This season was a jumbled mess of dropped plot points and bad sociopolitical commentary

This season was a jumbled mess of dropped plot points and bad sociopolitical commentary

They honestly need to wrap the show up. It's a shadow of its former self like Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad etc.

The shame is that they still get praise. I suspect it's mostly because of DUDE DRUMPF LMAO.

I don't care who they mock or parody, I just want it to be good. The show has been shit for a number of years now.

>MUH GOD EMPEROR
it was decent, get over it.

This has been unfunny shit since episode 1 who the fuck thought memberberries was funny?

Correct. Enough with the season-long storylines please.

No it wasn't, this season was a fucking mess

>I honestly don't know what happened other than to blame it on them breaking their own rule of not picking "sides" and wanted to be "equal opportunity offenders"

>I'm not blaming it on serialized story because that worked in S19. I'm not butthurt about them making fun of Trump because that was funny af in S19.

>It just wasn't fucking funny. I don't know how or why they fucked it up so fucking bad this season especially since the source material we got this year was so glorious.

>They set themselves up perfectly given the PC culture subject matter they dealt with last season. Now this season they could have illustrated how internet trolls and Trump were deliberately offensive to fight back against PC culture muzzling free speech. You'd think Matt and Trey would be intimately familiar with this sort of thing given their history with censorship.

>The only funny thing about this season was the reveal that SkankHunt was Gerald: precisely because a vicious internet troll could be someone you'd never expect: even a meek, mild-mannered family man. Making all the rest of the trolls disgusting manlet creatures undercut this joke.

>The Girls v. Boys war angle just didn't work, Garrison and Catelyn Jenner was played out already last season. Cartman's entire personality turning 180 (even before he got a GF) didn't make any sense. The amy schumer joke worked exactly once and even then because she literally did a "muy vaiiinnna" joke like the very next night. Nothing about member berries, Danish troll trace, the Trolls getting rickrolled was funny whatsoever.

>What happened? why didn't they make it funny? Did they really think 2016 election was just business as usual? Did they not imagine Trump could win? Did they just not want to paint him in any kind of positive light or admit that he was playing the whole political system like a harmonica?

>You tell me, user. I don't know how the best satirists of our lifetime fucked this up so badly.

>he thinks serialization in s19 worked and was funny

What the fuck was even the point of the member berries? There was no resolution at all to that storyline

Its been like that the last six years, at least

People go on and on about how South Park is this fucking brilliant satire but then you watch it and it's a bunch of strawmen and hamfisted moralizing mixed in with tedious profanity

They excepted Hillary to win and planned on something different and then had to wing a new direction of the season.

The whole gentleman's club thing with Bill Clinton, Hillary recruiting Gerold to help her, Garrison and Randy setting out to find a cure for the memberberry shit. It all makes much more sense if Hillary had won.

I agree, but it was fun to see it anger Trump supporters.

ITT assmad trumpkins

South Park hasn't been reliably funny since s09 or 10 max.

I love it to death, but I don't even tune in anymore.
It's not even close to what it used to be.

Ah, that actually does make a lot of sense

Uh dude they didn't take sides. They made fun of Clinton like a total of two times as compared to Trump a dozen times so take that Drumf fan XD XD XD

Fuck these people.

member when south park was good

it might have something to do with Hillary being the most boring play-it-safe politician in the US and Trump being a living, walking caricature

What was the member berries pay off going to be? They were pretty much dropped a few episodes ago.

Okay. So what was supposed to happen if Turd Sandwich became president?

They should have just went ahead with the season they planned with Hillary winning and either figured out how to get out of it later or just ran it as an alternate timeline going forward. I mean just because Hillary lost to Trump doesn't mean she would have lost to Garrison.

>not plotting out storylines in advance
>not going with an alternate universe

Matt and Trey wouldn't make rookie mistakes like that.

