Reading Festival 2018

Reading Festival's first lineup announcement isn't far away now, I've heard it's on the 8th January but it certainly will be not long into the new year.
Who does Sup Forums want to see on the lineup this year? I heavily regret not going a couple of years back to see Foals play, so it would be great if they came back.

Other urls found in this thread:

oldtickethall.co.uk/event-list/all-events/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Green day , blink 182, slipknot

There's usually someone along those lines.
The dream would be to see a big electronic group like Depeche Mode or The Human League but I guess that's what Henley Rewind is for lol

Nghfb , msp, Travis

LOL also. There's not much difference as the large festivals are reunion and legacy acts. If we went to a small festival and saw macdemarco headline that would be more cutting edge than anything reading or Glastonbury can cope with.

Coldplay, Jay-Z, stereophonics

St Vincent, Tupac, blur

Neil Young, Kate Bush, artic monkeys

FOO FIGHTERS
but in reality it'll be some shit xan rapper

Kanye

Snoop dog, U2, Prodigy

nothing like getting off your face on bezzle at leeds fest

Keane, mega city five, The beautiful south

Stop me.

Iggy Pop, rhcp, beck

Marilyn Manson, Electric Wizard, Robert Plant

Agreed on Keane, I miss them being a big name.

I've never been to a festival but I live in Reading now. Is it worth it?

Not at the moment, you'd do better searching out small gigs it's where all the fun is.

I live between Reading and Basingstoke. I've never been to Reading personally due to a range of circumstances over the last 3 years but just about all my friends have been and keep going back. It's a genuinely fun weekend. The range of genres grows each year and even if it isn't to your taste you can still "get high off your face on bezzle," as a previous user said.
I'm desperate to finally go this year, it's shocking that I haven't already to be honest. I'm just waiting for the lineup first because it does matter to an extent.

I always find that London is ultimately too far, especially at short notice, is there any stuff a bit closer to home that you could recommend?

I guess I'll see if my mates are into it because drongs are no fun on your own

I'm older than you perhaps, I've done it before , it doesn't seem very appetising now

Thursdays at the Facebar are pretty good in Reading, a few of my mates are in bands that perform there every so often.

On a different note, if anyone has been to both Reading and Leeds I'd be interested to know which is better? Could possibly be going to either this year.

>London is ultimately too far, especially at short notice, is there any stuff a bit closer to hom
Um, well you need to do the detective work really . Follow team music press and venues that are driveable to. Oxford? Windsor?

oldtickethall.co.uk/event-list/all-events/

If you follow it closely eventually the lemon twiggs or kodak black might turn up at your local

Reading is better, there never used to be a Leeds festival.

Björk, Pearl Jam, The Who

Death Grips, Radiohead, Echo and the bunnymen

New Order, Roger Waters, Black eyed peas

Slayer, Super fury animals, my chemical romance

Burzum, NWA, Neil Young

Drake agrees, never even bothered going to Leeds.

Drake! Now that's a possibility. Leeds is one 9f the UK search greatest cities, it's totally brilliant , I love it there. Just the festival isn't as good as reading, which is a dump maybe that's why

I like Leeds as a city (Christmas market is great), but being from Reading I'll have to side with our festival I'm afraid.

That's mainly no cameras are at Leeds so that will scare pop master Drake away.

the food court is amazing at xmas time

Sub89 will be where you can catch most of the good shit, but it's fleeting.

Seen Reef and Idlewild there. Reef were surprisngly excellent.

Dinosaur JR play there fairly often,and Jesus and Mary Chain were there this year too.

Failing that, smaller venues like Oakford Social Club and Purple Turtle play local shit, but might surprise at times. For instance, Mike Joyce has DJed at Oakford during the festival, and I saw DZ Deathrays doing a free gig at Purps Turts.

T. East Berkshire cunt.

Adding The Cribs are there in January and Shonen Knife are playing soon.

Would be nice to see Boris there, but they seem to exclusively play in Camden, at least they did the last 2 times I saw them.

Fuck the festival see? Shonen knife! Brilliant! And I hate xxxxx xxxxxxx radio show.

Hey, I did the Festival 3 times, with 2008 being the best. But the line ups have been spectacularly shit for the past couple of years, and I'm not 16 anymore, so it's not really on my radar any more.

Me either, they can all commit suicide.

only if you want to finger a 16 year old that has just finished her GCSE's. Reading is good until you turn 18, going after you turn 18 feels just creepy and weird. (I went when I was 19 for work and felt uncomfortable) I've been 4 times now

If electric wizard headlined I'd go.

Can vouch, went 2007-09, ages 16-18. Fucking blast, but older than that, and the degredation in the line ups, it's just not the same. Unless you're in that age bubble.

Better off hoping for a better Desertfest next year. Although they'll probably do Roundhouse

>Desertfest next year. Althoug
Yeah, I always busy tickets then don't have the money to pay train fare and beer. Plus apparently there's a fatwah on me in London because of rap music or what-have-you and Islam and don't be good at things :/

Bloody black people :/

It's ight', Field Day is better tho.

The 1975, Smashing Pumpkins, Paul McCartney