MOTY

Why is nobody talking about this?
Did everybody already see it?

>"I (Jake Gyllenhal) am a Nocturnal Animal."

Movie was shit.

After he told me I needed to be assfucked, I decided not to see it.

Sup Forums is rightful homosexual clay, you don't belong here

Poster seems like a good concept, but it still looks like something I would have made in Photoscape.

The intro was shit.
I had heard so much before about how it was revolutionary and brave

It was fat women dancing and it was shit, purely done for cheap shock value

>fat women dancing
>shit

I'm trying to imagine it, but I just can't see it.

You didn't get it. It was to show the utter insipidness and vapidity of the "art word," the upper-class world that Amy Adams' character inhabits, the one that she rose into by abandoning Jake Gyllenhaal. Notice the Koons and Hirst works that Amy Adams stood in front of at different points in the film--same concept.

If you think Tom Ford's intention was to show "body positivity," you've got it wrong. He's mocking them.

Poster looks horrendous!Who the fuck thought this was a good idea in 2016?

Good in a weird way, Michael Shannon is fucking based as always.

>MOTY

Not in any shape or form

>Amy and Jake are heavily underutilised, Shannon and Johnson outshine them easily (and it's certainly not because of Ford)
>Jake has an accent which he loses depending on the take (in the same narrative
>out of place bad editing between wide shots and close up's
>jarring color pallete difference between the two narratives that doesn't blend at all
>a lot of "I'm acting!" scenes and cheesy oneliners
>framing and composition of the landscapes felt like a film student trying to copy NCFOM landscapes
>laughable jump scare scene
>too on the nose symbolism with clues being literally spelled out in text form behind the characters

All these flaws are happening in the same narrative (except the color grading difference ofcourse)
It is apparent that Tom Ford is not primarily a film director.

Also everyone will forget this movie exist in a month after the rip comes out

what a pretentious way to say "it was pretentious"

That's a fucking horrible poster.

>he doesn't understand camp
I'll give you that the jump scare was retarded and the editing was particularly awful in the kitchen scene with Armie Hammer and Amy Adams.
What would you say the greatest film of 2016 is, though?

Everything outside of the first and last act of the story-within-the-movie was garbage. Decent visuals, stupidly heavy handed (revenge painting, Amy Adams "Oh yeah I bought that") and holy fuck does Tom Ford have some serious disdain for other rich people.

He literally put the intro in to counter critics who told him he only casts good looking actors.

Some user said in the last thread that it was a well made after lunch telefilm, I have to gree with him.

The interesting part ends with the scene of the kidnapping , after that there's not a single interesting scene or plot twist or mistery, and that's what, 20 minutes in?

Pretty much this. It had some really intense scenes tho.

>Why is nobody talking about this?
It fricken JUST came out

Can't wait for the blu ray rip to come out so I can make a compilation of when everytime Amy Adams characters stops reading that book and looks at the ceiling all stressful.