You know what I wonder is you just know every A lister got the script to this show so why would they pass and how did...

You know what I wonder is you just know every A lister got the script to this show so why would they pass and how did based jude know it was good

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!u94SlSpD!qz7me8g2gYh1ZwmsPtvAd1JsJU3ZqcJSlRjK0CnQ590
youtube.com/watch?v=6we2blItR4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't imagine this show working without Jude Law. It's completly tailored around his way of acting, looks and manerism.

He's the abnormal pope in a stereotypical Vatican.

Actually the show does several mistakes and could be improved but it's also has great qualities and a refreshing tone. Maybe because of the French production (french actress are completly bland though)

What are the mistakes if you don't mind me asking.

Also thought Sagnier did a good job desu.

I'm French and actress like Sagnier is soooo generic in modern french movies I don't even see them anymore.

As for the mistakes, it would be the difficulty keeping track of the passage of time (which is important when the main character is changing his mind over the course of so few episodes), the overusage of some music samples (it's not a fucking anime) and kind of "trying too hard" opening scenes in the pilot. They also easily discard some characters without giving an immediate explanation, which is unsettling.

Just watched the first ep. Loved it, but are there meant to be subtitles in the parts spoken in Italian?

Yes, there's no point to not understand the italian parts (while I can admit some movies gain to NOT have subtitles)

Yes mate.

I can't believe Sup Forums isn't more talking about this show. While not flawless, it's leagues beyong anything currently on air. It's also free of SJW bullshit and it's extremely original while being well acted with non-meme actors.

What the hell more do you want ?

Link with full subs and Italian parts only

mega.nz/#!u94SlSpD!qz7me8g2gYh1ZwmsPtvAd1JsJU3ZqcJSlRjK0CnQ590

I love the show but them using the same three or four tracks every fucking episode gets annoying quickly

Jude Law was an executive producer, so he was probably in on it very early.

>It's also free of SJW bullshit
You shouldn't be basing your opinions on shows/films based on this.

Apart from that I fully agree with you.

>It's also free of SJW bullshit
>the "super-conservative" advisor defends abortion until 3 months in pregnancy

lol this series is a joke

And the main character, also the pope, is still against it.

>the "super-conservative" advisor defends abortion until 3 months in pregnancy

Who the heck are you talking about, only person in the show to get pregnant was Esther

the pope was also against gays working for the church but by the end of the season he consciously invites a homosexual to be cardinal secretary of state
there's no reason to believe he won't go more and more to the left as the series continues, that's what happened throughout the whole season without you dumbass noticing it, it's just setting the stage for more

>cardinal secretary of state
No, to be his secretary. Also don't presume to know where the show is going. He's changing his mind because of events who can very well go to the other way. For exemple he claims he doesn't search for his parents anymore while it's clearly false by the end of the show, a realisation about his hippie parents could bring him back to conservatism.

Also FEMEN killed his pet. He won't forgive them.

>new trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6we2blItR4s
gets the tone of the show completely wrong, but I guess the point is simply to get people to watch it but judging by the comments I'd say many people won't stick with it
shame because TYP is genuinely one of the best shows I've ever seen

the directors have no idea what "conservative" means, they probably think being against abortion, which virtually EVERY practicing catholic is, is an "extreme right" position, when it's the default position. They made Lenny's mentor to spew standard pro-abortion argument, absolutely ridiculous. The people responsible for this show are either ignorant neutrals or leftists tricking you people into a "watch the pope become less rude, less of a cunt, less selfish, less authoritarian, and coincidentally at the same time more progressive and leftist" show. My bets are on the latter.

>they probably think being against abortion, which virtually EVERY practicing catholic is, is an "extreme right" position, when it's the default position.
Incorrect, son.

>virtually
That's the key word. A lot of practicing Catholics fall into progressivism because the church isn't as prominent as it used to be, compared to today's media climate. That's why so many people that identify as "Catholic" still tolerate homosexuals and abortion.

practicing is the actual key word
being baptized and showing up in statistics means nothing

Why did everyone want to fuck Dussolier?

BGC

You don't understand the point of the show. When Pie XIII come to power, the Church is already against abortion like it is in the real world but, like in the real world, it's mostly a theoric opposition and they actually tolerate à lot to not cut themselves from the fideles (Vatican City is in Europe which is full of countries like France where the right of abortion isn't even a debate)

Pie XIII doesn't have a different view of those matters, it's just that he thinks any kind of tolerance is hypocritical and should be banned. By doing that he's driving away all the sinners because they think the Church doesn't forgive anymore. That's why the Cardinals, even Spencer, are begging him to be more lax and understanding. Begging being useless, Spencer tried to use dogmatic arguments to prove previous glorious popes managed to forgive even abortion. Spencer doesn't want Pie XIII to accept abortion, he just want him to be less agressive about it.

PIUS

That's a Pope name, you can write it in any language

man i loved this, so good. the scene when he prays underwater had me in tears

also what do you guys think happened with that guy who claimed that he has real stigmates and healing powers? that moment when he walks into the kitchen and there is this pope inquisition kek

quicksand

He was sent to Alaska. By the end of season 6, Alaska will have triple its population

Same old, nobody mentions trains for not being late.