They existed to poke fun at "nostalgia culture" which is driving all of the 'soft reboots' of film franchises these days

They thought they were being clever by floating the idea that trump supporters were just falling for nostalgia - while that's certainly the angle of the 'MAGA' slogan, it's not what's driving people to vote for trump

In the finale they suggest that trump was elected by people getting 'trolled' into voting for him - not necessarily that all trump supporters are trolls, but that they were provoked into voting trump as retaliation after seeing attacks against people like them

Which is closer to the truth but still not all encompassing or a particularly accurate framing

They're just narracistic,they think because they "predicted" an obviously one sided presidential race, that they could somehow predict the outcome for this one. When political scientists called the race to close to call for most of October. They should have had two storylines because the race was definitly too close to make an adequate assumption.

>a jumbled mess of dropped plot points and bad sociopolitical commentary
To be fair, that's what a regular episode of South Park is. It was just made more obvious by the fact that this season was essentially one long episode stretched out and cut up into a season.

>reuse the exact same jokes every single episode, with no meaningful transformation or appropriation
Were people still laughing at "girls are funny get over it" in the finale after hearing it in 10 episodes?

>anti media
Dropped

Tbh I expected some sort of cartman going full nazi again by the end of the season

Muh triggered posting
Muh everyone must follow my worldview
Muh persecution complex
Muh libruh konspuracy
Muh joos did it
Muh libruh controlled media

Boo hoo sob sob sniffle sniffle. Kys

The memberberries story is far from dropped. If Hillary won it would have ended, but with the way they set things up they can't have that storyline end while still having Garrison be president. Expect it to keep showing up for at least four more years along with President Garrison.

>south park will be shit and reuse the same joke for 4 years
fuck

No, it's unfunny shit period. Get the fuck over it.

The show worked better as single episodes or at least a two or three parter episodes (Imagination Land, Black Friday, Cartman gets frozen and awakes in future).

tldr: redditors are mad because it made fun of their precious trump
south park has always been more miss than hit you faggots

But there are just as many people who are annoyed at the reuse of 'girls are funny get over it' which by your logic is an SJW opinion

So then, cuck, what's wrong with us saying this season was also miss?

you forgot smart too, asshole

>Saw this ep on TV earlier today
>Remember watching it live for the first time in High School
>Didn't appreciate it at the time

Where did SP go wrong?

Isn't that every season though?

My favorite ep last season was the one where they have Trump as PM of Canada. "Where My Country Gone" is a great ep.

It wasn't the trump mockery that made this season dumb. It was the same 2-3 jokes consuming an entire season and a lack of humor in general.

goes to show that if you are going to do a long story arc don't write the episodes a week at a time

the only continuity that should remain is tweek and craig

the tweak and craig are gay episode was the best thing south park has done in a long time

>The whole gentleman's club thing with Bill Clinton, Hillary recruiting Gerold to help her,
Didn't both these happen after he won.

>"i will not die until america is destroyed"
>america reaches the current height of its greatness by electing trump and will only get better
>castro dies an unloved, unmourned failure

Drumpfkins are so easily triggered.

Season 20 was unintentionally their funniest because it was funny how sure they were that Clinton would win.

the season sucked shit with forced political bullshit that wasnt writeen or presented in a funny way. the scientology episode was hilarious, even though I fully believe in freedom of religion and dont think scientology is a cult. the episodes involving jesus are funny as fuck even though im a christian who knows images of jesus and God are heretical. I supported Bernie Sanders and the season was garbage that wasnt presented well. get over it with le Sup Forums "alt right" boogeyman.

yeah, it's true that there are angry Trump-JWs in every SP thread now, but this season really lacked humor, especially in comparison to last season which was great. They were really beating the dead horse with the member berries. The whole trolltrace thing had the potential to be hilarious, but it was all buildup and conflict instead of jokes.

The best scenes this season were the Cartman and Heidi ones, and even those got a little overdone. But I think they realized they fucked up with this season, considering the final episode's name was ''the end of serialization as we know it"

LOL he actually has CTR images on his computer still after Trump BTFO hillshills

anyone else reckon Sup Forums are basically sjws

they've already planted a bomb on Hillary's cunt. They've done a lot with her character in past seasons. Remember that this is also not the first time she has ran for president. It would only make sense to focus on Trump who is as the other user said, a walking caricature

Lol, this is the pathetic liberal's attempt at banter

It's like they just stopped trying to make jokes in later episodes

>This season was a jumbled mess of dropped plot points and bad sociopolitical commentary
They also just didn't spend enough time being funny

Just making fun of middle-aged white dudes having nostalgia to make America great again...like in the 1970s or 1980s.

