>Ran
Nice.

I will judge you.

You are an obnoxious tryhard.

Hope you enjoyed my judgement.

Thanks

>only thankful for critical praise

disgusting

i like the matrix because it hink keanu reeves is so good looking thats my list fuckers

I actually wrote that comment before i saw the one over me

Thanks. Post your films my friend

working on mine

i probably need to watch more shit

Nice, i like it

Do your worst, faggots.

>Seventh Seal under comedy
What?

Good taste.

Loving how some of the same films are in different categories

In what way are you loving this?

It's more indicative of the person's taste. Like it I think it helps us get into the minds of the people who made the posters better. Like one user seeing NCFOM as mostly a thriller, another sees it primarily as a western. I think that's great.

I agree, it's quite interesting to observe something like that.

It is very funny. But i am swedish so i think i can pick up on the comedic tone and delivery much easier

Boring passive/agressive weeb

>jin roh
>Worst pusher (besides mads)

na m8. na

>worst pusher

It's the best

skip to my lou!

weebs OUT.

posted yesterday but got no (you)s

(you)

the only glimmer of hope in an otherwise plebtastic jamboree.

this triggers my autism
pls delet

thanks!
but y?

thanks mate

elle a passe etc... I didn't get this film, care to say why you liked it?

i think it's the most interesting Garrel film i've seen, composition wise (with his use of light and using faces as an object to analyze) it's amazing and made for a very evocative experience.

But, within the context of the film, that of a personal exercise for really everyone in the cast, but obviously more important for Garrel himself, it made me love it even more, the way they express themselves through their characters and break lines between fiction and reality
also very incredible touches of both Bresson's and Akerman's filmmaking styles

I understand why you may feel like you didn't get it, but I don't think that's the case, remember this is more of a personal work about Garrel's relationship with nico, so It's ok if you didn't like it or engaged that much with it, but I loved it so much, more than any of his other films.

and wiazemsky a cute

I must be the only person I know who's not a big fan of Nico and Garrel himself never impressed me a lot with his film-making. I usually like of rule-defying films of what is 'real' but I got a strong feeling from this that it was a big vanity project, way too self aware and trying to look deep at every turn and way too May '68 Parisian bohemian for me, from the cult of famous personalities to the marxist references thrown in, all in all it left me with a sour taste and dislike for their whole lot.
Thank you for your answer though.

Oh boy, finally get to post this!

i'm also not a fan of nico to be honest, i can agree with your statements about why you disliked it but the film as a whole is still very close to me

i forgot about these "lil auteurs" stuff
rip chantal though

andser!

Takes too much time.

I like you!

is krull good or is it just a meme

preserved culture is a meme so you answered your own question.

huh

just say yes or no before i kick ur ass

PLEASE rate

Thanks!

>mysterious skin
>spirited away
>blue velvet
300000000/10

>apocalypse now
>war

just a moment

want to make sure i can finish the chart before thread expires

50 billion years in paint

pls rate

>el topo twice

unredeemable pleb/10

>cant even count

ended up being a lot more reddit than i would have liked

>historical
>amadeus

Where the hell did you find a copy of Dead Man's Letters? I've been trying to watch that movie for ages.

5/5
+Black Christmas, Ran, Hara-Kiri
11/12
+Home Alone, Big Lebowski, Stand by Me, Paths of Glory, Alien, NCfOM
-GotG
>About Time
10/11
+Deer Hunter, Fistful of Dollars, Lost in Translation, Videodrome
-Big Fish
11/15
+Empire, Eraserhead, Raging Bull, Strangelove
-Grinch, X-Men: DoFP, no musicals
13/13
+Life Aquatic, Blue is the Warmest Color, Mad Max 2
4/5
+Exorcist, Fanny and Alexander
13/14
+Saving Private Ryan, The Wall, Tokyo Godfathers, Oldboy, Mulholland Dr.
-Love Actually
6/8
+Christmas Vacation, The Wailing, Princess Mononoke
-Waterboy, Troy
5/7
+12 Angry Men, Fantastic Planet, Network, Jingle All the Way
-Hobbit, BvS

KG, still not a very big rip sadly :(
>4/5
which one you didn't like?

this is now Sup Forums

Would watch the rest of the list just cause American Splendor is there. You might enjoy Remarkable Power.

