Budget of £1Squillion pounds

>Budget of £1Squillion pounds
>Lets make James (the best character) into a buffoon
>Lets repeat the same joke over and over and over and over and over and over

Fucksake, I am very disappointed with the quality of The Grand Tour. I had big hopes that once they broke free of the PC shackles of the BBC they would make amazing episodes.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/09/the-grand-tour-everything-that-was-wrong-with-clarkson-era-top-gear
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And all they needed to do was go to a different country each week and each pick a shit car. And do the odd track test every now and then.

But no. Cars made out of meat, seal team assaults and shit nobody cares about. Fuck's sake.

its appealing to the american market, which is a mistake desu. I imagine Amazon don't see the majority of lads in UK watching it to be enough

This "appealing to the american market" is a really shit excuse. TG usa "appealed to the american market" and nobody gave 2 shits about it.

I think it will smoothen over time.
Needs more James tho.
And more caravans.

>t. BBC executive
they are /ourguys/ now lad

its a mistake definitely, but the excuse lines up with alot of their behaviour in this show.
>Hammond acting like an unbearable american muscle car buffoon in Italy
They were driving supercars, you just know Hammond would have picked something like a Zonda or Porcshe instead. I know he likes muscle cars but not like this

Eh, Richard's always liked american muscle, it's not unlike "him" to bring one along. It's really him being insufferable that killed that segment. And I don't know any american's going to be too pleased if he thinks that how you appeal to them is having one of them acting completely retarded.

>I had big hopes that once they broke free of the PC shackles
Because Top Gear was so infamously PC, right?

that was the first segment in the show so far where they acted normal

James is best boy.

The rumours about the non compete with BBC must be true

>GT cannot have a "News" Segment
>GT cannot have celebrity interviews (not that anyone liked those

Why the fuck do they also have a 5 to 10 minute in studio segment about utter shit too.

Episode 1 - The RAF vs USAF fake argument with the crowd
Episode 3 - The Romanian in the self driving car
Episode 4 - The Hammond in Le Bumper segment

None of those are funny

same it feels like the worst episodes of TKUG before they got the boot

>Why the fuck do they also have a 5 to 10 minute in studio segment about utter shit too.
basically a fuck you to the BBC

>Why the fuck do they also have a 5 to 10 minute in studio segment about utter shit too.
I guess they have to give something to the crowd there.

on another note, its no surprise the episodes made in Whitby have much improved. Hopefully theyre somewhere else in the UK next episode

i agree they have improved but they need to tweak the show and stop making james into the idiot

>Cars made out of meat
Nah, that was cool
>seal team assaults
Eh, you might have a point there.

No, the major fucking problem is the repeated joke of celebrities dying. Seriously, if TGT cannot do a "Famous Star..." segment because of copyright or whatever, then flat do not do it. Do not repeat this very old now joke. Also, the American is kinda annoying, the "Conversation Street" name bugs me for some reason, and the test track is too straight.

>Episode 1 - The RAF vs USAF fake argument with the crowd
>Episode 3 - The Romanian in the self driving car
>Episode 4 - The Hammond in Le Bumper segment
You know I'm looking at those and thinking of celebrity brainshit and thinking "y'know, turns out the Cool Wall wasn't all that bad".

I dont understand why they didn't take the challenge seriously. They could have actually done some serious alternatives. They have been informative when they want (that 4000 people only attempted driving test last year stat was surprising)

The Cool Wall was great right up until the point they started manufacturing drama and bringing in Cherry Pickers to put cars so high up Hammond could never reach them.

Cool Wall happened so infrequently it stayed Fresh and the fact they kept going back to change the rankings of cars was good.

It's always like that. The only one of those challenges I remember that was actually worth anything was them building the Caterham. And that rectangular eco-car. Every time they say they're going to "fix" something it's usually eye-rolling for 20 mins.

