I don't understand what's so good about him

I don't understand what's so good about him.

stfu u racis

Listen to Good Kid Maad City on repeat until you get it.

This is the equivalent of posting Pablo Honey and saying "I don't understand what's so good about them?"

I'm a 90s hip-hop guy.
I've tried....several times.

I'm not referring to DAMN specifically, just used that picture. If he was dropping albums in the 90s I don't think anyone would even care.

All mah neggus mah bitches mah mony mah dick mah scrotum

What have you listened to from him so far?

....what?

Good Kid, Butterfly, DAMN

Kendrick is the closest we have to an "intelligent" rapper nowadays. Simple as that.

So he's receiving praise because he is the best of a watered down pool?

Well if you didn't enjoy any of those seems like he's not your cup of tea. Sorry, user.

What rap do you enjoy, might I ask?

Nas, Mobb Deep, Redman, Wu, Big Pun, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Rakim, Big L, B.I.G, CNN War Report, AZ, etc.

listening to Damn was your first mistake

gets it

try Run the Jewels since it appears you like more east coast oriented rap

Honestly some good picks.
Yeah looks like Kendrick for whatever reason just won't click with you. Which is fine.

What about Hopsin?

Damn just as good as any other K. Lamar (c)rap album. If you believe otherwise you're either a Fantano-drone or fell for the Sup Forums contrarian meme

certainly not that album
listen to good kid maad city and follow the narrative

What??? I bet you voted for Trump! Racist motherfucker

>just as good as TPAB
objectively wrong

Nothing. Nothing at fucking all. The biggest fucking industry plant in music history. And OF COURSE, nu-Sup Forums eats the shit up because of their loser "white guilt" or what the fuck ever. Something only retarded united shitstain mutts have to begin with.

that sheep voice.

Thats about all the deep lyrics youll find in hip hop

Kendrick is a 8/10 with mainstream appeal. Which is kinda rare

True, it's better

Used to be an oldhead and didn't really like Kendrick until last year. Don't try to force it he'll grow on you sooner or later

>Listens to Illmatic once

kendrick is only seen as "good" because his contemporaries are so shit

Kendrick is a classic example of how if an artist has a major label behind them, he/she can be pushed as the greatest rapper on earth, when in reality there are far more talented artists out there who don't get the same exposure, so they get overlooked. He's better than most of the other mainstream bullshit that passes for hip hop nowadays though..

That's a big if though. I mean, could KDot have existed back then? What about TPAB or DAMN? He's walking in the shoulder of giants with all it implies...