DragonBall: Evolution

>DragonBall: Evolution

How was this movie? How close does it line up the the anime's lore and mythology?

Is it underrated?

it's not bad.
movie's reputation was ruined by autistic nerds' hyperbole

Sure as shit better than the generic autist garbage from chinkland.

What do you mean?

I wish it contained in it the portion of the saga where Goku and Captain Ginyu switch bodies, that was probably the neatest part of the story, that and Frieza himself. The only question who would play Ginyu and Lord Frieza?

Whoever plays Ginyu would have to have good synergy with Goku actor Justin Chatwin since they would have to pretend to be in each other's bodies.

why?

No, it is objectively awful. It fails on every level from direction, screenwriting, pacing, characterization, acting, even delivering base level fan service. It does not work as an action film, or an adventure film, or a comedy, or a drama, or an adaptation of a previously established franchise. It is abysmal in every sense of the word and that is not hyperbole.

All that said, I have seen it about ten times and it's one of my favorite terrible flicks to subject friends and family members to. I can quote the majority of it and in the film's defense, the guy that played Piccolo committed like a motherfucker.

You have to be more specific than that. And wasn't the acting great?

It's pure shit.
Even if you don't give a single fuck about the anime and know nothing of it, on it's own it's still a garbage fucking movie.

dragonball is a cartoon
not an "anime"

What's the difference?

Arguably the worst anime adaptation ever made. GIS is going to have to work hard to suck worse than this.

DRAGON BALL IS NOT A FUCKING ANIME
KK?

>Muh backwards chink comics

The director said pre-release that he was basing it on the DBZ anime. As in not the manga.

My statement is correct.

it is a CARTOON

You never answered my question on what the difference was so I'm inclined to believe you will never give one and are only posting the same thing because you find it funny.

Reminder that the sole writer for this fuckfest is a fat nigger wearing a fedora in his IMDB photo.

A cartoon based of a manga is commonly called an anime.

There is no way he didn't BLACK Chi Chi for her role.

>How was this movie?
Awful

>How close does it line up with the anime's lore and mythology?
Not even a little. In fact it seemed like they were fucking it all up on purpose just to fuck with you.

>Is it underrated?
This is literally not possible.

I thought it was very well cast, and they did some things right, but they were afraid to fully commit to the absurdity of the source material, and that's ultimately why it failed. Had it been made today, after the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, they might've felt more confident doing something more fanastical.

The best thing that came from this bombing is weekly Emmy Rossum tits on Shameless. Imagine if this became a big franchise and she never ended up getting them out?

It's really bad.

This, but I feel that one other crucial mistake was made: they based the movienon the wrong arc.

IMO this should have been a movie about the Saying saga, that started just as DBZ did and lead up to, and through, the fight with Raditz.

However, as you said, they didn't have faith in the source material and they would have ruine it anway.

They need to start from the beginning. With kid Goku meeting Bulma. Starting from the Saiyan Saga makes zero sense.

>goku is in high school
>goku shows interest in anything but food and fighting
>roshi is just chow yun fat in a t-shirt
>oolong, krillin, other major DB characters are flat out missing but fucking yamcha is there
>mai is there but pilaf and shu aren't, also now she's just piccolo's sidekick

every decision they made was the wrong one

I think that's actually one of the smarter things they did. It's tempting to jump right into Z, but to do a proper film verse they needed to have Piccolo as a villain first.

Fuck sense. Most American and Europoor kids were introduced to DB through Z.

>white goku

just awful

Goku is an alien from a monkey planet, not a gook.

not sure if serious, or just retarded

>black hair
>black eyes
>chill personality

he's obviously Asian

The whole movie is a cringe compilation

He's literally an alien, this is not debatable.

>Asian
>chill

Literally the most uptight people on the planet.

goku was passable but the modern time period shit ruined it
piccolo tried REALLY HARD and comes off as a generic cheesy villain, i suppose you can consider his acting good if that was what he was going for
everyone else is pure dogshit

Did you even watch the movie

Please tell me you're joking. You can't be this retarded right?

I thought Goku was spot on.

I want to see a sequel with Zamasu and Black Goku in it.

Why are directors so bad at translating video games and animes into movies? It's like they go into the project thinking, how can I possibly fuck this up the most, piss off millions of fans, and stray as far as possible from the script.

Even though Silent Hill strayed a bit I think they did the best in keeping true to the saga, every other video game or anime movie is so loosely based it only shares in title for example Resident Evil and this.

>goku was passable
They got everything about his character wrong. He was going to school and wasn't interested in fighting. And he wasn't a fighting genius and was interested in girls.

It's literally the exact opposite of his core character trait. In fact, Goku's whole persona can be summed up as, "Only cares about fighting."

Fighting is the only fucking thing he ever does. So much so he neglects his wife and his kids and heals his enemies so he can fight them more.

Goku never went to school. Unless you count when Roshi forced him to read romance novels for a few months while training for the first world martial arts tournament and then never again.

Is there anything you enjoyed about the movie?

I liked when it was over.

I meant in the actual movie itself? Was there any moment you smiled or felt excited or joy?

You don't watch many movies, do you?

i thought Bulma was supposed to be attractive?

The story & the casts are dull ... if they fix the way cast in this particular material, it would've been much watchable.

You have to admit, it's better than Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas. Wouldn't you rather see Dragonball 12 times in a row than sit through one showing of Saving Christmas?

