Inception

so Sup Forums, did it fall?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/05/christopher-nolan-finally-explains-inceptions-ending
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't matter, the top wasn't Leo's totem.

Nope, he was obviously still dreaming.

It's the same story as Instellar really, multiple dimensions layered.

Leo found the one he was happy in, so that even if he was still in an above layer it didn't matter...he could live a life with his children.

Yes.

It wobbles before it cuts to black.

It falls.

The ring. Top was the crazy bitch's, right?

Missed the point. It doesnt matter. You got trolled by Nolan

The point was for you to realize Cobb no longer cares if hes dreaming or not because he's happy and with his kids. Nolan basically wanted you to ask yourself well what is reality?

You could argue the whole thing was a dream or not but youre wasting your time. Hard to miss this actually. Pretty blunt about its intentions

Wrong.

Watch the scene again.

Yes it fell down.

As already pointed out Cobb's totem was his wedding ring, not the top (Which was his wife's)

When he's dreaming he has his ring on, when he's in reality it isn't there.
In the final scene he doesn't have the wedding ring on ergo he is in reality and not in a dream.

The top will wall down because he isn't dreaming.

There is no other answer.

Thats straight from Nolan himself though.

You can certainly make the case for his ring being a totem or whatever you want to go with but I don't think its Nolan's intention for it to matter

This. People seem to be retarded and don't understand the significance of a wobble

The whole movie was a dream though including the plane scenes and the airport scenes at the end.

We never see the begining. Remember the main rule Leo said of Dreams? You ask yourself how did I get here.

We never see exactly where everything started. We were never shown how they got on the train so we can infer that is a dream as well. Everything may have been a dream and Cobb may have been still asleep on a train in the beginning

>it was shutter island all along.

Deepest lore.

>Thats straight from Nolan himself though.

Which is a fine answer if you want to speculate about it, but it doesn't follow the same rules that the film establishes.

Totems might all be bullshit lies as well, everyone but Cobb's character could also be figments of his imagination. They probably weren't even on a plane it was all lies.

Nah sorry the answers are all there and in plain sight.

>it was Ben Wilson's pre-death dream
Whoa.

Stop replying to tripfags, you're just feeding the attentionseeking shitposting.

Its not speculation its following the rules

Remember how convinced his wife was that when they were in limbo that was their reality. That is cobb in the "real world" too. How can Cobb be sure that wasn't a dream as well. He can't. Then when they got back to the alleged reality she killed herself again to get the real reality.

Cobbs wife was right all along. It may have been Cobbs inception in her but she was still right. We can do this all day.

You legit cannot claim that Cobb's wife was "correct" if you're playing by your own rules

Using the rules and logic you've laid out there isn't any answer and the entire thing can be one big lie or dream, there are no rules and everything is chaotic bullshit.

Again that's just not true, you're looking for more substance where there isn't any. The film has established points of dream and reality.

The end of the film is grounded in reality and the top will fall down. There isn't a secondary answer.
The film intends you to think about the possibility of there being multiple answers, but that's predicated on having a broken mind or at least a different viewpoint.
But as the audience we know the answers and we know what reality is.

Again it's nice to speculate like the characters are meant to do, but we know the truth.

>in a dream the top never wobbles
>wobbles a lot in the final shot
It was real life

Just testing my new reaction image

Cobb's wife was a cunt.

I'm not that guy and love reading all the theories and stuff in these threads so please carry on. I just wanted to say that she made me feel bad feelings towards her :-(

>ending is supposed to be nebulous
>WE MUST DECIDE WHICH ONE IT WAS CONCLUSIVELY TO APPEASE OUR AUTISM

ok

i dont understand how it really matters if it was a dream or not. He'd eventaully wake up anyway. If he was put under by a sedative, it'd eventually wear off.

Not if he was lobotomized

Or if he killed himself

Explain ending of Sucker Punch then

The ending isn't supposed to be nebulous. The ending has one answer - whether it fell or not is irrelevant.

>If he killed himself he would dream forever
DEEPEST LORE

thats not how dreaming works
that was never even mentioned as a possibility in the film

I was saying if he killed himself while dreaming he would just die.

This.

theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/05/christopher-nolan-finally-explains-inceptions-ending

>"The film-maker explained that he saw the concept of reality in the film – and real life – as entirely subjective. So DiCaprio’s character doesn’t wait to see if the spinning top drops because he no longer cares to distinguish between a possible harsh reality and a potentially wonderful dream."

Basically all of you are discussing theories are literally R E D D I T

All of you basic ass narrative fueled casuals are such a pain in the ass.

Every thread the same, only discussing literal plot points, "what does it MEAN" etc

>WAS IT A DREAM OR FOR REAL in Inception
>WAS IT RAPE in Sicario
>WHO WAS THE SHOOTER in The Hunt
>WHO IS THE THING in The Thing

pro tip:
IT DOESN'T MATTER

I know. I was just trying to make a joke.

Stop replying to tripfags.

The fact that the answer doesn't matter to the protagonist doesn't mean there isn't an answer.

Cobb doesn't care if he's dreaming or not because he'd happily embrace a dream instead of finding reality, but it doesn't nullify the fact that at the end of the film he isn't dreaming anymore.

You've completely misunderstood the parallels Nolan was drawing between dreaming and film making. You've made the right assertions, but it's like you're not smart enough to connect them in the right way.

>It doesn't matter who the thing was
Are you being retarded on purpose? You better not be.

Ok but did you know that the fact of whether is it a dream or reality really does not matter in any fucking way.

Finding "the answer" doesn't change or affect the quality of the movie in any shape or form, by finding "the answer" you don't "get" the movie anymore than anyone else.

Why do you constantly feel the need to create some kind of imaginary useless head canon while watching movies which doesn't change your experience with the movie whatsoever?

The thread was started with the question "so Sup Forums, did it fall?"

The question has an answer, but that isn't necessarily what the film is about.

I'm not trying to 'get' the film more than anyone else, don't jump to conclusions and try to feel superior.

Explain ending of Sucker Punch then.

don't forget

>was deckard a replicant in blade runner?

Alfred was there so no, it wasn't a dream

It kind of does matter who the Thing is in the Thing since the entire movie is about the Thing taking people over.

FPBP