Why did Sup Forums recommend this?

Why did Sup Forums recommend this?

This was just Christian propaganda.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot
youtube.com/watch?v=yJmS5oVBfJY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When did Sup Forums recommend this? Even most Christians think it's trash, this is the kind of shit that those weird evangelicals from the American South like.

You can only 'disprove' a falsifiable theory. There's no such thing as a falsifiable theory of God, hence his non-existence does not warrant disproval

God's not dead, he's frozen. And as soon as we find his true Holy Temple and thaw out the Body of Christ he's gonna be pretty pissed off - ya know why? Have you ever taken a cold shower? Well multiply that by 15 million times. That's how pissed off God is gonna be.

That qoute is the stupidest thing I've ever read.
My brain is literally bleeding right now.

neo Sup Forums

>You can only 'disprove' a falsifiable theory

That statement sounds pretty unfalsifiable to me. Nice ideology m8

Good god non-believer fags are so buttblasted at this movie

I wonder why....

Could it be that it BTFO of their hypocrisies and weak arguments?

No no no because atheists are NEVER wrong right?

KEK

>mfw based Mac BTFOs atheist losers for all eternity

You had to see it in a theater packed with old people and youth groups the weekend it came out. The audience was very engaged with the movie, people were laughing and crying and at the end there was clapping.

My best movie experience ever, hands down. What absolute garbage.

Are you seriously telling me that there are still some atheists on Sup Forums?! I thought you all grew out of that stupid edgy teen phase.

>show huge flaws in atheist logic and standing up for your beliefs
>christian "propaganda"

oh boy the jews really did a number on you

Sup Forums is a Christian anime image board. If you haven't watched at least 5 Christian movies, you shouldn't be here.

This. The only time is ok to be an atheis is if you're still under 16. After that it's just plain cringy.

>they don't even understand what Nietche meant by God is dead.

This movie's main issue is that it is blatantly racist, with both an abusive Arab man and a 'magical negro' (Google it) in the main cast.

But, in all honesty, I thought Kevin Sorbo was an effective villain.

>Hate god for killing your mom
>Date a christian who needs you for moral support
>Keep her around but mock her at every turn
>Trick your students into damning themselves to hell
>Attempt to ruin the lives - literally - of anyone who stands in your path

I loved how they played him as an actual threat, not just to this kid in the OP, but to the entire student body and the general vicinity.

You all are so cruel. I will pray for you all.

I can prove God exists for He has bestowed my post number with repeating digits

Also, the chick who has cancer subplot was pretty outlandish, even moreso when you learn in the sequel that she is 'completely cured' after becoming a Christian.

>le edgy atheist meme

Will a time ever come when you fags realize all the people who were atheist for the sake of edginess moved on long ago? They are now going around calling people degenerates and acting as if faith in a religion makes them superior. Projecting their rebellious teen phase on everyone else. Most of you are contrarian faggots who have to "go against the grain."

It is analytically true, cockknocker.

Buttblasted atheists BTFO

Somebody post CIA's Not Dead

No difference between an analytic and synthetic truth, Kant

Science is the study of the physical universe.
God exists beyond the physical universe.
God's existence cannot and will not ever be proven by science.

This. Science can only perhaps point to or imply the hypothetical existence of God, but it cannot ever _prove_ His existence.

and this is what atheists will never understand.

they idea of Sup Forums recommend this to you literally made me lol

>repeating digits

Godbotherers BTFO

>good christians or people who convert get to enjoy a live show
>nonbelievers die brutally or literally get cancer

wew

>Making fun of people who believe in reptilians is okay
>Making fun of people obsessed with UFOs and aliens is okay
>Making fun of pagans is okay
>Making fun of scientologists is okay
>Making fun of people obsessed with conspiracy theories is okay
>If you make fun of christians you're a pretentious pseudo-intellectual neckbeard fedora
I know this isn't happening ITT but why do so many people think like this?

I guess Kek really is the true god

Every group you mentioned, even christians and scientologists, want to feel victims, like they're being prosecuted by the rest. It gives their worldview more meaning, I guess.

You are an asshole

i honestly cannot picture an actual, true christian browsing this site actively. I can picture some sunday morning Christians coming here but that's about it.

To be fair, Christians are the most actively attacked religious group in the world. About 80% of all religious persecution is toward Christians, and statistically speaking, 1 Christian is killed for their faith every 5 minutes.

b-but... muslims :(

>movie ends with the athiest guy chocking on his own blood while crying and begging god for forgiveness
>then a musical number

should have won an oscar

Yeah, they're the ones who do almost all of the killing.
Really makes you think...

That's a fair point, but if anything it makes the movie seem more misguided and shallow. Christians are literally being killed for their beliefs in the middle east, but here out biggest worry is that the religion is being contested at schools.

How did the fedora meme go from:
Atheists making "really makes you think"-tier posts to whiteknights, to pseudo intellectuals in general, to edgy people, to MRAs?

who cares. its not happening here

I wouldn't say misguided or shallow, it's just that their level of persecution is miniscule compared to that in the Middle-East. And even at that, it's a different type of persecution. I can't speak for the USA (although we Australia are pretty much their 51st state these days), but if you admit to being a Christian here, you can be mocked pretty hard, and you can't really preach a Christian morality (ie no to drinking/clubbing, 'hook-up' culture, drugs, swearing, gays, abortion, etc) without being ostracized and insulted for being a prude/dork/bigot/etc. Christianity is a form of social suicide.