They should have cast Judi Dench as Bulma.

it's the funniest "so bad it's good" movie i've ever seen

Autism right here

I somehow ended up watching this at the cinema 3 times. It wasn't even that good

there was a moment during the movie where i dozed off or started daydreaming about a time when i was happier in life. i dont know what specific moment in the movie triggered this but

How is that autism?

The best scene is where "Goku" tries to gel his hair down and it springs back up again kek kek xDD

How did you manage that?

You were that bored? Maybe you can watch it again and it will make you remember which moment it was?

>implying anybody itt even watch this garbage

>You were that bored? Maybe you can watch it again and it will make you remember which moment it was?

please dont make me do that

This movie is quite possibly the single worst movie ever to receive a major release through a major studio.

It fails to do justice to the source material, and fails as a movie in terms of everything.

The only thing I can think of that is of equal failure is Street Fighter Legend of Chun Li.

I'm not sure. The first time was obviously just natural curiosity. I'd loved DBZ as a kid, and wanted to see it on the big screen.

Second time, my flatmate at the time worked at the movie theater and got us free tickets. We had a day off from university and went to see it with free tickets.

Third time, my girlfriend at the time wanted to see it. I wanted to fuck her, so I took her to see it

I can't believe I watched it three times

>my girlfriend at the time wanted to see it
what fucking girl wants to go see that movie at the theater? Why do you need to take her to a movie in order to fuck her if shes already your girlfriend? why wouldnt you suggest something else knowing how bad it was and already having seen it twice?

post a pic of what she looks like cause i dont believe you.

We're not together anymore, which is why I said "girlfriend at the time". I don't have any pictures of her, because when we broke up, I deleted anything of her. I'm sorry, I can't prove it, but that's my story. Believe it or not.

Also we met at my universities anime society. So that's the kind of girl she was

What about the last airbender?

It's even worse than the last airbender

And that's a feat

did you end up fucking after the movie

did you make sure to say lines from the movie while you fucked

Why not go for four just so you can add to the list an anonymous user on Sup Forums told me to.

We didn't fuck DIRECTLY after the movie, but maybe a week or two after it. I didn't quote the movie. Maybe if I did we'd still be together

I liked the last airbender!

Why?

It is much worse than the last airbender. Dragonball Evolution is a fucking joke of a movie.

Wow, I didn't know you were such a big fan of dick.

Your post, the one I'm responding to, IS Autism.

There is nothing, NOTHING, more autistic than asking how is it autism when it's obvious to anyone normal that it is.

Yamcha was spot on acting. Not sure why they gave him blonde fucking hair.

It makes me feel good, warm and fuzzy inside.

Well I AM gay. And no I'm not joking. I do love cock.

still better than that teamfourstar crap

That movie was an absolute joke and an insult to the fans

>Well I AM gay. And no I'm not joking. I do love cock.
Every male is gay. If you masturbate, then you are gay - hetero male does not milk cocks.

Its called Dragon Ball not Dragon Ball Z

not even just an insult to fans, an insult to anyone who watches movies.

>post yfw Goku yells Kamehameha and just takes off flying and punches a hole through Piccolo

That was beyond retarded. I actually felt a bit of hype when he began the Kamehameha, but when he took off... Goddammit

but its true
this is big budged hollywood movie - the latter is youtube-tier crap made by literally neckbeards with juvenile sense of humor and poor editing skills

The design of the dragon balls were neat

This is literally the only positive thing I can say

A budget of 30 million isn't considered "big" for hollywood standards

They would probably turn the movie into anti-alt right propaganda

its still bigger than bunch of nobodies from crapville, ohio or whatever the fuck teamfaggotstar are from

ZAMASU
A
M
A
S
U

There are little things I like about it like the moment where Goku is trying to slick his hair back with gel and his hair spits the gel out.
On the whole its a terrible failure but there are moments where you can see the potential it had if it were handled by people who actually gave a shit instead of a studio looking for a cheap cash grab.

I personally liked it better than the anime.

It's one of the few movies I watched that made me pity all the actors for having their careers ruined. The only other movie that made me feel like this is The Last Airbender.

First the face on the left, then the face on the right.

What was Emmy Rossum doing in this bullshit movie.

How the fuck the movie wasn't nominated to any golden raspberry category?

Black Goku isn't actually Black, He's just Zamasu in Goku's body. And it actually made for a neat storyline. Zamasu as a character is interesting, but I've always been drawn to those with God complexes who start to question existence itself, ya know people like Kefka and Kuja.

Zamasu BFFing himself was my new favourite thing in Dragon Ball

The movie Boat Trip pretty much decimated Cuba Gooding Jr.'s career.

Zack Snyder live action DBZ movie when

Well he was a new person, not just physically but mentally and personality wise as well he became a mirror image of Goku representing the very opposite of Goku, sort of like Dark Link. So in a way he also changed his personality by switching bodies, becoming a whole new being, thus goku Black.

Although I don't quite understand why when Captain Ginyu took Goku's body his personality didn't change at all, he wasn't able to do shit with Goku's body, unlike Zamasu who became like a God, and why he still was called Ginyu while Zamasu in Goku's body isn't called Zamasu but Black goku.

>Although I don't quite understand why when Captain Ginyu took Goku's body his personality didn't change at all, he wasn't able to do shit with Goku's body, unlike Zamasu who became like a God, and why he still was called Ginyu while Zamasu in Goku's body isn't called Zamasu but Black goku.

Changing bodies is like changing clothes to Ginyu, he got used to it