>it's a "people pretend Top gear wasn't always 70% stupid, badly scripted shit with good travel specials and the couple good episodes a series" episode

I just dont understand how they can fuck it up when the formula is so easy

Open show
Factual 5 minutes about new cars coming out
Dedicated 10min clip of new super / hypercar / important popular car
Conversation Street about trivial shit for 5 minutes
Either 2 or 3 more segments where they all individually review cars, or 1 long segment where they all review cars competing together like an A4 vs 3 series vs C Class etc on a trip to somwehre in Europe

The show basically writes itself

Pretty much. Old TG UK had no problem getting US fans.

>Do not repeat this very old now joke
Yeah, at most they should have only done it the 1st episode, next ep just make up some shit about how all the deaths have deterred the celebs so they killed the segment for good. There, point made and time saved for other shit,

I guess Im just looking at it with some sort of hope it was like it was between 2007-11

>pretend
God forbid people have different opinion than you. Nope, they're just pretending.

It's shit but damn if the show doesn't look fucking gorgeous. Also the american driver is pretty spot on.

Apologize

>apologising to le FACT man
never

Oh fuck off its been better than the last few seasons of top gear already

They do need to maybe relax a bit on the exaggerated personalities though

They do feel like cartoons of themselves, tho

Wonder how he's doing after that dig from Clarkson on the latest episode

They're friends IRL, probably took it in stride.

Shit GT >>>>> nu-TG

Only speaking for myself here, but I primarily watched Top Gear for were the producers giving these three chucklefucks absolutely unrelenting challenges with restrictions on their cars like it has to be absolute shit and break down every 60 miles, while the three would sabotage each-other.
GT doesn't feel the same and I don't know why.

I dislike the memes.
The meme celebrity meme.
The meme challenges.

Make
>Shitbox challenges.
Highlights of the show are when they drive those cars in terrible conditions. Like Burma, Patagonia etc.

and then have some luxury car road trips or challenges.

These meme challenges and meme segments are pure shit though.

Also LE AMERICAN MAYMAY is the worst meme and part of the show.

>le American may may
>dude cheese
>cars can't corner...lmao
>nascar...lmao
>you're a big guy

>TG usa
The last season of TGUSA was better than this.

It's so bad that I will skip the part in the coming episodes. Pure fucking garbage.

Fucking BBC cucked the boys out of the Stig.

what dig?

Episode 3 was alright, but the rest have sucked

That said this was always the case, it was always stupidly obviously scripted and the only good thing was the specials

>he thinks James is the best one
Don't you have a lawn bowls tournament to get to?

he looked right at the camera and called him a stupid fat ginger faggot

>bloo bloo im a passive aggressive whiner venting my IRL frustrations because im a sad faggot who needs to angrily rant about some trivial bullshit
that show is what we can get, regardless of funding, with the restrictions the previous network painted them into
if you fags dont like the segment that much itll get nixed the next season, they signed up for like 3-4 years

"The American" is the unfunniest shit ever. It's obvious Clarkson hates it. He was the one who came up with "The Stig" after all.

>projecting this hard
just say you hate the american, you fucking idiot
you're probably some euro cuck whining solely because its "the american" and not some turd skin bullshit that you are

>they're too old and lazy to just be lads driving cars
>everything has to be scripted and planned in minute detail

let's hope we get at least 1 good special out of it

I just wish they had made more of The Reassembler before

I like the american. Sure, it's not the stig, but they can't really just use the stig, can they.

We have the boys back. It's better than only having the new top gear bullshit, so just stop whining and enjoy it while it lasts.

James is so based. Everything he does is good

>top gear
>oz and james drinking
>the re-assembler
what is some more may kino?

I've nothing against americans, it's just that the stereotype is flat, unfunny and excruciatingly repetitive.

>X is communist
>Y is communist
>This car is fruity
>Yeehaw, GOD
>Z is communist

Richard's face during that always fucking kills me.

cars of the people
toy stories

I didn't know Sam Raimi was a guest director om GT.

Should be big enough of a hint that the audience is always dead silent during his segments.

I liked what they did with the Top Gear Live replacement after shit hit the fan. They had "The Ben Collins" as the race driver.

