You a film buff?

Some say Hawks made the genre with "Scarface", but Cagney was modernity. Muni was not, so I give the nod to Wellman.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWW98rMlJE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit I was gonna make a Sopranos thread, I just finished my 5th viewing of the series and I've come to really love the ending and how there's so many clues to it throughout the last season.

Do you guys prefer the whacking or the living on theories?

it's painfully obvious that he died

would like to hear why anyone would think he doesn't die

He was obviously whacked. Autists out there have made a pretty good case for it

Jesus christ mister, you okay in there?

I agree that everything points to it, although I also like the idea of Tony being stuck in constant paranoia and having little things like the bell ringing and the Members Only dude being little ticks in his head that keep him from a clean conscience, also with Don't Stop Believin' playing in the background it brings up that despite all the hard times there's always another day to come.

Also another little thing but there would be no reason to whack Tony at that point, New Jersey and New York were both tired of fighting and Butchie was a bit weaker and calmer than Phil in some ways.
Also they just lost their boss and need to get their family in order just like the DiMeo crew, neither was capable of continuing the war.

I love how this is the only scene where we see Phil treated like a bitch, it's weird in hindsight seeing a future boss getting beat up and bullied by the boss of a glorified crew.

I kek every time

it wasn't new York that killed him
re-watch the episode "members only"
it was that guys brother
it was an unconnected sibling of tony's crew that was upset about his brother dying
that's why the dude who kills tony is wearing the same exact grey members only jacket
it was poetic

Why would he give a shit about Eugene when he killed himself?
There was also a dude with a Members Only jacket from New York in The Blue Comet so it's either a New Yorker or a red herring.

>Why would he give a shit about Eugene when he killed himself
who is in question? why would tony care? he didnt.
why would the dudes brother care?
that's his brother
>There was also a dude with a Members Only jacket from New York in The Blue Comet
I don't remember this at all
posts some proofs

thats how real film buffs talk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWW98rMlJE0

>whacking or the living on

Neither

first off that's not even the same guy who went into the men's restroom at the diner not to mention that that guys jacket isn't really grey
the theory is sound considering the types of clues left in previous episodes
there's this conversation and quote that everyone states
>you don't even hear it
well you can interpret that they also meant that you don't even see it coming
as in, it wasn't even a blip on tonys radar that some man with a personal grudge would avenge his brother like that
besides, the show depicts new York as having class and not really stooping to the level of killing a man in front of his family in public like that
it was unprofessional

Was Tony stuck in purgatory after Uncle Junior shot him?
He does look dead in the shot of him lying on Junior's floor and never does finish calling 911.

You should probably go back to watching JJ Abrams shows

>not remembering Christopher visiting Hell in Season 2
Pleb

I remember, he also tells Tony 3:00, which is the angle the members only guy could come at him. But he still doesn't die because the show ends before we see anything, cut to POV or not.

>Tony HAD to die or he HAD to live

I swear its like you guys didn't even watch the show.

Anti-climax, misleads, existentialism are literally core Sopranos tenants.

Why does it matter if he died or didn't? His life was fucked either way. Top guys all dead, Gun Charge, flipped friend.

Plus the only person who had any non head-cannon reason to want Tony dead was Patsy.

THE BLOODY COPS ARE BLOODY KEEN TO BLOODY KEEP IT BLOODY CLEAN THE BLOODY CHIEF'S A BLOODY SWINE WHO BLOODY DRAWS A BLOODY LINE AT BLOODY FUN AND BLOODY GAMES THE BLOODY KIDS HE BLOODY BLAMES ARE TO BE BLOODY FOUND ANYWHERE IN CHICKEN TOWN
DUN-DUN DUN-DUN DUN-DUN DUN-DUN

This lads. Sopranos is ambiguity: the show

Life is ambiguous, you'll never know all the answers, so just try to remember the times that were good and get on with it

>killing a man in front of his family
i would agree but eye for an eye is something a lot of these guys might get behind

good point, but i feel one of the reasons the ending is great is the fact that it allows for this exact type of polar opposite opinions and everything in between
does it matter if he died? not really but the way it is set up is the real ending

No more, Butchie. No more of this.

all that matters, i guess, is that it's been about over 10 years and we're still talking about it
pretty smart

it's a catholic show

He'd probably rather we actually talk about the show

we are

As opposed to bickering about the ending

>actually liking Public Enemy over Scarface
fucking jew nigger pleb

Did Melfi's treatment actually make Tony worse or that was just pseudo-science bullshit whic melfi believed?

Anthony is the one that gets killed

>starts his anti American rhetoric
>guy in the US flag hat flips his shit because 9/11
>also meadow gets knocked over as the guy in the hat runs out and becomes a cripple

pontecorvos shot him for revenge it was incredibly
telegraphed leading up to the finale
hes dead, pretending its up for debate is pleb as fuck.

This guy can't even into Edward G Robinson

One of the best music choices ever. So left field yet so perfect