What are some times he has been blatantly wrong about an album?

what are some times he has been blatantly wrong about an album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ejL8k6Qri4g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

giving narkopop a 2 seemed pretty harsh

Trout Mask Replica. He's a turbo pleb though, so no surprises.

Pure Comedy. It's not nearly as 'important' as he thinks it is

The Money Store did not deserve a 10

>PERIODICALLY IRON DEFICIENT
What did he mean by thus?

>Opinions
>Wrong

>Gasfags still can't get over it

anthony pls

This is the only one that I can not understand at all.

Slowdive self titled, he gave it a 4/10. Fuck him.

Sometimes he just wants views so he shits on an album arbitrarily.

There are times he's just said things that are straight up not true.

Point in question, pic related.

what did he say. did he forget to mention how boring it is

Name one (1) artist who has lyrics more subtle than fjm

MBDTF is not a 6

it's a bad review too, he basically praises the shit out of it and then complains about one aspect

Mouth Moods is too flawed to be a 10.

>point in question
Leave, spic

>Sometimes he just wants views so he shits on an album arbitrarily.
it honestly wasn't that good. no need for a dumb conspiracy about him wanting more views.

yep. it was a strong 4. The instrumental version is a 10, though.

narkopop, shouldve been a NOT GOOD

>it honestly wasn't that good.

Could you explain in full please

>fjm
>subtle lyrics
I liked Pure Comedy but this is just wrong

Meme

This was when he tried to reinvent himself as edgy and unapologetic. Shortly after this he starts posting memes about giving Kendrick's meme rap album a lower score than Lil Pump's meme rap album.
Picked the worst possible album to kick it off with since he made himself look clueless about both techno and ambient, and confidently shitting on it while genuinely not understanding the style of music made him look like an asshole.
This made me realize he's not as smart as I assumed, that album is the embodiment of (and I mean this in the most non-buzzword way possible) Reddit-like self-assured pseudointellectualism and 115IQ superiority complexes.

age of adz is not a 6 anthony.

When he didn't like the one I liked

Pure comedy, kendrick, mount eerie, brockhampton

didn''t agree with him on murder of the universe

What scores has he given for Protomartyr albums? If any are under a 7 then is he ding dong wrong

this

its pretty obvious he has very limited knowledge of electronic music, but his reviews are less about objective review and more about his personal viewpoint and taste

Panda Bear vs the Grim Reaper was given a 4.

Lately he's just called things "bland" or "boring" without explaining why, which is the mark of a poor reviewer.
A review should explain why elements of the album's execution failed, and how they could have been improved. Start advertising yourself as a voice of authority by only saying "it's bad" or "it's good" is how you lose credibility. Why would I or anyone else listen to that? p4k and most other music sites have had this problem forever.

>"the blue album is better than Pinkerton"

When he gave a '7' to a fake leak of a Blur album that was actually Gorillaz songs.

I'll never be able to understand why he hated The Ooz as much as he did. Sure it isn't a 9 or 10/10 but it's defiantly not a 4/10.

2 might have been harsh but it's by far one of the most overrated and amateurish ambient albums of the year

It's too bad that "Reddit" has been diluted as a descriptor. There's a very specific attitude that defines much of its community that's hard to describe exactly.
Rick and Morty, FJM, Marvel, some things just "are" Reddit, and you can't exactly pin down why. It's not because Reddit enjoys them, they enjoy many good things.

