Tfw no Band of Brothers-esque series about the Eastern Front, Warsaw Uprising, Yugoslav partisans...

>tfw no Band of Brothers-esque series about the Eastern Front, Warsaw Uprising, Yugoslav partisans, Brits in North Africa, Aussies in Singapore, etc.

Why don't you lazy cunts make some good military history biopic shows? I've run out of American content to watch and want to see things from other countries' points of view anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_(film_series)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Simoom
youtube.com/watch?v=6jZhJ9yGSZw
youtube.com/watch?v=-QDnB6dMAb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he needs movies to learn about other countries' military history
American education.

>implying things without evidence
Brazilian logic.

I'm reading a book called SPQR about the Roman Republic/Empire and The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard Evans. Books and shows/movies serve different purposes and consuming one doesn't mean you can't consume the other.

I am not very into war movies, but the 2015 remake of 'Dawns here are quiet' was pretty good for my shit taste. Still have no idea how much money did the pay Colin Farrell to learn russian.

I'll try to find a download with subs, thanks.

Soviets made something like that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_(film_series)

Oh yea, your thread made me remember the movie i wanted to watch. 'Come and see' it's called. Reviews say it's very scary, i am afraid now

I've seen the original. Is that guy in the pic supposed to be the old guy from the first movie?

>what is generation war
at least do a minutes worth of searching before making a thread

Yeah, Come and see is a 10/10 movie. But it does have some gruesome scenes, it's basically a "was is hell" movie.

I've had that in my downloads folder for a while now but haven't watched it yet for the reason you said. I heard it's very depressing and I haven't quite worked myself up to watch it yet. I've heard it's very good though, so I still look forward to it.

Already saw it, didn't like it very much except for the parts with the two brothers. They should have spent more time on them rather than on that slut who was fucking the jew and the SS commander.
>that scene where the jew friend rides up to them on the street on his bike and shouts SHALOM to them in public in 1941

>"was is hell" movie.
I meant to say "war is hell"

Ok i am not sleeping tonight

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Simoom

youtube.com/watch?v=6jZhJ9yGSZw

Germany has
>Unsere mütter unsere Väter
Literally band of brothers in Germany. It's mostly in the eastern front as well. So win, win

Tbh uk wouldn't be that interesting as a "standard military film"
Films about commandos and SAS on the other hand are and two are in the works
One on the damaging of the Bismarck by commandos and another about the SAS in Algiria and how they often got into sword fights with the locals that were sympathetic with the nazis

Generation War?

see

"we dindu nuffin we wux gut boiz"

This

wow sure i'd like to watch a movie about the defeated french who surrendered to the germans this sure would be interesting

also OP your a faggot if you can't just open wikipedia and search history shit by yourself

>not wanting to watch a movie full of harden manly French men fighting for what's right and France

Faggot

>harden manly French men fighting for what's right and France
>in fucking WW2
404 not found

also picture in cringy and gay
>lol le ebin ghost mask xdd

>not wanting to watch a movie full of harden manly French men fighting for what's right and France

Well Nolan's Dunkirk is supposed to show that. I hope.

It has them forcing farmers to walk through minefields.

Not exactly dindunuffin

youtube.com/watch?v=-QDnB6dMAb0

frogs made quite an intriguing documentary of their mali campaign

>Liberation
>Soviet war movies in general
>Soviet movies in general
that shit is painful to watch tbhfam

they should make a lgbt love film set in ww2 :3

le ebin white nationalist poster xDDDDD
praise kek shadilay my fellow pedes!

>"All is permitted" (in love and war)
>a russian prisoner of war is admitted/forced into one of the foreign concription regiments of the german warmachine
>is sent into eastern front to face his countrymen
>after gruesome war scene is wounded, by a fluke is sent into german hospital
>manages to fake his nationality (having PTSD and shakes help), assumes an identity of an german soldier that died into his hands
>the patient in the next bed is a handsome bloke acted by some famous actor
>in the weeks that follows they get to know each other better, first by chess, then by discussions as the russians german gets better
>the bloke learns the truth
>after some internal conflict manages to accept it and keep it a secret, this deepens their relationship
>some erotic scene follows, possibly on hospital roof on starry night
>the gf of the soldier that the ruskie is pretending as comes to visit
>ruskie narrowly manages to escape thanks to the bloke
>ruskie is hiding on the countryside, bloke is facing court martial for his interference
>in the middle of the trial allied bomb raid hits the compound
>bloke is killed
>the ruskie sees his dead body after he runs to the scene
>cries
>camera pans out, soviet army is in the horizon
>roll credits

After the farmers got them to walk though a minefield

Would unironicly watch
Red army in the background gave me feels desu that impeding doom that is so ironic

>One on the damaging of the Bismarck by commandos and another about the SAS in Algiria and how they often got into sword fights with the locals that were sympathetic with the nazis
Those sound really interesting, certainly more so than Nolan's Dunkirk. What are they called?

is right, Frenchies fought so that Britain could survive to fight the dirty krauts another day

bump

not biopics, but BBCs The Great War (1964) and Ken Burns WW2 are absolute historical kino

watch them immediately if you haven't already

>>Yugoslav partisans

There are shows, but fuck those pieces of shit.

>BBCs The Great War (1964)
Thanks based user. Is that one like The World at War?

I don't think Nolan is going for a standard war film with Dunkirk, the film will be purposely not showing any Germans at all. I think it's more of a tale of survival focused on individual soldiers, the ships and the RAF. Whether there'll be any French in it at all I don't know.

The older Pole I worked with said Soviet and Early post war Polish movies about WW2 were just fairytale bullshit with everyone coming home happy and healthy and being given flowers. He said it was complete bullshit because everyone knew people who died, had horrific injuries, we're detained and beaten by the secret police or just never came back after saying something that didn't tow the party line. He said that's why Polanski was so important to Polish cinema because he was creating bullshit propaganda.

It doesn't have happy endings.

But there are several modern dramas made by Russians.

According to IMDb there are French soldiers listed, but I've read there won't be any Germans in it.

The scary shit is based off the Dirlewanger Brigade in Belarus. Fucking hell Oskar Dirlewanger was the most evil guy during that whole war