Does anyone else here sometimes forget which Baltic countries are which...

Does anyone else here sometimes forget which Baltic countries are which? Like if I'm looking at a blank map or imaging them in my head sometimes I just can't for the life of me remember. I mean they're all pretty much the same with similar cultures and political situations. What's are some of the differences between them? Particularly politically and culturally.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Jersika
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>American education

They're three tiny countries that don't matter. It's just like with the Balkans, a bunch of small countries, the only difference is the Balkan countries are at least unique. The Baltics are virtually indistinguishable except for a little bit of history.

eh you're right, but Estonia is at least different enough to make a difference.

its easy, like a burger. estonia is the top bun, lithuania is the lower pun and latvia is the turd patty in between

easy to remember

see should be easy enough for a burgerflipper.

It's like a man train, whichever way it's facing Latvians are the hugest faggots since we're in the middle.

pfff, baltic states aren't a thing desu

They eat less potato than Ireland. Not that they wouldn't like it, but there is simply none.

Yeah because you're right next to them.

Latvia has Viola O, easy to remember

Wow, racist much?

Estonia was, kida, nordic before the damn communists

now how about you go read a book or two and stop making pointless threads
i know you're american but that's not an excuse for being ignorant

Estonia is the closest to finland, thats why they have white and blue in the flag. Black is there because they hate niggers more than finns.

Latvia is between the other countries. Thats why their flag has red and white. Reds are the gay people and latvia in the middle is the poor white guy. Gay sandwich.

Lithuania is closest to Poland and they smell like piss and vomit. Thats why their flags have green, yellow and red.

Remember those and youre good.
Also, your welcome.

I often forget it myself and find myself thinking I am in Latvia or Lithuania.

Estonians are top. Culture is kind of Finnish with bits of Swedish and German. Large Russian presence, but they are the niggers of Estonia.

Latvians are run by the niggers. A minority of actual Latvians. They are half like Estonians and half like generic eastern-European types.

Lithuanians are Poles-lite. A bit garbage but at least very few Russians.

/thread

>forgetting Eesti

Estonia is at the top because Estonians are Finnish. Lithuania is at the bottom because of Poland-Lithuania.

/thread

Whose in the middle?

Do you even know anything about the baltics?

I try not to think about balts but every time there is a thread about Russia they are always the first to respond.
Bless those irrelevant little niggers.

Wow Russia is fucking tiny. I thought Russia was supposed to be big? Why don't lithuania just invade russia if it's that small

pic not related

Estonians are non-religious Finno-Ungrics with Germans and Swedish influences
Latvians are Lutheran Balts with German influences
Lithuanians are Catholic Balts with Polish influences

All three as post-Russian Empire and Soviet Union have influences from these as well, very noticeable from Soviet Union, minimal from Russian Empire.

There is no mutual intelligibility between the countries, even Lithuanian and Latvian.

good answer 9/10

Estonia is doing its best to be Finland, bredi gud guys, nice country

Latvia is run by USSR commie holdouts and greedy old cunts, from a social standpoint between Estonia and Lithuania, self-loathing people, eastern Latvia is Latgalian, different language, culturally closer to Poland and Lithuania, mostly Russian

Lithuania is socially Russia, just as conservative, economically not as retarded as Latvia but a lot of bydlo like other Baltics, just not Slavic bydlo, some Polish communities here and there, nice people overall

I literally don't know any European countries. Give me a blank Map and I'd probably be only able to point out Italy and than there is a 50/50 chance of me getting Spain and Portugal right. Why would I care about the locations of 3rd world shitholes when I live on the greatest and most superior country on earth?

So are you, defending Russia at any circumstance whatsoever.

Don't believe anything that's said here. Those countries are not similar at all.
Maybe Lithuanians have a language that's a bit similar to ours, but otherwise they're very different.

Estonia is easy because it's the closest to Finland and they are good friends.

