Is he the best Brazilian player since Pele?

Is he the best Brazilian player since Pele?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KeAMfv1RJjs
youtube.com/watch?v=g9IYfaLVr5k
youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw
youtube.com/watch?v=O0iS_l4r5sQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pelle?
I guess

Ronaldo was miles better Pele tbqh

>Robinho Mk. II

If you look at the skills, maybe.
If you look at the career, no.

I don't even think he's Rivaldo tier yet. Not to mention R9 and GOATdinho

>I have 12 and for me Ronaldo is a portuguese player

pls kill yourself to death

In terms of attacking players he's behind Zico, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Kaka in the post-Pele era. Some would say Romario too

R9 objectively never dominated against European competition like CR7 did.

He did for a brief moment. But his legs couldn't keep him at the top.

And Cristiano never dominated international competition like Ronaldo did

lol

How can you compare early 2000's Brazil with mid-2010's Portugal? Jesus.

CR7 never played with Rivaldo and Ronaldinho either

And Ronaldo never played in a club side as stacked or dominant as the Real Madrid team of the last 4 years

Galaticos?

>The Memeticos.
>The 0defenseticos.

No balance, no stability, no depth. The galacticos, especially after the 02/03 season, were a mess of a team. Not at all comparable to the super teams of the 2010s so far.

At the end of his career He will be the best Brazilian player except Pele.

Ronaldinho,ronaldo,romario,rivaldo,pic related

>has been good for just 3 years
>carried by Messi in his club career
>scored 95% of his goals for Brazil in friendlies and other meaningless games

He's got a long way to go before he's considered in that tier, and he's already showing signs of a decline

>carring his national team and without messi in his club team
>other his senior good player(Ronaldinho CR9 KAKA) was only good at lease 3 years.

They weren't just good, they were the best players in the world. Neymar isn't even the 2nd best forward in his club

we're discusing brazilian GOATS, not ronaldos
Neymar is not even near Ronaldo

did you see who was doing the bulk of the work when Messi was injured for months 2 seasons ago and puBarca on his back? Did you see who orchestrated the remontada? a bulk of the game winning goals also came off his assists last season. you're really underrating Neymar here.

>scored 95% of his goals for Brazil in friendlies and other meaningless games
His ratio in competitive games (0.62) is almost the same. Had he played only competitve games and no friendlies at all, with this ratio he would problably have like 4 goals less, kek.

>carried by Messi in his club career
He's not suited to Barca's game and vice versa. He should have gone to Real imo.

>has been good for just 3 years
Again, Barca is killing his game and vice versa.

Neymar will be longer career than them

I'm sorry but i really don't see how neymar is that great or even very good. He's an extremely unbalances player and he's not really that good at what he does. Not to mention how unprofessional the guy is and how costly his acquisition has been for Barcelona

He is. He just can't play positional game.

He's a terrific player, and in terms of skills probably a world top5. The problem is that he's more a showman than an efective player like CR7 or Messi, he might be very good dribbling but then he makes the wrong pass and so on. Also in Barcelona he has only taken the lead of the team in a couple of matches despite Messi is playing or not, this year only against PSG. Maybe it's true that FCB style doesn't fit him because with Brazil he's another player.

I followed his last year at santos, more specifically in la libertadores. The whole team played for him and he was apparently free to do as he pleased. Apart from very few and far apart bold dribbles against minor teams, he was not anything special. Against the uruguayans he really didnt do anything.
Also his constant fucking diving sucked

Is he that good at dribling though? I don't think he's di maria tier yet. Not to mention messi.
I probably exagerate, i don't think he's a bad player, i just don't see him as a good investment as he needs the whole team behind him

Are you serious? Every br would laugh about this statement. After Santos sold their whole team they were Granada-tier bar Nerman. Everyone would pass to him and hope he would come with something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=KeAMfv1RJjs
youtube.com/watch?v=g9IYfaLVr5k

After a while they weren't even trying anymore. Just finding 131516156 way to pass to Nerman in the same way he does with Messi now.

In terms of variety he's the best brazilian ever. And we are the land of dribbles, so you guess for yourself.

Yes, but relying on his speed while running with space. However in Barcelona he is forced to play in static positions close to the side line, he is only comfortable in counter attacks. I agree on the price though, overall in these 4 years he has not justified the investment (unknown btw), when in terms of salary he's as high as Leo which makes no sense at all.

I don't doubt that many brazilians would think i was joking. No offense but its been a long time gone since you star-struck the world with a team full of GOATs in the late 90s to early 00s. Neymar is imo a make-believe idol for lack of an actual star like dinho or ronaldo. I know you guys idolize him but be honest with yourself here.
By the way how does variety translates into the field?

Exactly, when they needed him as a wide poacher he was just what expected, but right now they could be better with a guy like Dembele (or even Pedro 2bh).

Watch his last games with us and you'll see for yourself m8 ^^

>Can'tdefenticos was a dominant team

How is Neymar a make believe idol wtf? You have an irrational hate for him.

R9
Ronaldinho
Kaka
There are the easiest 3 that were better than Neymar at some point.

