Businessman performing inspection in construction site

>businessman performing inspection in construction site
>wears suit and tie with a hard hat

Do Americans really do this?

You're not supposed to enter a construction site without a hard hat.

Then why wear a suit and tie?

>character is an engineer
>automatically wears a hard hat

he's there for quick inspection, Sherlock.

Why does anyone ever wear a suit and tie when they are not comfortable and look rather absurd
They whole concept of business dress is ridiculous

Because he's a businessman

>the Boss turns up to inspect how his building is coming along
>"why isnt he dressed like a builder?"

dumb frogposter

Why is everyone in American movies/tv wearing suits with ties and jackets? I'm from Euroland and that whole thing is only for people who, you know, actually do important things and all, not the regular office plankton.

because movies and TV aren't representative of what people actually do

He's coming in from the office. Engineers don't have Carhart work clothes just on hand at the office if they need to check something out on site.

Americans like to feel like their job is important.

Think about it.

In the United States people go to university to get a shitty office job while, at least here in Estonia, an office job can be had without anything like that.

Next thing you'll hear that American fast food workers are wearing business casual clothes.

What about shoes in the house?

What fucking company makes engineers dress up like bankers?

you wear a hard hat to protect your head from anything that might fall retard. what does a tie do?

>what does a tie do?
It reminds you you're a corporate slave.

As someone who often visits construction sites in dress pants and a dress shirt, yes they do. They don't get dirty since they're mostly there to just look around and talk to people. Hell I probably do more hard work than most since I bring a theodolite with me, and I never get a speck of dirt on me anywhere.

okay, slob

Depends on the company. Lawyers and bankers often always wear suits, but many engineering firms just wear dress shirts - not all, but many.

Good bait m8 9/10

you look no less ridiculous in your suit and tie than 1700s people did in powdered wigs