stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I already do

im too dumb to understand it
any sport more complicated than put ball in net is too hard

>wanting millennials to taint America's sport

No thanks

Le your city size determines your payroll which determines your sucess league

That's not true at all though. Despite having a weaker salary cap than the NFL or NBA, MLB actually has a lot more parity. The Dodgers have had the highest payroll in baseball for 7 years and haven't even reached the WS once.

I would if I had cable. Baseball is the comfiest sport to just throw on the TV and not really pay attention.

>le play 162 games and leave the playoffs up to complete chance league

And also the best record now?

I agree the NFL has less parity but i would rather it be based on management and coaches than the size of their TV market

Mets have 2 ws in almost 60 years and a mid tier budget

but its actually two leagues

Lol , i am guessing your not good with statistics.

Also determining sucess from playoffs with a 162 game season. For the "smart" sports fans you people sure are stupid. Every time i meet a baseball fan i feel i know more than them.

>And also the best record now?

Who gives a shit? There's no trophy for the best record.

>than the size of their TV market

Oh yes, the massive Kansas City tv market, who could forget.

First you complain there's not enough parity, now you're complaining the league has mechanisms to increase parity. Make up your mind.

This

Fuck off with your "luck"swing

Lol Kansas city has been a parenial loser except for a good 2 year run. Fuck me do you people even watch your own sport. Hahahahha

Now you're upset because a team that usually doesn't win titles won a title. Fucking christ, what do you want? 3 peats?

Your comment gave me a headache. Pay attention, i will slowly spell it out: Taking 1 team and 1 example and 1 playoff does not proof anything. Plenty of studies show big payrolls give you 10 wins extra on average (keep in mind again average does not mean every year). Guess what! 10 wins is a great advantage when it comes to winning ws.

The real question is why are baseball fans so bad at math and statisitics?

I already do

What? You have zero reading comprehension. I am saying your pne example (called an outlier in statistics) doesnt prove anything. I point out kansas cities longer history as evidence. Fuck me your and idiot

you are actually

the dumbest person on sp right now

how can people watch this? are there autistic people enough to watch 162+ 3 hour games a year?

Nope this guy is
He keeps saying " well thats not true , remember back , the one time, back then. See that one example disproves everything"

It does matter though. It doesn't bother me though because small markets can definitely be good, it's just that they operate on a smaller margin of error and it's harder to sustain success

When was the last time the highest-paid team won the world series?

It matters, but it's not the sole determinant.

Forgot pic

Imma go on the limb here and say 09 Yankees.

Why is the MLB logo of a jewish player?

it was still a well constructed roster, Cashman is one of the best gms in baseball.

27 times out of about 100 ws were won by the yankees. Boston, SF, and Cubs all have had top 5 payrolls when they won.

That is undisputable. Again your not grasping the main arguement and keep going back to one-offs such as "well the highest payroll didnt win it was the 4th higjest payroll". more money means more advantage. Christ

Well of course not. The brewers lead a division with the lowest payroll and the Indians were one game away from the WS with like the 23rd payroll or something

>27 times out of about 100 ws were won by the yankees.

Can't really count a good portion of those wins due to the leagues current parity level back when the reserve clause still existed.

It's an advantage but not as much as people have made it out to be.

I'd still prefer over salary cap cancer

What always makes me smile is that baseball fans can't admit that payrolls gives a team a huge advantage. No sport is fair: Hell the NBA is a waste land of competition. They just talk it over in a club to make a super team. The NFL the league has all sorts of things most notabely in my opinion is the strength of schedule balance bullshit.

But baseball fans can never admit that the Dodgers most likely will have a better chance than the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Its one of the great mysteries of life to me why people can obsess about numbers but can't see the the truth on that one.

I am actually a baseball fan btw for a larger market team. Yeah, we have better odds to win most of time, I can admit it.

>fan of this team
>any good players get traded

i watch the A's all the time when the team is good (never any other teams or games besides the playoffs) but besides that, nah

I'm a KCR fan, and my market is small as fuck. I wouldn't change the way baseball is for anything. It's just better. Sure a bigger payroll increases chances, but look what the fuck the NFLs "Parity" does for my Chiefs.

It's easier for an NFL Team to get a roster full of champs, keep the roster full of champs they got, and be Division winners for seasons on end. It happens often in NFL.

Baseball even teams that have high payrolls tend to have hard times with long periods of dominance. Look at the Yankees.

Not to mention if the huge payroll teams make mistakes they're stuck eating millions in bad contracts for years on end most likely.

Before you try and bring the regular season into this, the main thing fans care about is championship wins. So I'm going by that, and ofcourse baseball fans will admit the dodgers have a better chance than the fucking Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Well not the dodgers because lots of people hate the fucking dodgers) but still.

Lets look at the last few WS winners
>Chicago Cubs (14th highest)
Big market team that proves it doesnt matter you're in a big market, you'll still not win a WS for 108 years in a Row
>KCR (16th highest)
Literally one of the smallest markets in baseball if not the smallest market in baseball
>Giants (10th, 8th, and 7th)
In terms of market size they're still middle of the road, top 15 sure, but ranking from 13-15.
>Cardinals ((11th highest payroll both years won)
Perennial world series winners, their market in term of sizes barely make the top 20.
>Red Sox (2nd, and 4th highest payroll year won)
Big market, also had a 100 year drought until this last decade.
>Yankees (1st year won)
The Definition of moneyball, only huge market to have constant huge success.
>Phillies (12th highest payroll year won)
Big, big market in baseball, really shitty success over long periods of time!
>White Sox (13th year won)
Huge market, once again shit team for long times!

