Fuck Devin Townsend

This guy is the worst fucking showman I have ever seen in my entire life
>comes on stage smiling like he's David Cross
>holds ridiculous forced smile throughout the entire first 7 minute song
>"haha wow isn't it so weird that Christmas was only two days ago? Sorry I'm just super self aware"
>"whoa dude you were just at home with your family and now you're playing a guitar solo LOL!"
>"Hi I'm Devin and I'm super awkward!"
>"The awkwardness continues with a song about a farting ballsack!"
>"What'd I get for Christmas? Coupons for blowjobs from my wife!"
>more forced, completely inauthentic smiles
>actually has a decent voice but covers it in effects 95% of the time.
>the effects/backtrack is more impressive than the notes he's singing most of the time
>he never introduces the band, never once even interacts with them
>only time he even references them existing is when he is trying to make the crowd laugh
>entire show has the feel of "haha don't you love this so much? Don't you love me so much? Because if not I'll do something else!"
I was thinking to myself the "this is reddit, this is memes" pasta unironically from the moment he stepped on stage last night. No I had never heard his music before and no I will not listen to him ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4EnztwVoyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

u jus dont get it

Ocean Machine is great but I relate with this post about Devin and his fanbase

this sounds like the opposite of devin as i know him
i've only seen him once to be fair but basically for the first half of the show he was really sincerely apologizing to everyone because he thought his performance on the first couple of songs was lackluster even though probably no one in the crowd (including myself) noticed anything wrong, and then even after the show he was apologizing because he was dealing with fatigue from interviews and shit and he thought he did a really shitty job that night and disappointed the fans
as far as "lul redit memes xD" go, the farthest he went in that direction was a joke that i don't totally remember but it was something involving batman and having a small dick
really his on-stage persona seems like that class-clown type that cracks dumb jokes to try and get by and not be isolated from everyone else while hiding his own inner insecurity or something like that

>No I had never heard his music before and no I will not listen to him ever again
You should just give this one a try
youtube.com/watch?v=w4EnztwVoyw

Maybe he had a manager or something tell him that he should show more confidence or something. Or maybe he read an article saying he was a pussy, Kind of funny.

That still sounds kinda bad desu

that show was only a year ago so i'd be surprised if he changed his character that much since then

well i don't mean to say the whole show was defined by the dude apologizing a lot. i just emphasized it as a contrast to the inauthentic and "yeah im hot shit and i know it" attitude that op saw in him during the show they saw

>Has to acknowledge the band
Why though? I don't give a shit. If I liked DTP already I'd know who was in the band. Just play The fucking music already. I don't even really like devins music that much either but all the shit you're complaining about seems really innocuous.

Ocean Machine and Infinity are awesome but yeah his sense of humor is stupid as hell

He's trying to get away from his 90s persona which was all mopey and pissed-off. He knows it's a little silly to be a tubby 40+ year-old dad playing metal and he's leaning a little too hard into it so no one can criticize him for taking himself too seriously

Plus he stopped drinking and smoking and eating meat so he's overcompensating for that too "See? We can all have a good time drinking coffee and eating oatmeal!"

what? your show experience shows the exact same persona as my show experience does in the OP. Being overly apologetic for fucking nothing is just him trying to get as many people to like him as possible. It's completely insincere. And especially if he's talking about the performance of the band apart from himself, he's doing it as an insult to them

he is the epitome of the redditor. he is a 15 year old trapped in the body of a 45 year old.

I dont even think it would be a change of character. Just him performing for money.

I don't see what's so special about this

I don't believe that he would sell out like that. Sure, currently he is trying to raise money for his moth project that's why hes doing all that touring and all.

But he had opportunities to make shit pop songs to get rich fast and he actually paid money so that the song he wrote with the Pop Professionals doesn't get released. because he hated it.

I do believe that he hates all the touring right now, maybe that's why he behaved like that.

There is no reason for you to separate those three sentences. Stop with your retarded reddit spacing ty.

I cant name one Canadian artist I like. Fuck Canada, you guys manage to shit up every music scene.

areyouseriouslytryingtotriggermebecauseiseparatedmysentences?

what

are

you

on

about?

You have to go back

Jesus fuck. You type like my 16 year old brother.

so guys, if you h8 devin what are you listening to? just curious

are you trying to insult me? well try harder. what kind of response is that?