/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

KyoAni Finds A Way Edition

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png (embed) (embed)
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/hyatena0
youtu.be/keH9VfssXKI
youtu.be/ZtKoRJcdRBU
youtube.com/watch?v=2_l8HlRGWx4
youtube.com/watch?v=JQPWAJWAYNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uIfoc-OLCGA
youtube.com/watch?v=jIcWhIu2lV4
clyp.it/33hnz5wg#
youtube.com/watch?v=8UXircX3VdM
youtu.be/EyCrmk9c3H8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Brazil of all countries itt

Is there a reason behind the recent surge in guitarists starting their own guitar companies? Did the manufacturing costs drop or something?

>anime edition

Fucking kill yourself. Goddamn

Posting gear. Old pic, I sold the Line 6 and got a Marshall MG100HCFX 100watt head w/ MG412CF cabinet last June.

T. guy using an anime website

Speaking of K-On!, Fender reissued the mustang Asuza uses recently. I'd pick one up if it didn't have a U-shaped neck.

and... w/ a Fender Rumble 500 2x10 500watt amp

Unless youre doing more than playing in your bedroom I really think a 100 watt head is overkill

Is the V comfortable to play? They always looked a bit unwieldy to me.

No, it's at my drummer's house. I use a much smaller amp to fuck around at home.

Yes, sitting down is comfortable. You put your leg in the V.

...because the first thing any self-respecting guitarist will do after putting a vibrato on their Les Paul is play some Neil fucking Young: clyp.it/hyatena0

Finally someone in /gg/ who has good taste

youtu.be/keH9VfssXKI

Is your name...jimmy Hendricks

Seems like a music board to me. Take your weeb shit back to your containment board, "desu senpai"

Why are Japanese crossdressers so good at guitar?

Maybe.

Caught the guitar playing bug again.... Have no effects... I have a decent 50 watt Peavey 2x12" that has a clean and overdrive channel, however I looove chorus reverb and flangers and phasers and tinkering with all that noise. I used to have a Zoom G3 thingy, but sold itnsince I stopped playing...

What low budget effects options are out there? Not interested in using a computer. Im fine with digital multi-effects, the fewer pedals, the better.

Also, share what effects, and pedals you experienced player use the most

Stop embarrassing yourself senpai, intolerant no fun 'normalfags' like you is the true cancer

youtu.be/ZtKoRJcdRBU

Get an older boss or line 6 board like a gt3 or floor pod plus

>putting a trem on a les paul
>ever

Can anyone with more theory knowledge give advice on how to compose in a way that gives a sort of baroque/vampire/castlevania feel? Also pic related is my new 5 string.

Examples:
>inb4 studioforce
youtube.com/watch?v=2_l8HlRGWx4
youtube.com/watch?v=JQPWAJWAYNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uIfoc-OLCGA
youtube.com/watch?v=jIcWhIu2lV4

I have a King V and its amazingly comfortable.

Thats the magical power of skirts.

Like this one? Good taste pal

Even YouTube knows weebshit is cancer

hjfreaks is korean iirc

god i want a rickenbacker so bad but the black ones are sooo boring

just kys you pathetic fat fuck.

>hjfreaks

Fucking hell, I'd forgotten about him. Great bass player. Somewhat traumatic to watch though.

>Yes, sitting down is comfortable.
What about standing up?

These deals are CUHRAZZZY!!

Its great too. You can rest the wing on your leg to get more neck tilt if you want.

I wrote a pregression using only sus4 's and a D chord. What key is it in?

>this image

Some weeb was actually offended enough and took what I'm assuming hours to make this in defense of their disgusting habits of watching Japanese cartoons

Are they doing that think where they try to make you think they were selling it at RRP before the sale when really it was probably only 50 or so dongs more?

Do you have a melody? It may not be in a single key. Can't really say anything without more information.

No clue what you're trying to say to me pal

Said someone who lived in such a shithole to the point that he's blocked by default in jewtube

Nah, I'm still waiting for VR technology perfection so I can marry my waifu legally

I'm a guitarist not a bassist, that's similar to the bass Cliff Burton played right?

America, bitch

It was between black and wood (maple glo).

The recommended retail price (RRP) is usually way above what the thing actually sells for. Sometimes a retailer will put an item on sale and act like the pre-sale price was the RRP to make you think that you're saving more money than you actually are. It's a shitty sales tactic.