>from a social standpoint between Estonia and Lithuania
> eastern Latvia is Latgalian, different language, culturally closer to Poland and Lithuania, mostly Russian
Mostly wrong

>minimal from Russian Empire.
There is no influence from the Russian Empire. We were only a part of it de jure, while we were actually run by German nobility.

Only Latvia and Lithuania are really "Baltic", Estonia is home to Spurde like Finland and Hungary. The Balts are an interesting race, they clung on to European Paganism for far longer than any other European race managed, and the "Polish" empire was largely conquered by Pagan Lithuanians.

I always remember Estonia because it's the one across the water from Finland and they both share ancestry and speak similar languages.

Lithuania and Latvia I always get confused.

All you have to know that Lithuania is the best.
Here's a more detailed map of Lithuania.

Weren't latvians formerly livonian catholics, whereas lithuanians were eastern orthodox?

>There is no mutual intelligibility between the countries, even Lithuanian and Latvian.

What about smaller languages / dialects? Are there many? Are they just as unintelligible?

Livonians are finnic, the Latvian tribes took their lands and assimilated them. Livonians were also the first to convert when Germans came and proceeded to fuck over Estonian and Latvian tribes

>pic related for better memorizing
(You) I miss eesti brushposter

>whereas lithuanians were eastern orthodox?

We were never Orthodox. It was only some Latvian principality.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Jersika

Latgalian is a dialect of Latvian and you can figure out some words between Latvian and lithuanian

Do you ever think what could have been, if there was no occupation?

we are getting a lot of hate here though I dont know why

estonia = white
Lavia = inbetween
Lituania = African

>three tiny countries that don't matter

Then why all the troops?

bļa, ņevtiraj man sūdus, kulturāli Latgale atšķiras no pārējās valsts, stipra Lietuviešu un Poļu ietekme caur Inflantiju/katoļiem un tāpēc, ka bija ilgus gadus nošķirta no pārējiem reģioniem, pilna ar krieviem

un tas pirmais punkts bija no sociālās "progresivitātes" skata punkta, Lietuvieši ir stipri konservatīvāki par Latviešiem, Igauņi, mēģinot adaptēties Eiropeiskai ideoloģijai, ir liberālāki

So Russia doesn't come knocking.

In all due honesty, I'll call it a day if the average person from here even recognizes the fact they are the Baltic countries.

yea Latvia and and Lithuania is the same but Estonia is basically Finland

Gory.
Literally 10th best economy in Europe in 1939

>Lietuvieši ir stipri konservatīvāki par Latviešiem
Nesmīdini mani

Russkie borderlands, eesti, cannon fodder and prevention of Crimea 2: Electric Boogaloo

>Lithuania was part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and is therefore in the south and bordering Poland
>Estonians are a Finnic people so Estonia is in the north nearest to Finland
>Latvia is therefore the ham in this sandwich

That's how I remembered them.

Don't know about Estonians.
Latvians have Latvian proper and Latgalian, Lithuanians have Lithuanian proper and Samagotian.
Latvians can't understand Latgalians and Lithuanians can't understand Samagotians from what I have heard.
I don't know why they are not considered separate languages.

Do you ever thing, what could have been, if there was a United Balticum empire?

I too see find it weird.
On one hand you see poll looking for a "based white country" that takes no shit from jews.
Enter Baltics who stay strong with their traditions, against immigration, even commemorate the Legion.
Yet we get constantly shat on.
I can't tell if it is ignorance and people literally thing we are 100% Russian countries or what.

Lithuania-Africa
Latvia-a bird
Estonia-some wierd shape

Not that hard

Retard here praise Russia because of memes, since we are against Russians we get shat on

labi, davaj, apgaismo, es nopietni esmu ieinteresēts, viens standarta punkts ir tas, ka viņi ir daudz reliģiskāki, un ar to tiek ietekmēta viņu politiskā domāšana, kad jums tur Latvijā būs anti-geju "propagandas" likumi, tad ticēšu

I still love you, Funland :(

> too see find
too seem find*
>you see poll
Sup Forums*

Honestly never understood this meme, Russia would put too much at risk when attacking any of the Baltic countries, it's simply not worth the clay

I guess its lack of common knowledge and mostly epik meems

Who gives a fuck, I still forget where Riga and Talin are, and I live right next to these countries.

