So what does Sup Forums think of Cube?

So what does Sup Forums think of Cube?

Haven't rewatched it in three years but I do remember thinking Cube1>Cube3>Cube2

It has the most obnoxious, pretentious fanbase of all time.

wait, it has a fanbase?

cube is almost perfect, in my opinion, some of the amateurish performances put aside. the mystery, the open ending, the discussions about what the cube might be - great stuff.
cube2 and 3 make the big mistake and try to explain what doesn't need explaining. watched them once and never thought of them again.

They're going to remake it apparently.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to connect to Cube 2.

They were gonna remake it, a reboot in 3D called Cubed. Lionsgate were looking to replace Saw with Cube as their new yearly moneymaker. It was stuck in development hell for years and got scrapped. Instead they're rebooting the Saw series again.

Reboot saw? wonder how their fandom is doing.

great movie.
cube 2 was one of the worst things ever.
i didn't know there was a 3rd; what was that about? a 5th dimension added to the cube?

Cube Zero was its title. Basically prequel but this time you watch both the subjects and the engineers maintaining the early Cube.

You don't even want to fucking know. Imagine the worst of /r9k/ and then mix that with an obsession for a series that revolves around gruesomely murdering people.

The creators even heavily distanced themselves from the forums which are now shutdown. You don't want to know.

Fandom would totally have loved a telltale game of Saw.

I loved it, really great movie.

Truthfully what the community devolved into was "how fucked up can the traps get". I don't think they even cared about the characters.

The worst ones were the people who honestly though that criminals should be subjected to the same traps. I think when films like these get a hardcore fandom it's not healthy. It attracts fucked up people.

ahh, guru fags.

Makes me wonder how many other horror-franchise fandoms are out there. I know there's a couple of decent ones like probably Evil Dead.

The acting and dialogs was horrible
The charactes weren't stupid but the dialogs made them feel stupid.
Camerawork was shit.

I the only thins I liked were the practical effects, I think they used the right amount of characters and not showing what the cube is was a great decision.

First one is kino, the second tries to build off of the first but mostly fails, and Cube Zero is terrible just based on the fact that they thought trying to explain the origin and nature of the Cube was a good idea.

2 was good solely for that nerdy glasses guy dying over and over and the one dude snapping and killing everyone over and over

The first one was a ton of fun. The second one was a neat concept, but mostly forgettable. I haven't even bothered with the third.

What bothers me about the second one is that they retconned the Cube's origin. It's supposed to be a snowball of a public works project that kept getting bigger and dumber because no one wanted to admit they didn't know what it was for. That was a really funny idea. Now instead it's an intentional experiment conducted by some shadowy government branch. Lame.

It's like how Bioshock Infinite should've been like

I forgot how much I liked this movie. Probably one of the first real horror films a young me saw, so very personally influential. Total kino.

First one is amazing, but the third one is fantastic as well. It's not over explained, it doesn't reveal too much. There's still a ton of mystery and its very well done. Anyone who dislikes the third film is an idiot.

The second film started great and then gets absolutely terrible. The final scene has to be the worst thing I've ever actually watched, fan fic tier garbage.

Cube Zero is trash and completely ruins what makes the first film so great.

This!

So what are Sup Forums's speculations for the cube?

I remember when it played film festivals in the late 90ies. Natali seemed like an exciting talent. He actually talked about wanting to do something called SPLICE as his follow-up. Clearly that one took a while longer than he expected! And what the fuck happened to Natali anyway? Last I checked he directed some episodes of HANNIBAL after failing to get either HIGH-RISE or NEUROMANCER off the ground.

>They're going to remake it apparently.
But fucking why? I mean they could just mae another movie however they like it and it still could fit with first 3.

>guru fags
it's called guro

name recognition, branding & synergy
do you know ANYTHING about how hollywood works?

to make it appeal to new audiences, obviously.

It's the hollywood way

I unironically like this guy.

the fucking eye though

Jax is a top tier villain, I loved how he enjoyed his job so much, and his interactions with Fatty are great.

they should just re-release the original. shoot some additional scenes with some youtube/vine star getting cube'd and the morons would never even know it's not a remake.

>probably Evil Dead
It sounds really obvious but the stuff that's not connected to reality usually has a better fandom from my experience. Demons, killer dolls, nightmare murderers etc. It's always the grounded stuff that attracts loons

then oldfags will bitch that the new additions ruins it

Cube Zero, it was a lot better than cube 2. It's from the perspective of the cube controllers

what does Sup Forums think of Nothing?

I thought it wasn't nearly as great as Cube, but it's still a nice silly, comfy movie

KINO

This is true for everything, though.

>This is true for everything, though.
No, both Scream and Cube have exceptionally unlikable fanbases.

That's just your own bias coming into play.

i watched it a long time ago and i think it's fun

Hypercube was pretty fun
it wasn't as good as the original but it feels like the logical next step while still being stupid enough to laugh at and enjoy

No, I loved both Cube and Scream until I saw the autistic fanbase.

That's not what I meant. In any case, you shouldn't stop liking something just because the fans are assholes.