>back then there were more clubs with more talent on them
>r7 plays with weak shit teams now that can easily be beat
>out of those weak teams there are only 4 or 5 good teams that are solid
>DOMINATES YUROOP

>no Rivaldo
>no Romario

Casual

I feel like Pele was a meme, its hard to tell how good those old players like Pele, Di Stefano, Eusebio, etc were since football wasnt such a money filled sport and they just played in their respective clubs and leagues. One league wasnt better than the other since there wasnt as many transfers happening, made it better desu, nowadays you know the real candidates to win the CL are a handful of clubs, back in the day any team that had quality could win it by mere effort and skill, nowadays its just money=wins.

Ever

>throw up a prefabricated opinion
>I feel like

Kek, cheers m8

youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw

Ronaldo was better than Pele. Just look at the videos.

>the first goal is a 3d animation

>The annihilator or Atletico

Pele debuto con un pibe

Reconstruction, just like they does with crime scenes. If you're feeling discomforted by it, well, bad news m8..

A few fancy dribbles against meme players is automatically being the best player ever...ok...

Brincar na areia não ganha jogos

Calm down, world. I'll just throw my prefabricated opinion here. WATCH OUT!

He's a globo esporte fabrication. Brazilians long for an actual footballer and deep inside know that neymar is not enough

>best player of his generation
>not enough

You're trying so bad to b8 that is pure joy right now

Let me repeat that
>the first goal is a 3d animation

Why do always say the same thing? So many people said what i said, thats fine, maybe its because theres some truth to it. Im not denying his quality or that he was one of the best and very likely the best at the time, but to compare him to modern players is like comparing apples to oranges. Tem calma Deyveson.

...and here we go again.

Football changes. History changes. Pelé was a genius in his time. He did things that many other players could have done but they didn't. You can't compare his play with present-day football though. The times have changed. You can only make a relativist analysis that goes like this: he was way much better than other players at his time than any other player in history was better than their other contemporaries. Now, if you don't agree with this, then ok. I respect your opinion. It just doesn't make sense to compare his time with other times.

>tfw when 3d animation would be the only chance of see your country winning a title

To the 2nd place it goes.

You've entered the realm of impossibility and ricolousness here but i'll try to bring you back: Neymar is not the best player his generation

Seems we are in agreement then

He didn't even play in 1962 and Brazil still won. He had to beg FIFA for a decade to retroactively award him the medal, otherwise he would have 2 just like Ronaldo (and Ronaldo happens to be infinitely better)

>says the country with 3 Jules Rimets

3 must be number of times we btfo you in finals back to back, am I right?

Not really, you contradicted yourself because earlier you DID compare older times with modern times.

>I feel like Pele was a meme, its hard to tell how good those old players like Pele, Di Stefano, Eusebio, etc were

Why is it hard to tell? You can see it by yourself in a lot of videos. They were much better than other players. They obviously wouldn't do good in modern football.

Stop false flagging, retard. At least warn him you're the same one he quoted.

Funny, cuz the first country to ever win it 3 times would get to keep it. And we did.

> implying Pele is anything short of a huge meme

What? I though it was obvious it was me.

>you aren't

Fuck. Fixed now.

Everyone looks good in Youtube videos, you can take some basic player from the 3rd romanian league, compile his best moments and make him look like Messi

youtube.com/watch?v=O0iS_l4r5sQ

Not everyone looks good on a WC match on Youtube. See Messi or Cristina for example ^^

Anyone looks good in a highlights reel no matter how bad they are. Neymar has tons of these edited videos and you could almost think he's not so bad a player

>that retard agenda against Nerman

LMAO. Find me a good highlights video on Messi/Cristina in a World Cup.

I'm waiting.

1. How many people watching the match on the stadium could be just as amazed at this basic Romanian player as there were hundreds who were at Pelé? Editing alone can give this false illusion of being good, I agree, but hundreds of eyewitnesses could not lie.

2. Maybe this basic Romanian player IS good but just couldn't go far because of many bureaucratic reasons.

I'm not even going to dignify that by humoring you huezilian, penaldo and messi are lightyears ahead of neymar in every sense

>again mentioning Nerman

Do you jerk off thinking about him every night? I didn't even mentioned him in the first post you quoted me, my dear spic.

You brought him up, so it's your thing. I was only mentioning Pele.

Both Pele and Neymar are nothing but marketing

Yep, they are. 100% agree.

Ok, fella. You are clearly the voice of reason. Millions of other people don't agree with you there though, so sorry, go cry somewhere else.

yes he is, and the best forward in his club is the best player of all time so don't see how it matters

besides messi and ronaldo, neymar is the only player i've seen sustain GOAT levels for at least a few months at a time. he's not as consistent as the top 2 but he's able to reach that level sometimes.

Pelé scored more goals in world cup finals than all spanish people in history put together.

>this many people responding to obvious b8

In English we use the verb "to be" to indicate age: eg. "I am 12 years old."

But yes, you're right. These fucking kids don't realize how amazing Ronaldo Luis was. Easily the best striker I've seen since 1994.

Diving is his biggest skill

and Gerd Muller had more than Pele in just two world cups and was two shy of his career total with one world cup. Pele is nowhere near the top

You're not old enough to be allowed on the internet OP.

>Ignoring Ronaldinho
>that fucking flag

We know for sure Pele was the best player of his era. Probably even the best up to the 80s

But we can never compare players from his era to players from the current one. They played almost two completely different sports. The ball was many times heavier then. And the refs much more permissive. You literally got your shit kicked, and they didnt have replays to save them so you wouldn't see those long term suspensions like Suarez's

>he rates pele