Go see it on Christmas (or right now if it's playing near you). Seriously one of the best films of the year...

Go see it on Christmas (or right now if it's playing near you). Seriously one of the best films of the year. A magnificent return of MGM-style musicals. And just like Whiplash, has one of the best endings in film history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZi8HFSs0kQ
youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=lPS2mjlBmTw
youtube.com/watch?v=nfCiM3KM47E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>musicals
Put it in the fucking garbage.

so sick of white people

is it really as good as you say?

i mean they had great chemistry in crazy stupid love. and i'm kind of desperate to go to the cinema, i have money but from the looks of all the films coming out this month there's nothing good on. if this is good i'll watch it.

This is white people playing black music though.

>jazz
>black music

White people invented music. Black people tried to steal it like they usually do and now make the claim that all music is black music.

Is user from the last tgread that asked girl to go with him here? I want to know what happened did has she responded?

Not a single word of your post is true friend.

life started in africa. you owe everything to a darkie who died 3 million years ago. ponder this and then kill yourself.

Musicals are a waste.

Lol ok kid. Keep your head in the sand.
Music wasnt invented until classical. Banging rocks together like apes isnt music. The most widely recognized and well respected musicians of all time are white. In fact, i cant even think of a decent black musician besides Kanye and MJ (who was half white).

enjoy your capeshit sequel spinoff prequel reboot remake #7166219

I'll try to, thanks.

>And just like Whiplash, has one of the best endings in film history.

>this isn't out in the UK until middle of january
>hacksaw ridge isn't out in the UK until the end of january
>literally no worthwhile films to watch in the whole of december

Why

Why is this happening

I'm seriously considering just catching a showing of It's A Wonderful Life because the selection at the moment is completely dire. No I will not watch Rogue One.

>tfw local cinema has quota for local flicks
>children flicks and blockbusters are most profitable
>currently playing new harry potter, some local biography of someone I don't know and a russian children flick
>my kinostation is a laptop, earbuds and a uncomfortable old office chair
this has become a feels thread

"In fact, i cant even think of a decent black musician besides Kanye and MJ (who was half white)."

You should try not talking about shit you know nothing about.

Prince. Jimi Hendrix. Stevie Wonder. Curtis Mayfield. Diana Ross. Chuck Berry. James Brown. Ray Charles. Aretha Franklin. Sam Cooke. Amongst others. Quit making every single issue a race one. If the only two artists you can think of that are black are fucking Kanye West and Michael Jackson (who in his prime was Black), then you're an idiot.

Jesus fucking Christ are you new to this board?
To this entire website?

Sorry, but there's no way for a straight man to go see a romantic musical starring Ryan Gosling by himself. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

What kind of response is that?

>quotation marks

Welcome newfriend

I didn't even think about it that's how angry I was.

>getting this butt flustered on an underground Mongolian beef forum

Hola newfriendo

You must be 18 or older to post.

It was a joke, friend.

>just like Whiplash, has one of the best endings in film history

hahahahahahahah

Jesus Christ....

Is this as good as HairSpray that was on NBC like a week ago? Musicals are my jam.

I'd go see it if I had a girl to go with. Watching this alone would be too sad.

It's much better than Hairspray IMO

I've been listening to the soundtrack all day

youtube.com/watch?v=uZi8HFSs0kQ
youtube.com/watch?
v=GTWqwSNQCcg
youtube.com/watch?v=lPS2mjlBmTw
youtube.com/watch?v=nfCiM3KM47E

Get your garbage taste off my board.

But if you go by yourself you can meet a lady who also enjoys musicalkino

is it weird if i go with my sister?

and elevate her expectations about you? that's suicide man

Yeah it's great. Stone and Gosling have great chemistry as they do in their other 2 films and they put a lot of work into the singing, dancing and instrument playing.

The film is very optimistic while still being realistic about Los Angeles and how things don't always work out the way you want them to.

No, that's really cute :^3

I went with mine to see La La Land. We had a great time. Lots of laughs.

I'm seeing it tonight because it stars my future wife and it's about my life.

