Who else is just now "getting into music"???

I recently started lurking and posting here and I've realized I havent listened to SHIT out of the essentials.

I havent even reached fucking entry level in a genre yet.

My taste is diverse at least, every genre is enjoyable to me.

I dont even know where to start. My ADD doesnt help. Im listening to Classical right now but a few minutes ago I was getting familiar with MF DOOM nad a few minutes before that I was exploring Emo and Metal.

Pic Related is few of my favs. I know, I have no taste, i dont mind it.

Stop listening to Emo and Rap. You can thank me later after youve lurked for a year or two.

retard

first off, stop making charts. even if its somewhat good, people are gonna ridicule you for it. second, listen to whatever you like most and dont let critics or mean anons to persuade you into listening to shitty elitist music

Just keep exploring.
Listen to Hatful of Hollow by the Smiths, it's kind of a compilation but there's unique tracks and some of the older tracks are much different, such as This Charming Man.
Most of your stuff is easy-listening, that's not to say that's a bad thing but that's why you seem to be in so many genres.
I idd the same thing for years and most anons do this, the easy-to-listen-to albums of a genre are usually their most lauded so it makes you think you like everything.

If you are liking dreampop, Beach House tries to copy Cocteau Twins a lot, listen to their album Heaven in Las Vegas and if you like that try Treasure.
Continuing into dreampop listen to Slowdive's album Soulvaki and MBV's Loveless if you haven't already, they are the dreampop classics.
Melody's Echo Chamber is produced by the guy from Tame Impala so you might like her as well. If you are the type of person to smoke or anything make sure to watch the live set the band Fishmans has.
I know you didn't ask any of this but if you want a cursory introduction to dreampop these are good recs.
For a less known recommendation listen to We Were Born Canaries, dream/synth pop which is relatively unknown.

>all this Rocky
>no Ferg
>no Spaceghostpurp
>no Denzel Curry

Trap Lord, Nostalgic64, Mista Thug Isolation, Atrocity Exhibition, Big Fish Theory

heard all of them m8

chart is just random albums

This is true

check out any of these if you havent:
lil ugly mane
animal collective
aphex twin
beach boys
curtis mayfield
fela kuti
james brown
ratking
bad brains
talking heads
miles davis
frank zappa
waka flocka
lil b (unironically)
joao gilberto
hitsville (motown compilation)

I have hardcore ADD too and rarely have the patience to sit through an entire album (unless it's a solid favorite). I'll usually pick out a batch of 10-15 albums at a time and listen to each album in halves. My library is +2500 albums now. Just browse the charts at RYM and browse genres related to the stuff you like. Your collection will build in no time.

Also, based on your favorites, I'd recommend:
Pale Fountains - Pacific Street
The Delgados - Hate
Kitchens Of Distinction - Strange Free World
Julia Holter - Have You In My Wilderness
Ride - Going Blank Again
David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive
Alison's Halo - Eyedazzler
Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

>tfw your first exposure to music is mid 2010s overhyped Sup Forums and P4Kcore

I genuinely feel bad for you

You need to listen to classics, you'll begin to realize exactly how shit most of the stuff you enjoy really is.

Rock,Soul,Funk,Metal,Punk,Folk,Jazz essentials are more essential than Hip Hop essentials

Literally everyone in this thread is right

Continue your music journey user

good thread OP

Oh so this is the kind of people that listen to lil peep and the smiths

Not op but thanks for contributing a good post on this board

Same. I feel this is the case for many young kids discovering music

Enjoy while it lasts. The years up until you turn into a cynical know it all snob are the sweetest.

Mac demarco, lil peep, tame impala, memerap. Its all there.