Turntable

Are the crosley turntable good enough for background music for a small appartment?

If not any other recommendation?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikeahackers.net/2014/09/mid-century-modern-record-console.html
ikeahackers.net/2017/08/bestå-record-player-stand.html
youtube.com/watch?v=06wBwVkw9xU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No
Get an actually decent stereo setup (vintage can be cheaper and better).
If space is an issue, go for the minimal setup (turntable > phono preamp > active speakers) or just go digital

Any brands or models in particular?

Yes they are the best, use your most valuable records on them

>ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.jpg

this shit good?

As long as its not a target tier turntable you are in good hands

Everyone seems to say you're better off spending a little extra on the LP120 but I'm no expert. Luckily I got myself an LP3 on sale

I had one that only lasted a few months until the speed on it started slowing down, which obviously alters the music itself. I wouldn't recommend one of these. I upgraded to the LP120 and it's perfect.

It's fine, obviously getting an LP120 is preferrable.

dude if money is the issue you can find a lot better turntables for the same price. crosley gets a lot more heat than they deserve, but they are terrible tables. the speakers at a certain volume will cause vibration in the arm and needle and will end up damaging your records. sony has a cheap turntable in the same price range, that won't destroy your collection. whatever you decide, try to stay away from turntables with their own built in speakers

The LP120 is like $300 more ? Or am I retarded and don't know how to look up shit.

I'm basically just looking for something that plays record for background noise for like parties or reading. Don't want a crazy setup or anything. I thought those suitcase vinyl player would be good since it's transportable and has integrated shitty speakers but if its as shitty as you guys tell me I might as well invest on a small simple setup

The LP120 is pricier than the LP60 but it really is worth it, even if you're just using it casually. I almost recommend you get the LP120 and for now, skip a stereo/amp/monitors, and just the aux attachment on the back of the LP120 to play it through some regular desktop speakers.

it's not $300 more tho. I definitely recommend you get turntable that has an arm with a counterweight. That is really the most essential part of a good turntable.

I was looking into a minimalist setup like so (with the crosley) but now if I do pick something else that isn't shit how would it look like? Any inspo pic ?

>tfw got a Crosley for Christmas
am I fucked lads

in australia the lp60 is 250 while the lp120 is 600

Like this?

Or more vertical?

Exactly yeah! What would I need for that

That's an Ikea Hackers build, IIRC a besta TV bench with a walnut top and a set of hairpin legs.

It's actually a pretty cheap build, I'll try and find it.

ikeahackers.net/2014/09/mid-century-modern-record-console.html

ikeahackers.net/2017/08/bestå-record-player-stand.html

I really like these builds, they actually look decent, unlike the rest of ikea hackers stuff. Try and find a cheap vintage pioneer or marantz "integrated amp", pair it with a good turntable, upgrade the speakers much later.

youtube.com/watch?v=06wBwVkw9xU

there is 0 reason to use vinyl for background music

the entire point of vinyl is for music enthusiasts

I have shit internet, it's actually better to have a bunch of physical laying around.

I have my entire digital collection in a dedicated audio player. If your price for music is 0 than your only paying a one time fee of $100 and then never spend again.

What's the setup here for the vinyl? preamp and speakers?

I got my LP3 in the mail today.

Looks like phono preamp and powered speakers.
Sometimes I regret not getting an automatic.

yes. return it. you're not only getting a shitty truntable, but you're going to end up ruining your albums with it too.

vinyl is a terrible idea then. records are expensive and so are the setups. cheaping out on it won't do you any good. Get a good turntable with a built-in preamp and an aux attachment so you can play it through your shitty speakers until you decide to upgrade from there.

This was my first TT. I sold it after a move and upgraded to an LP120. The plan was to sell and upgrade again to something like a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon but I wanted to get a new cartridge and some more audio equipment as well as grow my collection more first and student loan debt isn't helping.

All that to say it's an ok starter table but don't place too much stock in it and upgrade ASAP.

isn't it a bad idea to have your speakers on the same surface as your turntable?

If it makes you feel better, it took me an hour to adjust the tonearm because I was overthinking it.