When does it get good?

When does it get good?

It gets worse after S1. So if you still aren't enjoying it, you never will.

It doesn't unless all you watch is capeshit and post ont umblr

>S2 is the best season in ANY series
>it gets worse
Goodbye Reddit

I'M STILL ANGRY AT THIS WHAT THE FUCK WE'RE THEY DOING

S1: Great
S2: SHIT
S3: STEAMING SHIT

The first few episodes of this show were fucking great. What went wrong? Pandering to tumblr? Pandering to pseudo-intellectuals?

Somewhere around Season 1, Episode 1.

stop trying to turn turn this into a meme

Hello IMDB

Hmm it seems an actual good show isn't for you, my man. You might want to go watch a normie shit flick.

Hannibal is beloved by geeks, who are like normies but worse.

Kind of agree. A few episodes in and only Mads' scenes are compelling, and they're not as frequent as i'd like. Will's kind of grating. The direction's nice.

Well then those geeks have good taste, because it's honestly a really good series.

>stranger things fan
hahaHAHAHAHAAHahah

Wait until they make Will and a bunch of annoying women the main characters, and give Hannibal literal omniscient godlike power so he barely has any scenes on his own.

>show about mass murderer
>suddenly there are dozens of mass murderers out on the loose every week because otherwise no plot
mads acting carried but the rest was weak. even the visuals were uninspired.

>tumblr fetishizes something
>"we must signal against it now"
faggots

Hannibal is great. Even the first half of season 3 is better than most things on TV right now.

It's strongly implied that the show takes place in an alternate universe, where people are more evil, murder is more common, and some people (like Hannibal) have superhuman powers.

It's the only way to explain the fucking abstract shit that happens in S3.

>doesn't even know what mass murderer means

in the trash it goes

>>It's strongly implied that the show takes place in an alternate universe, where people are more evil, murder is more common, and some people (like Hannibal) have superhuman powers.
no. there is no proof of this. the psychedelic sequences are meant to demonstrate will's deteriorating mental state

The great red Dragon story arc was pretty amazing as well.

Season 2 is the only one worth watching

Season 3

>doesn't know what mass murderer is
>criticizes others for failing to use his misguided definition
lmaoing@u

It's implied several times that Hannibal is God or Satan (or both)

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that the FBI serial killer division focuses so much time on finding serial killers. They should be chasing down people jerking off the drawings of underage Simpsons characters instead.

Yes, this is a thing they actually do.

Dang you sure got me bro heheHaHEHEHE

only in will's mind
his only power is his psycho mind reading which unrealistic but not supernatural in the story

yeah, and they just get all this work every week with hot new serial killers with strange and colorful personalities. it's a good thing they had this mysterious streak of murderers, or else will won't have a job to do and nobody would appreciate how good he is at catching killers.

I dont know if its ever implied, but I always thought the same thing.

>the visuals were uninspired.
Kill yourself.

The way people were being murdered was flat out supernatural. The show is operating on fairy tale logic.

This was something I didn't get. Why not just show Hannibal killing, interacting with Will and the police and so on?

The whole killer-of-the-week was pretty weird. Though some were neat.

Why is he so handsome? No homo

What makes you think every episode of the show occurs during simultaneous weeks? It could be months between cases.

Also mass murderers are a lot more common than I think you realize. Are all of them cartoonish art murderers like in Hannibal? Of course not. The show is purposefully fantastical.

ugh uninspired
looks like any other episode of the big bang theory

boring

call me when there's a talking dog drinking a martini and a funny gay baby
ugh

>cherry picking the only good looking scene in 3 seasons
well done lad

and yes, hannibal is supposed to be a force of nature like chigurh from no country for old men or tom cruise from collateral, or mad max from fury road. you're not supposed to know how he did the killings only imagine, it's like folk lore don't try to make it logical by inventing bullshit like he's God or satan.

>>What makes you think every episode of the show occurs during simultaneous weeks? It could be months between cases.
Because then personal relationships wouldn't develop and people would lose interest in Will.

