>Paramount (Baywatch) and Warner Bros (Annabelle 2) immediately flee slot

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/dwayne-johnson-baywatch-memorial-day-1201934143/
dreadcentral.com/news/202642/annabelle-2-moves-summer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Run"... seems apt

What about "Cum"?

>alien bursts through vagina instead of chest

50 mil opening. struggling to get to 100 mil total because it's just as bad as prochoicius

>he didn't like Prometheus

Delusional. This one's using the "Alien" name, that means something

>liking modern Scott films

Hi lebbit

is may a good month to release movies?
idk im bad a t movies.
is this a good or bad sign?

Ridley Scott needs to be put down

Is this a remake/reboot or a sequel/prequel?

Who the fuck knows or cares anymore

Sequel to Prometheus, with 2 more films between Covenant and Alien '79

>2 more films
Gotta love that confidence.

how did they manage to make a girl I've fapped to (Inherent Vice) so unattractive in Fantastic Beasts? Was it magic?

Ridley Scott seems to be more of a fluke director, he's only good when he manages to attach himself to people who are good. Most of his films are just kinda shit and he has too much of a boner for spectacle.

she was supposed to look plain and awkward

He used to be my favourite director, Alien, Gladiator, but he's an old dog who's gone rabbid, biting everything in site, ruining everything good, your memories of tainted

Like I said, put him down

"Run"

>Annabelle 2

What the fuck?

The last one was a decent hit. Why not make another one?

She needs the drool dripping out of her mouth

You seem like the kind of person who got pissed that the Engineers weren't elephant aliens.

I hope Ridley is a head in a jar still making films 100 years from now.

may has always been a month where large amounts of movies release.

>You seem like the kind of person who got pissed that the Engineers weren't elephant aliens.

You seem like the kind of person who got pissed that the Engineers weren't alien.

Fixed.

>Paramount (Baywatch) and Warner Bros (Annabelle 2) immediately flee slot
Is this legit?

The movie will be lucky if it makes 200 mil.

Will it play in China?

Beginning of the summer blockbuster season, doofus

Yeah
Paramount decided they'd rather put their most important non-Transformers blockbuster up against Disney's new Pirates than Alien
variety.com/2016/film/news/dwayne-johnson-baywatch-memorial-day-1201934143/

Annabelle 2 moved 3-4 days ago. Doesn't make sense to launch a small horror movie the same day an Alien movie comes out.
dreadcentral.com/news/202642/annabelle-2-moves-summer/

WB also moved their Alien ripoff Life up to March from its original May 26 release date, ostensibly because of Pirates but more likely because they would rather come out before the franchise they're ripping off rather than immediately after.

is this a prequel of a prequel? explain please

Prometheus -> Alien: Covenant -> Covenant 2 -> Covenant 3 -> Alien -> Aliens -> ((Alien3 -> Alien Resurrection) OR Blomkamp's Alien 5)

>alien 5 and 6
>neill blomkamp

what?

There are things to like about it... but overall it was a colossal fuck-up and a wasted opportunity.

dude... the crew were retards

When Blomkamp is done with The Gone World amd Sigourney is done with her scenes for the Avatar sequels, they're supposed to be making a torch-passing (to Newt) sequel that wipes Alien3 and Resurrection out of continuity.

I don't think of it as a wasted opportunity at all, in fact I think it was pretty clever.

You should check out AVP 2 then

The history of human exploration is rife with expeditions that went tits-up because of retards who fucked everything up. The crew being idiots is honestly the most realistic part of Prometheus.

> they're supposed to be making a torch-passing (to Newt) sequel that wipes Alien3 and Resurrection out of continuity.

Juno temple would be a good choice to play Newt.

>I don't think of it as a wasted opportunity at all, in fact I think it was pretty clever.
>I think it was pretty clever.
>clever

It was the antithesis of clever. It was from the standpoint of a scientific odyssey, laughable; as an adventure movie, it's overly didactic. i guess it's a horror film, but then they fuck that up with the stupid zombie shit, which is so dumb it literally throws you out of the movie, while you wonder what the fuck you're watching. The plot is damaged from editing, with nonsensical bridging and characters either having omniscient knowledge of events they never witnessed, or baffling lack of awareness to things that should be obvious. Not-Ripley runs around with a stapled stomach for over 30 minutes.

You can say I'm being autistic, but the movie has so many mistakes in story, in editing, and in basic logic that it's hard to appreciate as a whole. I can only enjoy facets of it. like Fassbender's David, or the visual design. It's a great-LOOKING film, it's got an OK score. But I felt like it failed to do what it set out to. Hopefully Covenant is better.

She also has no problem with nudity so I am all for this.

>It was from the standpoint of a scientific odyssey, laughable
Nobody cares how your space science mission to find god would go, buddy. Why is it so hard to believe that a giant corporation wouldn't have the most rigorous scientific standards for a lark of a mission based on a map some crackpots found in a cave that only the really old guy cares about?

> i guess it's a horror film
Prometheus is firstly and foremostly a pastiche of B-grade sci-fi from the 50s and 60s. The original Alien was a grimdark interpretation of those movies, specifically It! The Terror from beyond Space, and the joke is that an Alien prequel would be a hokey B-movie. Prometheus is more of a comedy than anything else.

>Prometheus is more of a comedy than anything else.
yes, an unintentional comedy

Hmm, I am watching a movie with a goofy tone, a production design and script modeled after goofy sci-fi pictures from the 50s, and there is a noticeable pattern in which characters that you would expect to be competent are actually fools.

It must be a serious movie that got fucked up!

>characters that you would expect to be competent are actually fools.
There's nothing comedic about the way that is handled, it just looks like poorly written plotting, characterization or editing. And the movie does not have a goofy tone at all, it has a very somber and overly serious tone for the most part.

Did we watch the same movie? the same movie where two scientists put on mad scientist outfits and reanimate a dead alien head with electricity only for it to scream and explode?

Are you sure that you're not just retarded?

I think if you ask most people who saw it if they thought Prometheus was intended to be a goofy madcap sci-fi comedy, 99% would say no. So perhaps you are wrong here.

yolandi would be a better newt

she's a terrible actress though

She can't act though.

Also Juno sort of already knows Ridley so that gives her a more of a chance for the role.

So what is its plot about?

The thing that frustrates me more is to see the potential the movie had and how much they wasted it.

>Headed toward a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew members of the colony ship Covenant discover what they believe to be an uncharted paradise, but it is actually a dark, menacing world in which the only inhabitant is the synthetic David (Michael Fassbender), a survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

>he didn't understand Prometheus

That's your fault simpleton, not the film's.

Look at them.

You just know.

What the shit? I thought this was about the woman and the android's head travelling to the engineers' home planet. When the FUCK are we getting that? This reads like the same fucking plot of the first one

>I thought this was about the woman and the android's head travelling to the engineers' home planet
This happened, but between the two films. The crew of the Covenant will be stumbling into the aftermath of whatever happened between Shaw, David and the Engineers.