What's stopping you from marrying your waifu now? Haven't people done it already?

Yes, that's a Rick 4003 on the pic but Cliff played a red 4001 with a Gibson bass humbucker on the neck, a Dimarzio Jazz Bass pickup on the bridge and a Stratocaster pickup hidden under the bridge.

Thanks. Anything under $50?

Yes

この掲示板は、アニメと漫画を論議するために作られた。他の話題を論議するのためにいろんな他のボードも作られたけど、Sup Forumsは本来オタク文化のサイト。それが嫌なら、レディットに帰ってください。

Yes, that's exactly the same amp that I have.

This

as a V enthusiast I can tell you they're great to play, I'm so used to them sitting between my legs now I find it hard to play other shaped guitars.

this

good posts

America will become a shithole sooner or later, get off your high horse senpai

Yeah, but who cares about legal paperwork. She's not truly mine if we can't cuddle together giving warmth to each other

I have to ask, did you use a translator or do you actually know Japanese?

Fair enough. Hopefully I won't have killed myself when The Age of Waifus comes about.

That is a nice deal actually, too bad the color is kinda shitty

俺の日本語はなお結構下手だから、辞書と文法を使いながら書いている。でも、それはいい練習でしょ.。誰かペラペラな人は俺の誤りを正すかも。

そうですか 。
にほんごがわかりません。

That's the extent of my moonspeak.

Go to hell you fucking cunt.

anta baka?

予測可能な。

and there is a murrican crossdresser faking niponeses too

サック・マイ・ディック、プリーズ。

Who dat?

Wow you got me good I have no idea what you're saying because I don't speak non-white

Hi!
I was wondering if you could tell me how to play a P chord? TIA!

>I don't speak non-white
Please stop making other, more educated Americans look bad.

man, must suck for you to not be able to speak your native language

yui no yume you can see his face when he plays without mask.

I speak ENGLISH. wtf are you talking about?

Would anyone be willing to record a clip of flatwounds being used on a solid body guitar? I'd be majorly interested how that sounds when just strumming chords clean and crunchy. Quite difficult to find anything.

Why does everyone hate the Marshall MG? It's in my price range and looks pretty attractive, but everyone keeps saying it's the worst amp they've ever bought.

its the most entry level amp marshall makes, so its pretty bare bones. good enough to practice with though.

How's it compare to the Fender Blues Jr?

>yui no yume
I see. He's not terrible as far as cds go. Looks like a girl from some angles and not so much from others. Doesn't have the chops I've seen from the japs though.

Sounds like dead strings

Are NYXLs worth the extra money over standard strings or are they snek oil?

from what I've read its for sneks, but maybe another user will prove me wrong

R8

I got a classical guitar but my thumb always wraps around the neck and it's very hard to play with good form since I'm used to slouching over a regular steel-string and using my thumb to cheat by muting chords
Will this go away with more practice?

>all these fucking wires
DISGUSTING

> not having a ratking of pedals

5 years in and I still have no pedals. I'm fucking shit though so there's not much point in them anyway.

if you sit in proper classical position with a foot stool you will basically be forced to play with your thumb in the middle of the neck because it's the most natural position for your hand to fall in

What's the cheapest reverb pedal that doesn't sound like a tin can?
I do most of my "real" verb when I'm mixing but want to be able to experiment with it as I play.

Behringer rv600

Bretty gud

clyp.it/33hnz5wg#

We /hairmetal/ now?

That's nice. I was just trying to jam on that and was realizing I can't really shred.

I don't like anime but do like these pics of chicks playing guitar. Post more.

There's something comfy about cute cartoon girls playing guitar. Probably the contrast to real guitar players, most of which are mongoloids.

Ritsu > Mio > Yui >>>>>>>> Azuza > Mugi

great looper (the head rush)

Thanks, yeah it's a really useful and nice sounding pedal

Azusa > Yui > Mio > Ritsu > Mugi

What's a guitar tone that makes you look like this?

When should I get a distortion/overdrive and a looper pedal?

After my decent guitar+amp upgrade?

Woman tone. Or brown sound

youtube.com/watch?v=8UXircX3VdM

What's the most you should spend on a guitar

I got you covered: youtu.be/EyCrmk9c3H8