Michael Bay truly is the shittiest blockbuster director around. The guy can't direct anything, not even fucking extras

Michael Bay truly is the shittiest blockbuster director around. The guy can't direct anything, not even fucking extras.

Or check out this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=pxrzhWiHQp4&feature=youtu.be&t=230

Constant aspect ratio switches, shaky cam, blurry cam, chases and crashes that look like making-of footage because the camera is far away and shows how planned the entire shot is, terrible cinematography leading to confusing shots of fast-paced action, etc. The guy should go back to directing commercials and music videos.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HHZPrShzdk
deadline.com/2012/05/michael-bays-name-helped-speed-paramount-settlement-of-injured-extras-transformers-3-lawsuit-277222/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8AO64JKx0
youtube.com/watch?v=65I1AMRFdGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>le michael bay is bad meme
go back

Was just watching Bay's kino The Island

Shut up Bay makes amazing scenes, just look at this preview for transformers 5

was it michael bay who popularized the saturated color filter look? i'm sure there are other movies that have done it first but he's done it consistently since The Rock in '96.

korean directors seem to love it and have done it since the early 2000s too.

Michael Bay doesn't even know the very basic structure of an action scene as is evident by all the Transformers movies. He knows nothing of build-up or tone or tension or payoff. Everything is just constant explosions and explosions and explosion with vomit inducing cinematography. Close-ups and shaky cam don't work when all your subjects are samey looking robots with barely defined shapes who explode into hundreds of tiny metal shards and pieces every time they are hit by something. He has no idea how to properly orchestrate an action scene of that kind and scale. Look at the final war in Avatar. Also huge scale action with tons of explosions and different smaller scenes within that huge action orchestra. Think of the movie what you want, but that war is perfectly done. You see everything, you know what and where things are happening. You know what the characters are doing. You have build-up and payoff, you have tension and release, you have emotional low and high points, you have clear outcome-defining moments, you have fantastic use of slow motion. There are no retarded dick or fart jokes thrown into the mix or other humor. That action is important to the outcome of the story. It means tension and seriousness. This is not the time for comic relief. It would interrupt the flow as well as the impact of the action beyond repair. Everything is done to perfection.
People who watch Bay for action eat shit out of Mexican public toilets for corn.

>Shittiest blockbuster director around
>Pic related
You have to go back

good post

holy fuck, could imagine being that guy who got crushed by the lamppost? that huge burst of adrenaline to pedal away from the moving car just to get slammed into the ground by that light. fuck

Michael Bay's Name Pushed Paramount To Settle Injured Extra's ‘Transformers 3’ Lawsuit

>A source tells Deadline that the lawsuit filed in October 2010 would have gone on longer if Michael Bay’s name hadn’t been thrown into the legal mix. But the possibility that the director and his Platinum Dunes production company suddenly were to be pulled in as defendants apparently lit a fire under Paramount to speed a settlement.

youtube.com/watch?v=-HHZPrShzdk

deadline.com/2012/05/michael-bays-name-helped-speed-paramount-settlement-of-injured-extras-transformers-3-lawsuit-277222/

go back to >>>/reddit/

"Pain & Gain" proved his directing credentials.

kek

>Analyses Bay considering only Transformers as basis
>thinks he's not a pleb

Lmao

>thinks Bay has made movies that are better than below average

pls

Pleb confirmed

FUCK that landed DIRECTLY on him. Goddamn that's unlucky.

What good movie has he made? Please don't say The Rock because that's garbage.

OPTIMUS NO!

Is this the final cut? There's no sound for the breaking glass.

Pain & Gain
Bad Boys 2

And you call others pleb?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>He doesn't like Pain & Gain
Stay mad.
In any case, whether you like any of his movies or not, directing blockbuster movies is about one thing, making money. Literally no one alive is as good as Bay at making money in hollywood.

Nice goalpost moving mate. Whether his movies make money or not, they are shit. Even if you only want to take money into account, Cameron, Jackson and Spielberg have him beat.

Except he has some good movies, too. You're just too pleb to realise it. Not everything has to be high art to be good.

Jesus Christ, I remember at least the Transformers looking good in this shit movies but now it looks like ILM isn't even trying

Both of those films suck ass.

Pain and Gain is just all of the shitty humor from his blockbuster films but without the special effects that get drooling chinks to watch them.

>"M.Bay is a bad director" meme
Nu-male or roastie detected:
youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8AO64JKx0
youtube.com/watch?v=65I1AMRFdGo

13 Hours is one of my favorite films of 2016.
Bad Boys II is good film.

the Rock while not really being what I love about Bay is a fun popcorn film with feels.

Pain and Gain is very good too.

I love P&G and 13 Hours for deconstructing narratives about beliefs related to America.

I think the Rock is mediocre, but my fucking GOD it has amazing start with the short summary of Ed Harris' character, the funeral the rain the mirrors in his desk its fucking amazing.

>that shower scene.
Absolute fucking kino. How can anyone deny this?

Actually that comes from music videos.

I love Armageddon so much. I watched it last night, I feel like watching it again tonight. I'll try not to and to watch something else instead but I can't make any promises

So can we agree that Bay is a great director and that OP is a fag?