How the hell did the three languages develop so independently?

is this /balt/

>I'm proud of being a retard and having miniscule geography knowledge

Lietuvieši nav tik konservatīvi, kā latvieši

baltic tribes weren't niggers who ooga boogaed and moved when the slightest wrong occurs.

ne didelis skirtumas :^)

It's easy. Estonia is the one on top. Now you have to remember which one is Lithuania and which one is Latvia. The best way to do this is to remember the Polish-Lithuanian death camps I mean commonwealth. Since the one that built the commonwealth with Poland has to be closer to Poland, Lithuania is the one at the bottom.

From top to bottom, their names are in alphabetic order.

Hope you remember forever now, like I did when my teacher told me this.

>I'm proud of being an autist and having useless geography knowledge

Goes both ways senpajau

Well said, Ameribro

Honestly they all belong to Russia. The Baltic States, Poland, and Finland are meme countries on the level of Ukraine and Byelorossiya.

well, I don't know what regions of Lithuania or Estonia they want, but Eastern Latvia has a massive Russian population and there's been shilling on the internet complaining of abuses by Latvian government and shit, of course it's a worthless piece of clay, but so what?

They are imperially-minded people, that was historical clay, they want to lay claim, they will

Atceries faktu, ka Lietuvai ir sociāl demokrāti ievēlēti pie varas

Just remember alphabetically
>Estonia
>LAtvia
>LIthuania

But we have nothing in common.

you know who else doesn't like gays? muslims.

>having elementary school geography knowledge = autist

Christ you're one dumb fuck. Were you able to finish school or dropped out?

>shilling on the internet complaining of abuses by Latvian government and shit

English movies don't count, if you don't live here, then don't try to bullshit

>Lithuanians can't understand Samagotians
Yes we can

Literally irrelevant. It's the land that matters; the people should be throiughly Russified.

Baltics are rightful Russian clay man. They aren't real countries.

that gif makes me happy.

i cant

Same reason the British went to war over Belgium in 1914: the relevancy of your country does not diminish the importance of us keeping our word on treaties

Not an argument

ir pētījuma avots kaut kur?

un pavisam iespējams, ka butthurts bija tāpēc, ka Rinkevičs no skapja izlīda tikai tad, kad tika ievēlēts par ārlietu ministru?

man nav intereses Lietuviešus nomelnot vai Latviešus rādīt kā kautkādus progresīvisma vadoņus Baltijā, vienkārši runājot ar lietuviešiem un latviešiem, veidojās tāds iespaids

Baltic region was the border between Finno-Ungric people(Livonians, Estonians) and Indo-Europeans(Balts such as Latgalians, Kuronians and Semigallians)
So Estonian on fundamental level is completely different.

Lithuanian and Latvian diverged so massively because Lithuania went on to become an independent duchy and later part of the Commonwealth, while Latvian territory was under Germans rule for 700 years.
Curonian, Semigallian, Selonian converged into the Latvian language.
Prussian, Skalvian and Sudovian went extinct because of land bridge from HRE allowed Teutonic order to move their peasantry to these lands and displace locals.

Bingo

user they're all distinctly different looking

There is always shilling from Russia's side, but they Estonian government is equally shilling against Russia.

Nevertheless, the majority of local russkies would rather be in Estonia than unite with Russia, because they know damn well how shitty life they had over there, which is why most of them moved here in the first place!

This is why republicanism and colonies were a mistake,

>The Baltics are virtually indistinguishable except for a little bit of history

You should get highschool education dude, trust me its worth it.