Thankfully Grand Tour S2 will likely have The Jenson Button as the tame racing driver.

Infact, Button should be made a presenter. He would be based as fuck.

Cinematography is not as polished as TG tho, what a letdown.

More fool you. They're just boring old twats.

Just put them on shitty cars through Europe. They literally don't need to do anything else from that

Producers have forgotten that the audience doesn't really care about the cars.

Normally, user, habitual users of the word "based" are written off as mentally substandard and having nothing of worth to contribute to a discussion. Fortunately for you you've found one of the subjects in regard to which that's no disadvantage.

These people are hired to appeal to working class morons. What do you want?

To feel specially superior to the other morons, I should think.

>tfw you unironically agree with every word in a guardian article

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/09/the-grand-tour-everything-that-was-wrong-with-clarkson-era-top-gear

holy shit this
so much this
i truly hope they still do this at some point
theyre only 4 episodes in so i still havent given up on it

>millions of various international currencies put in the show
>best filming technologies available short of Cameron's 3d cameras
>year of working on a script by the whole team
>funniest moment so far is a ball of wool rolling down the hill

if it was less obviously scripted and the jokes were written by somebody with a sense of humor slightly above that of an onion
then it might have a chance
but as it stands i agree

As an American-American myself I agree. Communist was good but they're beating it too hard. Where's the grilling? Where are the hamburgers? Where are the cans of beer? Where's the riding out to the car to be tested in a Walmart scooter?

I feel there is more richness to American stereotyping than they're using, family. I also agree the scripted comedy parts are too on the nose too, like dying and being raped. Still enjoyable but it loses something when there isn't even the slightest reason to suspend disbelief.

That was a pretty good ball of string. It was probably worth it.

>if it was less obviously scripted and the jokes were written by somebody with a sense of humor slightly above that of an onion then it might have a chance

(just not with the regular Top Gear audience)

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, user.

If you think that's the problem then you are a fucking dumbass.

Honestly Motortrend kick their ass especially for the last 2-3 years.

Head2Head and Ignition are literally Top Gear done right and then Roadkill is the shitcarroadtrip special segment.

Plus it FEELS alot less scripted even though the editing and shit cinematography bugs me its more interest and feels fresher

They've completely missed the point of why people liked Top Gear. I'm hoping to god that they recognise it and fix things later.

This.

GT feels like they are using cheatmode and its just boring

>yfw all the celebrities come together in the season finale

That stat is bullshit though.

SIARPC was good, fuck off.

This gif man

Never get tired of it

is it?

>dude cars lmao
who watches this shit? retards?

>Don't know anything about cars
>Still love TG and GT

explain this

TV Shows like this are directed towards simple people

Fuck unfortunately they are right.

Welp

I'd enjoy it all if it wasn't so fake.

It was always fake, but rigged fake, now it's just 100% fake, they're not even doing the challenges properly.

that's the reason why the show is hit-or-miss

Clarkson has said many times that the show has to be entertain everyone, not just the "subaru owners club"

Spot on. I hope someone from the production will realize this soon

Yes.

He has a couple youtube vids up of him just cooking in his kitchen. They're pretty funny to watch

Top Gear was going down hill before the whole fracas incident, it had become almost completely scripted and cringeworthy.

The fact that they went to amazon seemed to make everyone forget that. But now all we have is a much better funded Top Gear and the scripted moments dialled up to maximum.

Episode 3 was goat

>Hopefully theyre somewhere else in the UK next episode

Haha, nope.

Thankfully there will only be one more episode in America though.

>Lets make James (the best character) into a buffoon

t. Captain Slow

Motortrend is good content-wise but honestly i can't fucking stand those American hosts with their stupid accents, especially the fat guy with the glasses.

I see no difference in quality or humor between the last seasons (inb4 series) of TG and this season of TGT. Y'all are just bitter bastards.

>Namibia Special

fuck yes, both of their African specials have been great so far

>PC shackles of the BBC
>H982 FKL

>Haha, nope.
theres two scotland episodes right there mate