Every time blacks invent a genre of music the whites come and bitch slap them with it.

>blacks invent jazz
>Frank Sinatra dominates the genre
>blacks invent rock
>Elvis, Beatles, Queen, David Bowie, pretty much every good rocker
>Blacks invent rap
>Eminem excels because he does things with rap no black ever considers.

Frank Sinatra was the worst garbage of the 20th century.
Same with Glenn Miller, it took like 30 years until an actual good white jazz musician came on.

>White people invented music
prove it.

just look at any instrument and find out who invented it

the out of africa theory has been debunked you silly cuck

>because he does things with rap no black ever considers.

lmao, like what? The guy's always been Dr Dre's little bitch it's not like we're talking about some avant-garde figure.

>Frank Sinatra was the worst garbage of the 20th century.
Your trolling game is weak

>trolling
Vocal jazz is generally the most shallow form of jazz, basically pop music with saxophones blowing on the background, but even with that there have been a few decent artists here and there like Ella Fitzgerald.
But Frank Sinatra was literal garbage, pleb pandering of the worst kind.
On the big band era, the major achievement of white people in jazz was taking the music from infinitely superior black musicians like Duke Ellington or Count Basie and stripping it of any interesting feats so it could reach the uneducated masses.

>I'm 12 and proud
That'a just pathetic user

No it hasn't.

>Because jews succesfully packaged and sold trash to the masses that means its better
its all main stream trash made from ripping off others thatyou just mentioned

Holy fuck stop fucking shilling this

Reminder this is marketing shilling this shit flick

You haven't even seen it, sperg.

At least britbongs get Marvel movies first, r-right??

I hope for the return of old Hollywood but I have never been able to enjoy musical films. It's corny as fuck. I'd rather watch a western were there is very little talking and it's just beautiful than have a musical number shoved down my throat every 10 mins. It grinds on my nerves.

I'd rather watch a 4/10 movie like Cleopatra were it's beautiful and there is tons of silence than a 10/10 musical. Everyone is different user it's what makes arguing on the internet possible.

Isn't JK Simmons in it too?

Nigga you don't like Gene Kelly?

>i cant even think of a decent black musician besides Kanye and MJ
Jesus christ user. Get some taste

Fear of musicals is a sign of latent homosexuality.

It's true though

Yes and this time he hates jazz

THis

Kinography

ive seen gosling and stone shit it up twice on screen you stonefag shill. top kek

>ctrl+f
>demy
>0 results
It's a Jacques Demy ripoff, folks. Nothing to see here. Plebs, the lot of you.

Then go watch black people pretend to be white people

well. I stand corrected. there's at least one other patrician on this board right now. *tips*
here's to you, m'gentlesir

Eminem is literally the only successful white rapper and blacks were not responsible for rock.

I'm seeing it in a couple of hours by myself :(

go back to college faggot. out of africa has been proven wrong.

again, you are a fucking faggot.

>american """""""""education"""""""""""

No.

Good, continue to complain about superhero films instead of supporting great art.

Don't feel ashamed.

>89% audience score on rotten tomatoes
does this spell doom for the retro modern movie musical???

It isn't even out in most of the country yet

okay, that's a relief. it opened here yesterday but i'm not used to being in one of the "select cities" so i just thought it was out everywhere.

Yeah wide release is December 16th, anyway rotten tomatoes a shit

>blaming RT
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't grade movies

if anything there's more evidence for it every day.

>it airs on febraury 2nd on my country
why live

>shit it up
So you're a sperg who has no idea what romantic chemistry is like, got it.

At this point I think people just troll their own threads with Sup Forums shit so that they get more than 10 responses.

I was going to screenshot it but i cant be bothered literally just fucking google it or remain stead fast in your cuck ignorance.

She must really like how she looks in the yellow dress in La La Land because she's wearing a lot of yellow dresses now. She never used to wear such dresses.

It's a nice look for her.

generally i ignore rotten tomatoes but for this movie that i care about a lot i'm paying it a bit more attention than usual. anyway if it holds the 89% it'd still beat chicago, mamma mia and pitch perfect so that'd be pretty great.