Ah, I messed up. Thought your "comic book" was Days of Future Past, which I already listed as not being crazy about for another user. But looking at the pic again, I'm pretty sure it's Apocalypse, which I haven't seen.

I took it to mean period piece, user.

whats the name of the surrealism movie?

you didn't, actually, it is days of future past
i haven't seen the film only the quicksilver scene, didn't know what else to include in comic book

oh no wait it's actually apocalypse sorry

14/17
9/21
10/21
8/21
13/23
18/19
3/21
3/13
8/17
8/17
8/22
13/25
19/20
7/23
9/21
no/6

best itt and im not even joking

what a shitty board

NOOOOOOOO!!!
G-BabY!!!!!!!!!

what's the horror?

Obscure foreign shit

>la planète sauvage
>comic book
w0t
It's not related in any way to any comic book

i watched it i just forgot the title

i know i cheated bc i'm a roland topor fag roland topor=almost comic book right?

taste is subjective

damn this is almost my taste, was also going to include the death of maria malibran and tren de sombras, good shit right there!

Men Behind the Sun

dubs tell truth

>roland topor=almost comic book right?
That's pretty damn far-fetched...

illustrations in books by the author are almost comic books come on... idk what else to put there anyway.

Which one was yours?

Well I'd say it's precisely the opposite of a comic book.
An illustrated book ads visual to the text which serves as main media.
A comic book adds text to the illustration that serves as main media.
They might seem close in form but they are opposite in method

damn i had forgotten how amazing oliveira's doomed love is

so why are they so similar? you're arguing on technicalities, which I don't really care about since I already stated I'm conscious of having cheated. The form is different yet the effect produced is quite the same. I'm only replying to bump the thread anyway

They are again similar in form, but are completely different crafts, which has its importance.
The same way a painter and someone restaurating old paintings are not doing the same thing despite very visibly similar results.

Ah, yeah, lots of good stuff. But as much as I try, I can't get into Serra. He's good no doubt, but at the same time, I never want to sit down and give him two hours of my life.

Who made The Boxer?

Ah, but I wouldn't have used that as an example. Do you think a painter and a 'restaurer' of paintings would have come to the same creative objective conclusion? You're dismissing the whole process of painting. Your misstep was thinking that the artist's process has no merit... I don't care very much about the means to the end.

Aside from the effects work, what do you like in Jason and the Argonauts?

>Your misstep was thinking that the artist's process has no merit
But it does, that is precisely why these things are so different, and it applies again to the difference between illustrating a text and writing a comic book (deep down writing over pictures)
The process is precisely what sets them apart despite a result that might appear close.

The process is the idealization of the project ie=pictures over words or words over pictures, it's much more the same than you think. The artist, writer, has an idea that he wants to illustrate either with words or with pictures and the conclusion he comes up is with favoring one over the either yet the process was the same. An artist has an idea he wants realized and how he comes to that conclusion is the same yet not the same for me. Take the street of crocodiles the film and the story are nothing alike yet the intention was the same. To deliver something of that type. They both succeded, in different ways. I'm only talking about the process here not about the final product this is where we seem to disagree.

Can't blame you, though what I take away from his films is due to his mystical images, which by themselves make me stay happy the whole time

The boxer is a film by Shuji Terayama, one of his lesser experimental features but still very well crafted and very powerful film, and also I realized i probably haven't seen many sports films

Valerie on Blu Ray is amazing btw, had to get it

Oh, I love Terayama, but I've only seen Rally, Pastoral and Ark. I'll see if I can find that somewhere.

Yeah, the Valerie BD is great, I got it in the B&N sale.

It's on YT, not great quality but still
youtube.com/watch?v=n2TmwyC_E6o

Noice. You're dead on with Total Recall for action.
Rush is the ultimate sports movie.

>aside from the letters what do you like in this book ?

Effects are only a singular part of a movie.

Thanks. Criterion or Arrow or someone needs to get his stuff together for the west.

yeah they really need to, still I'm glad there's a BluRay rip of Pastoral available