Stargate thread bitches

Stargate thread bitches

Other urls found in this thread:

gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The original movies were the worst compared to SG-1

True or false

Ar u avin a gigl m8? The original movie is top tier.

Early SG1 was kino. All the main characters, supporting characters, villains and allies were all gr8.

Late SG1 was trash. Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, Tapping and Cliff Simon couldn't save it. The rest of the main cast were awful, only farscape babies say otherwise. Writing, supporting characters, villains and allies were all shit.

Atlantis was only good because of McKay and Sheppard. Everyone else, the bad guys, good guys, other main characters were all pulled up by those two. Without those two the show is complete rubbish. Interesting side characters are only fun because of their relationship between these two.

Universe is a meme, Robert Carlyle (Rush) was legit the only character that was worth a damn and that's only because he was as asshole to all the shit characters.

atlantis>SG1 desu

>Atlantis was only good because of McKay and Sheppard
And Woolsey

all true

the original movie has some problems but its fun and the score is elder god-tier. the first act (everything before they go through the stargate) is 10/10, and while the rest of the movie may be "bad", its not "horrible" and there are enough redeeming qualities imo.

watch it shol'va!

>the original movie has some problems but its fun and the score is elder god-tier

true, and it gets special nerd credit for being pretty much the only movie with actual spoken ancient egyptian (also the mummy 1& 2 but to a lesser extent)

See i am torn because while i like SG1 i dont really like Farscape and im aussie so i should be biased towards Farscape but its just bad

The show hasnt aged well, the writing is bad, the acting is bad, the pacing and editing is bad.

The only good effects are the literal Muppets
Puppet and thats it.

The original Endings to SG1 where amazing then that stupid fucking 2nd movie comes along and shits over it

>It's a communication stone episode
Fuck SGU.

>That one Serpent Guard in the pilot episode for SG1 whose eyes don't glow red like all the others.

I feel bad for him, he was dead inside before Teal'c killed him.

>the serpent guards all shoot at the unarmed prisoners huddling in the corners instead of the armed earthlings and renegade jaffa shooting at them

did they all go to CIA academy or what

>Gabagoold?

Did his nose drip?

that would be the Setesh guards

I met Jonas Quinn in a bar in Vancouver and he forced me to drink his beer, then went on a rant about how we should bring back the gold standard(?)

Make way for the Asgard.

stop
hammertime

aayyyy

Woolsey was an insufferable faggot. He should've stayed the annoying bureaucrat he used to be appearing once every season, at most.

The original movie is fucking great.

If you want army dudes fighting space egyptians you can't go wrong.

I always thought he was the same guy as the one in Battlestar galactica.

was kurt russell ever more based? i think not

You could also ask whether James Spader ever more adorable?

Again, the answer is no.

Space sand niggas.

FTFY

Improve Stargate!

I begin:
>by the end of season 1 or 2, the project is made public and a colonization of other worlds is begun
>the next cliffhanger is offworld sites being conquered by Goald and SG1 going to the rescue
I always thought the super secrecy around the project was a lame way to keep the status quo and it could've been much more.

>that timeloop episode in SG-1
Pure kino

tori higglestone gave me aids and destroyed the series

you mean when she left, sure

>that timeloop episode in Universe

GOAT Episode

>GOAT

perhaps even...

>hey we have interstellar travel but u cant go, and u cant meet the aliens or leave earth btw, alo we've been hoarding alien tech and allies and u can't have any, btw we have space aircraft carrier with rail guns and nukes in orbit right now

The beginner's guide to Star Gate:

>What to watch

SG1 up until Richard Dean Anderson leaves
Stargate (movie)
That's basically it.

You will watch all of SG1 and Atlantis and enjoy it god damnit user

Universe can be skipped

Atlantis is only good until the end of s3, rest is mostly shit

i thought SGU was getting really neat in s2

i say man up and watch fucking everything:
gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/

>i thought SGU was getting really neat in s2
Debatable.

Even at the end the only interesting plots were the time loop episode and the episode where their alternate timeline selves created a society,

>Atlantis was only good because of McKay and Sheppard. Everyone else, the bad guys, good guys, other main characters were all pulled up by those two.
Todd was literally the best character also he did nothing wrong.

>nerd credit
ni hao reddit

>you're now aware that this is referencing voyagers final ep

Get to the chappa'ai!

Todd was fantastic in his first appearance, really menacing presence

when they brought him back he was reasonably amusing, and of course they did the same that they did to rodney and sheppard: overused the fuck out of him for le epic bantz because they don't know what to do with their show or any other characters except have the fan favorites exchange hilarious wisecracking

The problem with S9-10 was trying to replace everyone.

The core idea of moving on to Ori was fine, we knew by then Ancients were not from Milky Way and exploring the philosophical differences between 'obey the magic law' and 'we super magic, we do what ever we want'. It makes sense that was the next step. Where the series went wrong was the humans tech jumped too fast, in 9 years they went from scrubs with shuttles to top tier asgard 'I win/rule this galaxy'. The lack of earth based politics, full program disclosure and how it fucked with the power balance and improved joes life.

As for the characters, trying to replace RDA was always going to be hard. Ben tried but with live action the series really does become all about the core cast people enjoy, they tried to make it too the same.

Atlantis had the same power scale jumps but was often more camp in presentation (less military feel, more cheese and power escalation).

