Just saw The Thing, 2011 version but i don't know if it was bad or good, what do you guys think of it

Just saw The Thing, 2011 version but i don't know if it was bad or good, what do you guys think of it.
inb4 the original was better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3kk58TK0c6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the original was better.

continued: The 2011 movie starts on a really stupid note, goes through the motions without producing anything remotely interesting or thought provoking, and then ends on a stupid note.

when we say the original do we mean the original or the original remake as opposed to the original remake remake

Original was better. 2011 could of been something but they fucked it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=3kk58TK0c6I

saying the original is better is obvious, of course its better, thats an unfair standard

on its own its fine

we're referring to the 1982 version

1982 version

I thought MEW and the CGI were great, but there's no suspense in the 2011 which was a shame and why the Kurt Russell one is a lot better.

Carpenter's The Thing is the best version, but the 2011 film isn't half as bad as people say it is.

This is the best.

1982 is better than 2011. If you watch 2011 its fine on its own, nothing is necessarily lost in translation. It's just that 1982 set the precedent, which arguably makes it superior in terms of telling the story.

2011 prequel was a shit show. Even if they kept those piratical effects, which did look amazing, this movie still would have been terrible.

How do you watch a movie and then have no opinion on it?

Think for yourself, you fucking retard

I thought was lacking, as said, it started pretty bad, and ended like crap i wanted a continuation directly, the whole ship thing was bad.

it was nowhere near the original

The Thing From Another World - 8/10
John Carpenter's The Thing - 10/10
The Thing (2011) - 5/10

The original is a surprisingly good 50s sci-fi flick, Carpenter's version is a masterpiece that has incredible atmosphere, suspense and special effects, the prequel is pretty meh. The prequel desperately tries to recapture the atmosphere and suspense of Carpenter's version but fails. I loved how in the original the alien was crafty and only attacked when it was either alone with someone or provoked, in the prequel there are a bunch of times where the alien acts completely illogical and runs around like a big dumb idiot. Plus the special effects in the prequel are shit CGI. Granted, practical effects wouldn't have made the film great but it definitely would've improved it. Fuck the studio hacks who said "let's listen to the retarded test audiences and CG this shit up!"

Almost forgot to mention the prequel steals way too much from Carpenter's version. It's slavishly devoted to Carpenter's version but ironically it doesn't understand what made that film suspenseful.

Was that supposed to be funny?

Didn't they forget nights last 6 months? Shit movie.

That's not the original, dumbplebs.

oh yeah the ship could have been used a lot better, it's not a good movie but mew is a qt and I liked the fx, it's a bit like alien and aliens, on a much lesser scale ofc

I thought it was decent, but watching the videos showcasing the beautiful practical effects that were covered up by CG pissed me off