>Also mass murderers are a lot more common than I think you realize.
no u

I'll never understand how this board shits on so much other shit but loves this
>unnecessary overuse of slow mo
>killer of the week structure
>Will has near magical powers
>Hannibal can do all kinds of shit like planting a tree with a person in it in the middle of a parking lot without leaving a single shred of evidence
>unnecessary overuse of surreal imagery with no substance
>shitty cringy dialogue about teapots and whatnot
>just simply a fuckton of shark jumping

I have a question for people here that don't like Hannibal. Do you like anything? Are you capable of enjoying things?

>>cherry picking the only good looking scene in 3 seasons
>Microsoft screensaver tier trash
>good looking

i enjoyed the first season, but it got boring fast with random serial killers and no real development between the characters
>let's try to catch hannibal
>oops we failed
>but did we really try to catch him? dun dun dun
and every episode is like 5 hours i can't sit through it if i'm not genuinely engaged

Yes. I've only read one of the Hannibal books and I enjoyed it, I also enjoyed the movies, I even like surrealism. But the series is just a salad with all of these things thrown together that simply don't work well. There are times when the show is really good and there are times when I'm rolling my eyes at how bad it is.

>Are you capable of enjoying things?
yeah, Deadwood and Sopranos

wtf is this childish logic, grow up

>deadwood and sopranos

Whats the joke here, user?

these two shows and the wire are the three most boring safe selections for fags that don't want to debate or have any real meaningful disscusions about TV

yes they are great shows but there have been more before and after they were released.

be more original

people liked it as it was airing here.

not sure why everyones being so contrarian.

What are you even saying?
>You're right, they're great, but uh, still, fuck u!

Season 4 never:the show

that people who dont want to debate that the shows they like are good will literally let imdb do it for them,is shawshanks also your favorite film?

>shawshanks
Pretty good movie, what's the problem m8? Too popular for you, hipster piece of shit?

I enjoy it too but just because its above average doesnt mean its my favorite film.

it was always good. if you don't like it for based mads' performance, then you're a fag

i will never stop believing. someday...

gayyyyyyyyy

Episode 1 you pleb.

Correction:

S1: Amazing
S2: Even more amazing
S3: PURE FUCKING KINO

is that a white trevor noah

>implying the show has ever tried to have an ounce of realism

Just let yourself go with it man, you enjoy it a lot more when you realise what it is.

If you suspend your disbelief its pretty great.

Like yes, the idea of some guy that fantasizes about being an animal and builds some sort of suit to do it is silly.

But the show itself looks GREAT and the cast and acting is great as well.

/ourguy/

No one acknowledge those sick digits?

It's the same as Dexter never running out of serial killers for himself to chase down. Each season has several of them. It's supposed to be for entertainment only. Television will almost never be realistic because it must be entertaining, and any one man's day to day is anything but entertaining.

mason was semi realistic imo

I thought the style over realism worked really well in Hannibal since it was a show about insanity.

Never.

Watched the first 10 episodes and felt like it was the biggest waste of TV time ever.

It's like any random CSI show with more gore during the crime scene parts. That's it

half of the shots look like some shitty Instagram filter

it got better with each season.

JUST

never

this is a good example of the idiots who watch the show.

an air filter lets air through and filters out dust, a pleb filter lets plebs through and filters out patricians

this show being a pleb filter means only plebs enjoy it

True, but the novels with Hannibal Lecter are spaced years apart, as opposed to the show, where it's maybe a month or two at most between episodes.It's unrealistic that the FBI makes that much headway with catching any of the ~49 active serial killers in the US at any given time, regardless of what kind of autistic savant they have consulting the cases. The point I'm making is that any villain of the week type series is going to need to lack realism in order to tell the story they want to. Unless they wanted to age the characters several years between episodes.

this, the third season is kino

there werent that many,some of them were hannibal framing people.

also there was an 8 month gap between 2 and 3.

unironically you just know

Your post is literally the definition of a subreddit

** Literally unironically objective opinion coming in **

it's consistently good except for the procedural filler episodes that were occasionally thrown in.

post the fucking lesbian sex kaleidoscope webm already

Nah I ain't gonna do it

trash tier