The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) contains ~20% of Canada's entire population

The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) contains ~20% of Canada's entire population.

Say something nice about the GTA.

Other urls found in this thread:

statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/demo05a-eng.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It acts as a containment zone for all the first-generation immigrants

qt somali gfs

it acts as a rube repellent

me on the far right

its a shithole and i want out

Oshawa or Peterborough? Either way, I'm so sorry.

So which of Canada's 20 biggest urban areas are the best?

>RANK - METRO AREA - POPULATION (2017 STATISTICS CANADA ESTIMATE)

>1. Toronto-Hamilton-Oshawa, Ontario - 7,414,700
>2. Montréal, Quebec - 4,093,800
>3. Vancouver-Abbotsford, British Columbia - 2,735,500
>4. Calgary, Alberta - 1,469,300
>5. Edmonton, Alberta - 1,392,600
>6. Ottawa-Gatineau, Ontario-Quebec - 1,351,100
>7. Winnipeg, Manitoba - 811,900
>8. Québec City, Quebec - 807,200
>9. Kitchener-Cambridge-Waterloo-Guelph, Ontario - 673,300
>10. London, Ontario - 512,400

>11. Halifax, Nova Scotia - 425,900
>12. St. Catharines-Niagara Falls, Ontario - 411,700
>13. Victoria, British Columbia - 370,900
>14. Windsor, Ontario - 340,300
>15. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - 315,200
>16. Regina, Saskatchewan - 247,200
>17. St. John's, Newfoundland - 217,500
>18. Sherbrooke, Quebec - 215,600
>19. Barrie, Ontario - 205,000
>20. Kelowna, British Columbia - 198,300

It should be nuked.

I was born there (Mississauga), and my family had their roots in and about the GTA and Hamilton, dating back to Confederacy. But we had to leave. My old private school is now an Islamic school. My old neighborhood housed a terrorist with links to Al-Qaeda a few years after I left. I returned a couple years ago when I was visiting a friend at UofT, going to the same 341 Pizza as always and stopping by a couple regions I remembered. I was on the verge of tears.

I now live in beautiful Kelowna with no regrets.

peterborough

Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary are all fine for their size. I'd say Vancouver is best for the yuppie or hipster crowd, while Calgary is the best big city for raising a family. Quebec City is quite nice but you can't get by with English. London is alright but a bit more blue collar, rougher, and has a Detroit vibe in some areas. Halifax is cool, but no jobs. Victoria is picturesque. St. John's is like travelling to another country, very cozy. And Kelowna is great as well, particularly for seniors who want to be near the vineyards, boating, and buy fresh fruit from the local farmers.

Source? Because how in the Hell is Barrie counted as 205 000? Barrie has a population of 140 000, which is already spread out. Unless it's counting every single neighbouring city (some of which are over 100km away), it makes less than no sense.

And Toronto-Hamilton-Oshawa? Holy shit, that's the entire Golden Horseshoe! That's hundreds of kilometres along the waterfront, counting tens of separate cities and towns. Sure, the GTA is it's own blob of "tumor on Toronto proper" cities, but the rest? Fuck off with that.

Count a single city or it's distinct metro area, not an entire corridor.

literally the biggest homeless shelter in canada. entire street full of homeless shelters.

we have so many in the core downtown region imo, which is why toronto is almost san-francisco tier filled with crazy homeless people.

i've been attacked by high homeless people 3 times total and saw people shitting weekly while walking home at midnight imo.

i'll be leaving it for ottawa, feelsbadman

I believe the source is from here:

statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/demo05a-eng.htm

>Sudbury, (Northern) Ontario
>ranked 29th with 161,531 pop.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_100_largest_municipalities_in_Canada_by_population

Where does your city rank?

Fuck toronto

hamilton lol, so like top 20.

its so painful living here since its mostly suburban and there is absolute fuck all to do. its generic day-in-day-out kinda place that i hate.

toronto/montreal/ottawa are the only places where you can do something different or new every night imo. i really miss living in a dense city.

It makes for a easy, condensed target if we ever finally decide enough is enough with these fucking non-whites and faggy liberals infesting our country

>Newmarket, Ontario
>ranked 69th with 84,224 pop.
Eh, could be worse.

>so like top 20
Hamilton is the 10th largest city in the country, user.

That's a beautiful street

where do you live?

i bet its going to be an irrelevant shithole m8.

yeah, its the most utterly boring, godawful city (t. born and raised). its like people just exist in parallel and doesn't feel like living in an actual city.

>bramladesh is the 9th largest city in canada

>muh relevance
Yeah man no matter how many Pakis and Indians take over your city its all a-okay because at least your still relevant, right?

Have fun with that, buddy

Seems like a really cool multicultural city :)

you sound incredibly bitter and butthurt. why do i care if a person i pass on the street or is my neighbor paki or indian?

literally 0 relevance to me because i associate with close friends and don't need to be friends with every person i see.

not everyone is triggered all the time by everything like a tumblrina like you are m8.

absolutely is (downtown toronto). you can walk down the street and eat at literally every single continent type of food. you can also do things like go to a portugese bakery for bread, japanese cheescake place for deserts, go to a jewish deli for meats and so-on and make spot on food.

>Uncle Tetsu's

Meme place, but you're not wrong. There's a Philippine food stall by Kensington Market that's absolutely amazing.

>Regent Park

Absolute shithole. Can't wait for Ryerson and the gays to buy that all up and rebuild it.

GTA IS NOT CANADA

OH LOOK AT ME, I'M CANADIAN
>lives in gta
OH LOOKY HERE BUD LETS GO OUT FER A RIP EH
IM SO CANADIAN
>half pakistani
>half arab
LOOK HOW CANADIAN I AM EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN GTA

usa please annex gta
theyre literally just US-pakistani rape babies