GUITARISTS OF Sup Forums

how long did it take for you to become good enough to not use a capo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/11HzU6LCEvY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol u probably suck at playing with a capo don't you

I have never used a capo.

youtu.be/11HzU6LCEvY
Already surpassed Paco, huh OP?

I have never used one--rather than taking shortcuts and cheating my way through guitar practice, I learned alternate tunings and different chord voicings

op can’t afford to get locking tuners so this is how he feels better about himself with all of his dumbass alternate tunings

>I am so rich I can afford to spend $10 for a capo
wew lad

I only used a capo when I was learning “Feeling This” by Blink 182.

You clearly ask for validation just because you recently can do barre chords, fucking soyboy

way to completely ignore literally the only point of my post

work on your b8 retard

there are things that literally can't be played without capos and alternate tunings, you goofy fools

I feel that capo is more or less only useful if there is a vocalist involved or if you are making a cover of a song in a weird tuning. I'm not saying that it's useless, far from that, but I've used it maybe 5 times in my 15 years of playing guitar, so your question is a bit odd.

Capos are a tool, not some sort of handicap. You can't play Thick as a Brick or On Horseback properly without a capo.

i've been playing for years but i still use a capo. i don't see the problem with them.

I actually don't use tuning pegs or frets, I just find the perfect notes to play by ear every time I pick up my guitar, you're a fucking pleb OP

everyone above me and below me is baited

if you can't be good without a capo, you will never be good with one.

Yeah, that Paco fella was a hack.

work on yours, locking tuners are only good for those ho don't have 4 minutes of free time.

>what is a tremolo bar
do you even know what a guitar is user

because alternative tunings totally aren't cheating

do you even understand what a capo does musically? Or do you just want to play easy barre chords. paco could have easily been a genius on an "open" string guitar.

I have a fundamentally different musical philosophy from you. It is ok to obtain slightly """"untuned"""" strings from using a tremolo bar.

Jesus Christ, I was trying to point to out that Paco did play without a capo. And that he didn't automatically acquire skill when he played with it. Also:

>slightly
t. non instrument player

no it's not you troglodyte, being in tune isn't just something tuner manufacturers made up

every song you like isn't perfectly tuned... sorry mr. non-instrument player.

t. retard

1 year my man

implying I don't listen to just intonated sine wave music

I KNOW, being in tune is mathematical etc etc, however being ever so slightly out of tune literally isnt a big deal. Why are you so scared of dissonnance?

dissonance should always be intentional, a conscious decision on the performer's part, not something you leave in because you're too fucking lazy to turn a few pegs

Like i said earlier, we have diffferent philosophies of music. the instrument should speak for itself, not some arbitrary human definition.

t. someone trying to market their laziness as artistic direction

this

Not tuning your guitar is only cool if your name is Lou Reed, or William Reid

I tune my guitar up when I do't like it. God damn. I dont even use a tremolo bar.

end of the day it's about writing a song and it can be a helpful tool so why wouldn't you use one

you’re still a faggot no matter what you do with the guitar that you cannot play and do not own

so you can brag on Sup Forums about something that makes no sense and is completely and totally unimpressive because you have literally nothing else to brag about

In fact, you actually get a better sound on an acoustic guitar using a capo than using all barre chords.

Acoustic guitars are more suited to open voicings where you can play around with hammer ons/pull offs

>you’re still a faggot no matter what you do with the guitar that you cannot play and do not own
1. I own a guitar
2. My gf likes when i play
3. I told you why we disagree, yet you havent even addressed this and you still act like a fag.

Strong contender for the worst guitar thread of the year

this desu

yeah nick drake was a shit guitarist

t. faggot pretender

Either bait or really dumb