Last time we saw them (aside from briefly being in the Oval office when Garrison sits down) the old 1930s gangster member berry was saying "member the stormtroopers?" "I member" "No, not them, the original stormtroopers", part of the Nazi war machine.

Whether they were trying to make fun of star wars stormtroopers being remembered fondly, or suggesting more sinister things about Trump supporters, we shall see.

>Waaaaaah are they making fun of Trump

the only difference is that Sup Forums are males and sjws are mostly females and gays. They're polar opposites in ideology, but have the exact same level of autism and sexual frustration

this. this is the main problem. I didn't entirely hate the season but this is true, it was mediocre.

probably the latter since they're in the oval office now

That's a decent point but it still comes off as them joining the media bandwagon when all they did was attack Trump and how the media ignored Clinton's problems.

And this was during the political race. All jokes are criticisms which in turn can change peoples minds. It was heavily one sided.

I agree with almost all of this except:

>The amy schumer joke worked exactly once and even then because she literally did a "muy vaiiinnna" joke like the very next night

I enjoyed them muh vagina'ing for multiple episodes. Although the message is ruined when you lay a huge turd of a season with no funny jokes yourself.

>he doesn't realize magazines write issues for both possible outcomes so they can send them out as soon as possible
wow,,,,,,,, it's like im on reddit or something,,,,,,

This went to press though.

It makes fun of Drumpft so it's good xD :)

Translation: they made fun of your meme president and it triggered you superbad.
Protip: they make fun of everything, you fat joke.

>I don't care who they mock or parody
Of course you do, you just stated it in the very first sentence. You're actually mad about South Park making fun of someone famous. Let that sink in for a minute.

Seriously, just because you voted for the guy it doesn't mean you have to become a fucking sycophant.

>tfw I haven't watched this show in years, for some reason I just got put off, can't describe it accurately
>tfw heard all about this season by friends
>tfw I voted for trump
>tfw I might watch it out of curiosity
ok, Sup Forums, is this season worth it? or am I just wasting time on a zombie tv show that peaked ages ago?

season 1-2 were pretty good

F

you sound angry

What are you talking about? South Park is clever and funny, can't forget how smart and funny it is.

they did make email jokes and even Clinton personally called Gerald. But the truth is, Matt and Trey think Trump is a joke and they never thought he would win. This shouldn't affect how you much you enjoy the show though.

>decent
well keep the decent coming!
good lord

who are you quoting

asking unironically but also 5

it wasn't perfect but it wasn't absolute shit that deserves to be cancelled like you Trumptards are making it seem

no he doesn't

>destroyed
hmm still seems to be there, and still #1

>literally foaming at the mouth
>U-U-U TRIGERED LIBRUL
you trumpshits couldn't be more butthurt lmao

I really doubt they wrote, animated and voiced an entire new storyline in a few days.

friendly reminder that only libcucks enjoy South Park and true patricians understand that Sam Hyde will be remembered as a Pablo Picasso of contemporary comedy

>every season was a jumbled mess of dropped plot points and bad sociopolitical commentary

Fixed. Shit always sucked, you just stopped being 12.

If anything South Park related post 2006 has made you giggle, let alone laugh, you have lost all control of your life.

>e race was definitly too close
it wasn't if you were paying attention

hillary couldn't even draw 100 people to most events. her livestreams were only hittin 1000. there was very little enthusiasm for her

t. Cartman

it wouldn't be the first time they do that. They had probably brainstormed the whole plot and had Hillary's victory be a key part of it

tampons and cervixes amiright

it was pure propaganda
the editor for newsweek admitted they fucked up bigly with this

reckon you're mad

>if anything South Park related post retarded le kenny died and fart jokes has made you giggle, let alone laugh, you have lost all control of your life
Tell me more about your superior sense of humor you stupid faggot

more actual people voted for hillary though?

the worst part is that this is they second time they got BTFO'd by election polling
they pitched a sitcom about the president in the white house in 2000 expecting al gore to win and had to change it to george w bush after the election