What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lxjp2YIk798
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A great visual experience with a bit too jarring tonal shifts throughout the movie.

Were the shaman and the Jap actually working together?

The best horror movie this year, and in a long time

yep

The tonal shifts kinda threw me off, but I liked it. It starts out almost like a comedy. A lot of scenes are played for laughs and the main character is comically inept. The scene where the daughter catches them having sex seemed pretty out of place, but I guess that's just to establish the relationship between them a bit better.

I kinda figured this when the trunk full of pictures fell out of the shaman's car at the end, but what about when the shaman was doing the death ritual and the Jap was also performing some kind of ritual? I thought the shaman was clearly trying to kill the Jap, and it appeared to be working, until the main guy interrupted him.

That was my original interpretation as well, but I found some stuff online and

he was actually trying to kill the protection spell that the lady in white had placed on the daughter. I think the Japanese guy was imitating the same procedure not to counter the shaman, but to build and control the zombie that was in the car, and later attacked the protagonist of the story, but it was too overwhelming for him (?)

But, I agree withIn terms of best horror movie of the year. I was really immerse with the movie.

Ah, makes sense. That would be why the daughter was writhing about while the rituals were taking place. I thought the Jap was doubling down on his possession of the daughter because he felt the shaman's ritual taking place./spoiler] Which, thinking about it in the context you posted, is exactly what they wanted you to think. Touche, Korea.

The movie was great, it took me about a half hour or so to really get invested in it, but it's a good slow burn, and the last 20 minutes had me on the edge of my seat.

This and The Witch are two of my favorite horror/suspense movies to come out in the last few years.

youtu.be/lxjp2YIk798

the summary and interpretation of the film

>Korean movie where the only Jap in the film is literally satan

Ok.

Koreakino

I know this is 4chins, but come on, user. Spoiler tag that bad boy.

Korean are racist towards Japanese [/spoilers] user

same with the Chinese [/spoilers] user

It made sense.

i thought it was okay for this movie because it was so obvious at first (japs are the bad guys) so we naturally didnt expect it was him until the last scene. the major plot of the film was is it him or not

A creepy father feeling up his daughter while she slept

dude the japanese are evil lmao xD: the movie

I can see why discussion of film is dead.

If the jap was a demon why was he crying and scared when the group went after him?

If the ghost was good why did she tell the father to wait outside while his daughter murdered his family?

If the spellcaster was bad why did he run from the jap man and why was he attacked by the birds?

The movie clearly is meant to be a think piece on perspective. There are far to many contridictions within the film for any one perspective to be correct. Even at the end the only reason the jap turned into a demon was because as he said, thats how the man saw him. Every action taken in the film can be seen as both a good thing or a bad thing, or both. Perspective.

The Witch was fine. I didn't enjoy it as much as the Wailing though.

The Japanese guy's pain was caused by God, the Woman in White

But what about the mushroom tonic thing? what if DUDE THEY WERE JUST HIGH THE WHOLE TIME LMAO?

The Jap crying when the group went after him could've had something to do with the fact that the ghost chick was lurking around during the chase. Can't say 100%, but she seemed to be pretty powerful.

The ghost girl told him to wait, because she had some kind of herb shit hanging above the gate (she said it was a trap) that would, presumably, stop the Jap from possessing the daughter. But when the dad ran into the house, the herb shit whithered up.

I don't recall the shaman running from the Jap, but my memory might just be shit.

he didnt run away from the jap he ran away from the womyn. the birds were controlled by the evil spirit(not the jap) who was telling him to go back and finish the job(sacrifice the family)