS, although 2 and 4 are breddy shit, while 3 is god-tier and 1 is excellent-tier.

The reveal.

Raiders is just so good, all the way through. I just can't get behind anybody who says Crusade is better.

Yeah, those guys are nuts

I have the ominous horn soundtrack in my head with that pic when Indy turns round
I also have the ominous horn but I'm very hungover and that happens

Sean motherfucking Connery.

>how will we escape this plane thats persuing us?
>lets go to the beach were he can easily see us and the only place where there is no cover
>sounds good to me

This

Maybe it is nostalgia, but I've watched it 5+ times while the others I can't get into. I also like Crystal Skulls

Well they could have kept running around that giant rock until he ran out of fuel, but you know Indy, making it up as he goes.

1 is the best

3 is the most fun

What is this?

that only appears on posts that are objectively correct

>Raiders is just so good

Wow.

Raiders sucks. I don't get the appeal. It's boring and drags.

Crusade is a great fucking movie, the best of the Indiana Jones films.

Ok,

>OP is a faggot

I unironically believe The Last Crusade is better than Raiders.

Both are better than Temple of Doom and way better than Kingdom of Shia LaBeuf.

This

cuck(s)

1,2 > 4 > 3

What is it about the indiana jones trilogy that makes those films so comfy?

The scale, well-defined characters, the memorable score, a satisfying good vs evil story, the exotic locations, the imagery, the wish fulfilment of being a rogue adventurer with a female companion
People might generally say "nostalgia," but there are many reasons to explain why the trilogy is so good, so fuck 'em
They just don't make them like that any more.