Would rather watch Grass Grow

forgot picture

The way that big market teams circle like vultures around the little ones is annoying though. Every time an Oakland player hits a double the GMs of the Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox are waiting at second with a $150 million contract

Comfiest sport there is.

So the past decade of WS winners, some being big markets still a majority of them had payrolls in the double digits in terms of rankings winning.

Only 3 of them had payrolls in the top 5 of the year.

When you start getting in 8th highest payroll through 18th highest payrolls in most years, they tend to have only a few differences of 10-20million in payroll on the team, if you look at the statistics, and even further than that the amount in payroll the teams winning these WS have most of the time is usually only 30-40million more than 19-25th highest payroll, and the teams with the low payrolls are usually in rebuild mode anyways.

I'll agree with that, it definitely can be disheartening as a fan, but I'd still have it the way it is now than in other sports.

stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm

>It's all chance

I'd rather watch a league where you can predict shit then one where it's just two teams

Then again, you can make a run and win the WS or make the WS. Mets had a crappy roster in 2015 yet made it with no stable catcher and a second basemen who could catch the ball in a crucial game

You know what? I don't care if casuals don't watch our league. Less people whining about MUH BOREBALL XD during every game they even try watching. Keep this sport comfy and not filled with ADHD riddled teenagers.

Oh and fuck you, France/any European about to post in this thread.

>The Dodgers have had the highest payroll in baseball for 7 years and haven't even reached the WS once.

reminder that every other team in the NL West has made it to the series since the Dodger last did in 1988.

9/10 post. solid.

They have literally won the division pracitcally each year. lol, you guys can't grasp the luck that is a post season run.

too intellectual a sport for your everyday retard

>the luck that is a post season run.

No, it's about not being shit over multiple games. If it was pure luck then we wouldn't have 5 and 7 game series.

Almost nobody watches all 162 games. And the games are very long. But like other anons have said, there is something incredibly comfortable about baseball. Especially if you grew up with it. Cubans and Dominicans in particular know what I'm talking about.

>They have literally won the division pracitcally each year. lol, you guys can't grasp the luck that is a post season run

Tbqhwyf, I know postseason has a lot of Luck, my team has a lot of luck, and I'd rather watch my team hoist the championship trophy up, be the fucking champions of the entire league, once every 30 years with 1 division championship and WS, to be prennial divison winners with 0 recent world series.

Come back to me when the regular season and all the dodgers payroll gives you an experience like pic related.

Also, forgot to mention, that picture just proves that
Post season > Regular season
and that post season matters more.

>Flyover City USA has been more successful than Guggenheim Hebrew Investments of Los Angeles

lmao get fucked Califags

Actually I am a giants fan. How does my dick taste?

This is completely beside tje point. You can't argue LAD as an example of parity because they haven't won a WS when they win their division all the time.
Parity doesn't just mean a different champion every year.

>Parity doesn't just mean a different champion every year.

That is all that it means. Wild card+WS title is better than #1 seed+no title all day long.

>Actually I am a giants fan. How does my dick taste?

I mean, the Royals got to game 7 of a WS literally 0 (zero) fucking people before the 2014 season started said they'd make it too.

I was bit bumraged at the madbum, ill be real after 2014, but 2015 absolved any hatred I have for the giants, and they're still the 2nd most likable team in the NL West, before the Rockies.

literally all 4 teams in the NL West have been in a World Series, and 2 of them have won it since the Dodgers last made an appearance, the Dodgers might win their division all the time, but the Padres are basically a team like the Jaguars in baseball, the Dodgers are a bad example because the NL West is about one of the worst divisions in baseball, and is usually one because the teams in it have shit management, and yet 4 World Series have been in the NL West since 1989 and none of them from the Dodgers.

Yankees won the WS in 2009, now tell me how having the 1st and 2nd highest payroll in multiple seasons since 09 has helped them. How many division titles have they had since then?

Ok, what's the best way to learn the rules? It was fun to watch in Cross Game.

>Something incredibly comfortable about baseball
This. Being at a live game is really relaxing.

>90 ft from extra innings
At least 2015 happened

just start watching, friend. it'll come to you

baseball is the ultimate comfy sport. flick it on, pay attention occasionally, and enjoy the moments

I'm too smart for it

>Ok, what's the best way to learn the rules?

Just watch. If you like it, great! If you don't, no big deal. Just remember, as much as we Americans talk about >muh America's pastime about this game, it's a fact that Baseball is #1 in Japan, Cuba, Venezuela, PR, and the Dominican Republic, but only #2 in the US. It's a game that foreigners can appreciate more than we do.

this is completely false

Baseball is so much fun when your team is doing well and so painful when it isn't

as a Brewers fan I'm having a great time this year

just watch. Infield fly rule and balks can be picked up as you go.

Thanks! I guess I'll try watching some top teams then.

everyone except floridians do

implying baseball is not tained by le stem masterace sabr faggots

nobody can watch the dodgers on tv though