livingdna.com/en-eu
quora.com/Which-tools-can-be-used-to-analyze-23andMe-raw-data
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogical_DNA_test
businessinsider.com/best-dna-test-23andme-vs-ancestry-2016-11
livingdna.com/en-ca
nanalyze.com/2017/05/ancestrydna-23andme-livingdna-familytreedna/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ooga booga you neandertal.

on a side note, mind posting the list of genes/variants you have from neandertals? i study genetics and only the useful genes ended up surviving because the irrelevant ones were washed away by how many humans there were (IE the genes that allows tibetans/andeans to have better oxygen capacity and breath in mountains better than everyone else is neandertal in origin)

>people are unironically proud of having Neanderthal ancestors.

Yet you use sub-human as a fucking insult.

american subhuman

i am grek. you will never be grek, greks have everything.

Height. A bit taller on average.

Americans are subhuman and boring

Just found out my grandad's related to this guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_O'Farrell

I am Greek.

yeah that allele controls all 0.1 inches taller. height is notoriously tricky because there's like 1000 genes involved and most are influenced by childhood/maternal nutrition.

what's your body build like? do you have a huge torso and wide/stout/thick body? that's the classical neandertal look since they were much more strongly built than us.

also share more i want to see.

this might be a dumb question but if i get my brother to take this test would he get the same results i would? or very similar?

just another random question. are you good at seeing at low-light conditions, and generally good at inquisitive/puzzle/logical stuff? supposedly they were better hunters and more specialized for hunting than we were so they developed a mind with similar traits as people with aspergers (logical, intuitive, good at processing information and deduction).

Why did we manage to defeat the Neanderthals? If they're built better than us?

Better brain capacity?

maybe some traits but then again probably not many.

example, both you parents have two different sets for every gene. when they mix up you have a random chance of inheriting two of these, either both from your mom, or both from your dad or one from either.

a good chance is that you share 2 similar genes and have 2 different genes from your brother for every kind of gene.

I might be wrong, but I thought you also had a change to inherit your grandparents genes?

Wew.

Know only that my grandmas father was german but she never told me anything about him as he died when she was very young.

Also i have some swedish ancestors along the line.

they had smaller social groups, IE they maxed out 40 people and humans maxed out at 200. but they also ate 5000 calories a day and needed to hunt mammoths and big-game to survive while humans got by with 1500-2000 calories. this is because their bones were nearly 2-3x thicker than us since they tackled deer and shit.

i also doubt their population ever was the size of humans imo to begin with imo so the actual percentage of 98-2 might also reflect population size when they got absorbed.

yeah your mom or dad has one or two of their genes. 4 grandparents = 8 gene copies which means 1/8 chance though.

Fairly average/normal. Maybe a bit "sturdier looking".

>are you good at seeing at low-light conditions
Yes, but it's hard to say how I compare to the average...

>generally good at inquisitive/puzzle/logical stuff
Yes.

>supposedly they were better hunters and more specialized for hunting than we were so they developed a mind with similar traits as people with aspergers (logical, intuitive, good at processing information and deduction
Interesting.

Nice. Were they White or Red?

If you have no neanderthal ancestry you are literally a nigger

>filename
Kek

yeah neandertals had much bigger visuo-spatial brain areas than us because they hunted in low-light arctic conditions which is why its protruding backwards. inuit people have about 20% bigger brains in these areas imo since they had to survive in low-light conditions, and i suspect other people who's ancestors lived in the arctic are similar like finns and northern siberians.

forgot to attach. they had bigger brains, bigger skulls like pic related.

Nice.

What's the best memedna test?

23andMe is probably the best. Most features.

Apparently LivingDNA is good.

Which one won't make clones of me?

Both might t b h.

this is the important question

From a Sup Forums perspective LivingDNA is better (I don't think it's owned by Jews like 23andme is) but I think it also comes down to what you want out of the test. Like the Swede said, 23andme has the most features and is the right choice if you want info on Neanderthal percentage, chance of developing certain health conditions, things like that. LivingDNA on the other hand is better if you're interested in haplogroups. As for actual ancestry, no test can really be perfect and variation between tests can be quite significant from what I have heard, so it's probably worth doing more research on this area if it is your main focus.

>LivingDNA
Looks very interesting.

livingdna.com/en-eu

Not sure if I want to know anything about my health
So livingdna is better if I want to know where I actually come from?

i haven't done any testing but when you get your genes tested you can plug in the info to any random number of sites to get cool info about it. 23 and me is probably the better known imo and its useful and used in science journals to discover shit like which genes cause a disease and so-on.

>23 and me is a jewish conspiracy

don't get how Sup Forums can pretend to be experts in genetics when they are easily the most ignorant group.

Well in terms of paternal ancestry, apparently it's better. But for the typical ancestry breakdown by region, I can't really comment. There are arguments for and against each one, so I'd say just do more research if this is your main interest.

they should be the exact same going from the websites. 23and me is compatible with a bunch of random analytic programs and seems very reputable.

example
quora.com/Which-tools-can-be-used-to-analyze-23andMe-raw-data

I never said that it was a Jewish conspiracy, hence why I started off with "From a Sup Forums perspective".

It was founded by Anne Wojcicki, sister of Susan, who owns Youtube. Both are Jews. ...Oh, and Anne was also married to Google co-founder (((Sergey Brin))).

actually for your specific goal I think ancestry site might be better. scroll all the way to the bottom, it might provide a more thorough sequencing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogical_DNA_test

honestly wiking her right now although whether or not she's jewish imo is irrelevant.

first, do you understand the difference between a CEO and an owner? an owner owns stock and appoints CEO...

second, wiki tells me her dad is polish non-jew, and her parents were typical academia and not part of the rothschild group so this is irrelevant as fuck.

so youre saying jews shouldnt network with each others and wealthy jews shouldnt marry other wealthy jews. sounds reasonable and not mentally ill at all.

What should I see there?
(Mobileposting)

scroll all the way down, i think 23andme compares ancestry to the last 300 years whereas ancestry covers 1000s of years and more thorough because of that. IE they will tell you your 50-great grandpa and where he was from.

its also half the price apparently as 23andme.

yeah i can confirm 23andme is good medically and for personal use which is why i'm more familiar with it.

ancestryDNA is good for family history/geneology businessinsider.com/best-dna-test-23andme-vs-ancestry-2016-11

Thanks, will consider ancestry
So what does livingdna tell you then?

Not sure why you're dismissing LivingDNA so quickly. It's consistently rated highly among ancestry kit reviewers, especially in terms of paternal ancestry and value for money.

not dismissing it, i'm just googling it to see what kinda tests they perform and so-on.

no idea whats going on with livingdna since i can't really find their site.

livingdna.com/en-ca

yeah they sound essentially the same.

nanalyze.com/2017/05/ancestrydna-23andme-livingdna-familytreedna/

---

yes hello

Might take the livingdna then, because it seems ancestry requires some sort of subscription to access their database