The movies were just longer episodes.

>finish up Ori by getting a random ethereal killing device (fuck yea scifi shows pulling out McGuffins in last episodes to completely team wipe enemies. It got so old by S8 with the replicators.)
>finish off the last (and most fun) snake with time hijinks (yet again they don't make sense) in a slightly longer than usual episode

Glad we at least got those movies, they didn't solve every plot thread, still hadn't dealt with the Earth side stuff, but it at least put a bow on the two prime enemy aliens.

For kicks earth ends up like that one time they fucked up and caused a nuclear war by visiting somewhere.

The show tried it's best to play 'status quo is god'. Three or more planets had nuke capabilities and only one stargate, each time a war started over who had it. Sort of a cop out story wise, but also realistic in how the politics would be. Doesn't make SGC any less hypocritical. Kinsey was right.

I've only watched bits of TNG. Are voyager, DS9 etc more military trek? Always found the tactics and combat capabilities of people and ships comical in TNG.

DS9 is a bit I guess, voyager isn't really at all.

why didn't they just destroy the stargate on earth, end the show and go home?

The GOOLD knew where earth was and could travel there by ship

Atlantis was complete trash.

There I said it.

The only reason I've watched through it 3 times is because I am weak idiot who cant help himself.

Fuck Teala. Also fuck Ford.

Fuck

False

Ronan isn't a good character either even though everyone loves him for some reason. He's just as 1 dimensional as ford.

This

This.
>go to hold ancient city against countless hostile aliens
>leader shall be a female diplomat
>this works heh heh
I'm just surprised how they can go from having such a good cast to the literal sperging that was Tori H.
The replacement TealQ was also one of the worst casting choices in anything, ever.

>how to ruin a show.jpg

Weir was just a generally whiny holier than thou idiot.

Agreed.

cancelled third movie was going to be RDA centric and would have unveiled the sgc programme to the world.

I would've completely wrecked Wier, there was just something about her. She was so straight laced in the control room but occasionally she looked as though she simply wanted a good, hard shag to remind herself she was a passionate woman..

We got a flavor of that in the future episode 2010
Shit, that's now six years ago.

I'm so sad we never got this.
I really fucking am.

how did you guys feel about "vegas"? i know this one gets a lot of mixed responses, so im curious

i fucking loved it

I'm always looking forward to seeing it until I get to it and realise I hate csi.

>Universe is a meme
What's that even supposed to mean? It's like saying "Deep Space Nine is a catalyst" or "Babylon 5 is a substitute", it doesn't mean anything until you put it into context.

The best episodes for me were always the ones that didn't deal directly with the main storyline, and the best of those always were written with the three cliches: time travel, alternate realities, and virtual realities.

the guy playing McKay didn't age well

Who are you guys going to spend your Christmas with? Are you going to watch Stargate SG-1 with them?

Watch it Kinsey

that guy is 58
what the hell has he done

I just downloaded all of Atlantis for a rewatch.

Season 1 of Atlantis was really, really good.

I literally can't remember anything from the remaining seasons other than 2 space battles, a planet exploding and Atlantis landing on earth at the end (And I only remember that because I watched a leaked copy of the ending which was missing effects and made it memorable)

I never got around to watching Atlantis or Universe. Stopped at S8 for SG-1 as well. From what I understand I haven't missed out on much.

I'd recommend checking out at least Atlantis

Season 1 of Atlantis is really good. It's probably the best season of Stargate of them all.

You kinda have to watch Atlantis first. I rewatched SGU and then tried Atlantis but it's just so low quality by comparison. Not necessarily the storyline, but the sets and concept are so cartoonish by comparison it's difficult to suspend your disbelief for it.

>but the sets and concept are so cartoonish by comparison it's difficult to suspend your disbelief for it.
This is purely personal and subjective, but I far prefer the more light hearted tone of Atlantis and the early sg1, something just didn't sit right with Universe and really just came off as dark and edgy.

She was OK in season one, but after that the actress completely failed at portraying authority, she just came across as a bitchy douche. I was glad when she was gone. Season two and three were the worst of the series in my view.

It's from an episode when he was aged up you dopey cunt.

I like the tone, it's just the production quality wasn't there for Atlantis. They stopped shooting on film when SG-1 hit season eight and Atlantis premièred, and the flaws of the sets and props really stood out. SG-1 from season one to seven is probably my favourite peroid, but I think SGU was on the road to reaching that quality too. It got consistently better as it went along, even if the ratings didn't reflect that.

Easy to get better when you start so fucking low

I dropped that show in the middle of the second season, could not take it anymore. It was so fucking bad.

t-t-trolled lol

>jokes on you, i MEANT so say something retarded!

That actually sounds very based

GOOLD¿

Who?

How about you watch all of them and then make up your own opinion about the series.

He's a scientologist.

kek

outta my way, goold fucking shits!

Universe would have been at least 62% better if the communication stones didn't work in FTL.

>atlantis
>it's a "we've found a zpm on this planet but the local undeveloped populace use it for something other than it's desired purpose leading to moral conflict" episode.

>atlantis
>it's a "teyla reminds the audience that the lanteans exist so she can try to develop her character" episode

>it's a teyla misunderstands some pop culture reference scene.

glad that sg1 actually tried to alleviate that problem in later seasons and it was hilarious

>it's a teyla sings episode