What is the most generic/boring instrument?

What is the most generic/boring instrument?
and why is it guitar?

>not the bass

>not the drums

No instrument is generic or boring if used right.

>not the kazoo

yup guitar is the most played generic instrument

Really? You know more people who play the drums?

It's piano

Please do not post this again I've been playing for three years and i'm starting to regret it because of Sup Forums bullying.

Being generic or boring doesn't really have anything to do with the number of people who play it

Yeah, it kinda does tho. Everyone has a fucking guitar

But almost nobody plays anything interesting with it. Sure, some fag playing blues licks to a 12 bar is generic and boring, but there's guitar players out there that do way more with the instrument.

name one

robert fripp

Literally any jazz or classical guitarist

all those magnificent instruments to chose from
>everyone plays guitar
this is why spain shouldn't exist

>But almost nobody plays anything interesting with it.
Go listen to actual jazz drummers like Buddy Rich and Jack DeJohnette and tell me they aren't interesting, and there's many more like them.

I was talking about guitar, but the same applies to drums, there are some amazing drummers but most of them aren't. I'm a big fan of Bill Bruford in his post-Yes career where he had more creative freedom.

Honestly the guitar is one of the most interesting instruments. It has virtually no range but is so versatile that you can make basically any kind of music you please with it. This makes it very interesting.
Sometimes the most mainstream option isn't always the worst.

This. It's so static.
>no bending notes
>sound can't change
>doesn't blend very well with a lot of genres
>no modulation
>etc
yuck

what are piano pedals
>pls go back to playing 4 chord guitar

>Sup Forums affecting your opinions

I can’t tell if you’re baiting or just a huge fagget.

The Guitar is literally the best instrument ever made, you autist. How could it be boring if it was the center point of music history for 40 years. The only instrument that comes close is the synthesizer.

Have you heard about the triangle ?

I agree that acoustic guitar is boring. It mostly just exists for vocal accompaniment.

But electric guitar has endless possibilities. There's a reason it became the centerpiece of modern popular music.

This. There are lots of specific cool enough things using a guitar and getting it to sound imteresting, like some funk stabs, dub bubblings or soul licks, but it's just a detail here or there. When you see people trying to use it as a more prominent instrument, it gets tired incredibly fast. But then you listen Fripp doing it and just can't believe how incompetent those other guys are.
Besides in the hands of Fripp, Zappa, and a handfull of others, guitar is the single instrument that mostly can render an album something I may like but won't listen very often otherwise I won't stand it quite soon.
So 100% agreeing with OP.

That's gypsy degeneracy that Central and Souther Spain bought into. Don't put us Northerners into this, we have the bagpipe and very percussion driven music. And the Catalonyans have poliphonic group chanting.
Also lots of harps.