Anyone else thinks he gave BROCKHAMPTON such glowing reviews because he really wanted to 'break' a band/group/whatever? He seems really desperate to be a part of that movement judging from his social media accounts. I don't even think BH is bad, just not 8 or 9 score good

His yeezus review
It's Kanye's best album, not to mention best hip hop of this decade if not millennium

>Replica
>R Plus Seven
>Garden of Delete

The lad has it backwards

>Guy has been producing techno since the 90s
>Authoritatively call it amateurish
>Calling it an ambient album just because it isn't nonstop UN-TSS-UN-TSS
Hi Anthony

r plus seven a 6? cmon tony what are you thinking

didnt he praise the album though

I loved pure comedy and own it on vinyl but there is literally 0 subtlety to any of his lyrics

pretty sure he's memeing m8

i've already stated my thoughts in another thread and i had listened to it before the fantano review came out because i'm a huge huge ambient fan and basically i'm utterly disappointed that gas saw fit to come back after nearly 20 years and release an ambient album that sounds like it was produced in audacity with paulstretch and the in-program reverb

He was totally wrong about Salad Days

He shat on Polygondwanaland for not being krautrock when it was never intended to be krautrock. It has a fucking glass marimba for christ's sake.

Yeezus

Why are people trying to make this Sup Forums core all of a sudden

uh huh honey :)

100% this. I am completely dumbfounded in regards to his praise for them. I've never disliked something so much that he rated so positively.

REMINDER READ THIS POST TO GET A SUMMARY OF THE WHOLE THREAD

lil peep

Any apehop or crap album above a 4

Never. He's a gud boy.

i feel like a lot of the time he reviews albums without giving them any real consideration

like if a new album comes out that i think is super interesting, i might go check out his review of it, and like 9/10 times if he has reviewed it he's given it like a 5 or 6 out of 10 and just doesnt mention any of the interesting stuff in the album

i feel like his review structure is way too basic, which is how it has to be when its a daily channel, and i think its REALLY obvious when a review of an album was only done because he had to or didnt have anything else to do vs when he actually took the time to listen to it

that one kid cudi album
uhh, a bunch of others.

youtube.com/watch?v=ejL8k6Qri4g

He states how The Violent Sleep Of Reason sounds like machines and how the riffs aren't melodic, implying these are cons.
Meshuggah is and always was about sounding like machines, they're not supposed to be melodic.

The guy just doesn't know metal. He should stick to reviewing Kid Cudi albums

He said he respected it but he hates listening to it.

it's an 8/10

the spoken word is good

didn't mean to quote other poster lol

agreed, its a 5 at best.

unforgivable

its a pretty average indie-pop album. isn't even gazey

every time he reviewed kanye he was wrong

He gave Lil pump's album a fucking 7.
Lil fucking pump.
Disgusting.

it's becuase they're pseudointellectual with a nihilist tinge. (not saying thay're actual nihilists).

he has admitted that he has grown significantly on that album and would probably give it an 8.

His lyrics are the most straight forward I have ever seen

so he was wrong

Best answer so far

Criminally underrated. This was my AOTY.

Yeah he clearly had a personal vendetta against the band after their reunion.

I'm pretty sure they've succeeded at this point

When he said TKOL is worse than Pablo Honey.

Wew, he really said that? Lousy opinion.

IT LITERALLY, NO LITERATELY, IS THE 2017 ZEITGEIST

>my favourite track was his least favourite

i will carve a hole in the watermelon big enough to receive the cumbersome shit i need to take

also this
i can think of half a dozen better albums in the ignorant-turnup style of rap
not saying they deserve a 7, but lil pump is really not that good

that and he put gucci gang in his top 50 singles of the year. i expect that kind of bullshit out of billboard or p4k..

One annoying thing he does, if he doesn't like the lyrics, he'll just start singing them in a mopey/whiney voice as an argument for why they're bad

Trent

Speaking of 6s, Sour Soul should've been a 9 or a 10

he gave syro like a 6 or something

lmfao this

Aoty. I love the spoken word. Chapter 1 is a little weak gotta admit. Ch 2 and 3 are masterpieces though

periods lmao

Of course he can't, retards can't reason

narkopop's not a 2, closer to 4 or 5 imo

>isn't even gazey
You don't know what you're talking about. You have not even listened to the whole album have you?

This is actually a 9

how new are you

Yeezus is seriously garbage. Its just kanyes monotone voice over the same shit beat, his worst album by far.

wow did he really haha

lil pump unironically