Portuguese university students get to dress like witches and wizards from Hogwarts

>Portuguese university students get to dress like witches and wizards from Hogwarts

How can other countries even compete?!

>Portuguese university

Fits with their imaginary careers after their graduation

CRINGE!

>praxe

Stop posting hot southern european girls that should be bleached, it makes my pee pee hard.

Spain invented it.

We have jobs. Spain doesn't.

No, it came from priests' gowns.

>button up shit
>vest
>tie
>coat
>thick-ass cape
Very fun under 40º weather.

Why do people in south europe go to university when theres no job?

>tfw yank tier

It's practically free.

I think you might be stupid 2bh

you answered your own question

I hate spain

Looks fun to wear but even in Port it would surely be unbearable during the summer.

I hate spain

It's only really worn in Coimbra. The rest of the cities each have their own cuts (with Porto and Lisbon being the same as Coimbra), which are nice, but rarely worn.

If you walk around Coimbra during the year you always see people wearing it. It's not mandatory except for student-corp meetings and official things like that.

jesus christ how short are you people?! Like 165? It's like looking at a group of midgets, no offense.

In Hungarian we say - a szépségért meg kell szenvedni. It roughly translates to - if you want to be attractive or fashionable, you have to suffer for it.
Basically fashion is famously inconvenient, and sometimes downright painful.
I think those caped clothes look super rad.
>Very fun under 40º weather.
I imagine people and Portuguese explorers wore it on ships traveling the Atlantic ocean first? Or am I wrong?

who's the qt grill

>Or am I wrong?
You are. It has nothing to do with Discoveries or sailing, for once.

Coimbra is the university city (tower at the top in pic related), and has the 10th oldest university in the world (founded in 1290). Most of the Kings/Scholars/Engineers studied here, and most of the students were members of the church, so the uniform evolved from ecclesiastic robes worn in the XVIII century or something.

Imagine wearing that shit in the summer Portuguese heat. Fucking nutters.

The university itself (the old building here, next to the tower) is old as fuck (Built the current layout in the XV century, I think?), and it's also cold as fuck, with thick-ass walls. The cape makes more sense if you have to spend a winter day there.

We don't much build against the cold, as you'd imagine.

You walk down the city during the Queima (graduation party), but you're down to the shirt (rolled up sleeves), vest and tie (around your forehead) and absolutely soaked in beer by the end.

The cape is thick so it actually holds against the heat for a good hour before you start cooking.

Hey just so you know I study in that university and I don't identify myself as an hogwarts wizard , I roleplay as batman not harry potter , this is offensive

We wuz harry potters and shiet

we wuz hermiones grangers and shiet

>girls with vests
This is from a polytechnic institute, not a university. Literal human trash.

What's this one from, with the tricorn hat? Aveiro?

They look great, don't they?

Braga

Ah, that's it.

Shame more universities don't use their variants. Some are /fa/ as fuck.

There's one where they look like druids.

Even bigger shame that Lisbon and Porto copied from Coimbra instead of getting their own.

>portuguese university
>all their pupils are br
hHAAHAHAHAHAHAH BLACKED

The Brazilians at our universities are usually fairly rich since there's no student exchange program, and actually pretty smart.

The African ones are dumb as bricks, though, as you'd expect.

Best one.

Pretty.

Stolen bullshit. Also, she has a vest, kek. Fucking trash. Women don't wear vests, only the men do.

Pretty awesome. Portugal is criminally underappreciated.

Do you carry at least a bat shaped pin on your clothes? Or necklace?

I see at least one Weasley there too. Hey, maybe they're Gryffindors :D

That soooo looks like witch's hats. How did Spaniards did not go inquisition on your asses?
But seriously. It looks very traditional, like, from a different age. It's very nice.

oi vey

Asi que ustedes son responsables de las "Tunas"... ¡LOS MALDIGO A TODOS!

Those are literally Inquisition-style hats, funnily enough. Also, we had inquisition as well. About as strict as theirs, even. Christianity is the one thing where Iberia agreed.

From Portugal's wild west. Aka, the middle of the country.

2nd best one.

Shitty one, desu.

Last one

don't the brits also have it?

Not the capes. Only sweater-vests and trousers.

The capes are the absolute best part, though.

No.You're missing the best one from vila real

Yes there is a tower in the university I climb it and I go full vigilante mode ,everyone´s larping as harry potter doe

tbqh all of these look ridiculously fashionable, I have a hard time picking one as my favorite. I love it that you guys decided to preserve your history, even if just a small part. It's like peeking through the curtain of time. Wish more European countries did this.

>they even have a tower for vigilantism

Sounds like tons of fun. I'm jelly.