It is, just in a different, less serious manner.

bump for God

Based user

>christian literally can't into logic
and they wonder why people call them stupid

Had this on loop at work for about 4 months. It was fucking painful to listen to.

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw

Most atheists understand that perfectly. The "atheist that thinks science disproves the existence of God" trope is a Hollywood meme fed to protestants in the southern US.

>80%+ majority in the US
>essentially nobody in politics is anything but Christian (or they have to pretend to be anyhow)
>it's literally in my state constitution that atheists can't hold public office or testify in court
>"this persecution of christians cannot be tolerated any longer!!!"

>Most atheists understand that perfectly

You don't know any atheists, do you? Besides you

yeah but sometimes people say happy holidays instead of merry christmas

Go back to r.eddit

Cuck

>TFW got saved a year ago
>still haven't thrown Sup Forums out of my life
I just love this shithole too much

By now it's cliche to say this, but "Christian media" really are crap. Can Sup Forums suggest some quality movies with implicit and subtle Christian themes instead?

What does your specific circumstances have to do with Christians being persecuted overseas?

Same desu

Now that Trump has been elected and we can believe in Jesus again can we all agree that this was a masterpiece of cinema? And a perfect film to show your kids at Christmas time so they understand the real meaning of the holiday.

If you died today are you 100% sure that you'd go to heaven?

Yes sir. And you?

>implying most atheist do think science *disproves* the existence of God
You don't know any atheists, do you?

Narnia

Absolutely. My faith is all on Jesus and what he did for me.

It's a new age type of Christian. Believes in it less for the Bible, and more for the lifestyle and morals.

Yes it's stupid.

Doesn't the movie strawman an atheist professor that makes nonsense arguments and gets hit by a bus at the end of the movie or something.

That seems pretty insulting.

Being unequivocally Christian is shortsighted and dishonest. Your faith should be refined through a fiery furnace of doubt, so it follows the best Christian movies are heavily contemplative and ambiguous as to the truth that underlies the work. Check out Dekalog, Au Hasard Balthazar, Ordet, Andrei Rubles and Days of Heaven

Calvary

Was meant for

Amen. Bless you, user.

Don't reply to such weak bait user. It will only propagate if people respond to it.

just another bait thread, but im okay with talking to other people stopping to read it too.

if you aren't already aware, this quote isn't relevant or useful as an argument in favor for the existence of god. why? because its the argument from ignorance fallacy. argument from ignorance is: "you don't know that my god doesn't exist, therefore i'm justified in believing that he does exist." this rationalization attempts to remove the burden of proof from the god claim and relocate it onto atheism (which intrinsically has no burden of proof, in so far as the existence of a god is not obvious.)

the minimum qualifications to be considered an atheist don't include any disproof of a god, it only requires a lack of belief. if you agree that the existence of a god or gods is not obvious, then the burden of proof is on you to gather sufficient evidence in order to justify belief. if it IS obvious to you that a god or gods exist, then you need to present reasons as to how you're so sure that he/they exist, much the same as if you were to present evidence of the moon's existence (vision of it, photographs, tidal forces, etc.) your evidence can be scientific, but doesnt have to be, it could be logically deduced or inferred. the point is, you need good reasons to convince others and yourself that a god or gods exist, and so it follows that the burden of proof falls on you, the claimant.

The sphere of human knowledge is greater than it should be. Concepts only gain meaning when passing through their negative. How did humans, finite beings, come up with ideas about the infinite?

By that logic only things that are green can have ideas about greenness.

ITT: adults who talk to imaginary friends

But Sup Forums is built as a shrine for the bbc.

>Josh Wheaton, an evangelical college student, enrolls in a philosophy class taught by Professor Jeffrey Radisson, an atheist, who demands his students sign a declaration that "God is dead" to pass

>Ultimately, it comes down to the third and final debate between Radisson and Josh, who again both make compelling points. Josh then halts his line of debate to pose a question to Radisson: "Why do you hate God?"

>After Josh repeats the question twice more, Radisson explodes in rage, confirming he hates God for his mother's death that left him alone despite his prayers. Josh then casually asks Radisson how he can hate someone that does not exist.

>Radisson dates Mina, an evangelical whom he belittles in front of his fellow atheist colleagues. Her brother Mark, a successful businessman and atheist, refuses to visit their mother, who suffers from dementia.

>Mark's girlfriend Amy is a left-wing blogger who writes articles critical of Duck Dynasty. When she is diagnosed with cancer, Mark dumps her.

>Radisson reads a letter from his late mother, and is moved to reconcile with Mina.

>While on his way to find Mina, Radisson is struck by a car and fatally injured.

>A reverend waiting at the intersection tends to Radisson and helps him become a Christian as he dies. Mark at last visits his mother, only to taunt her; she responds that all of his financial success was given to him by Satan to keep him from turning to God.

I thought the phrase "God is dead" wasn't specifically about athiesm.

>greater than it should be
on what grounds is the word 'should' justified here? how can one begin to say what level of knowledge should or shouldn't be?

>concepts only gain meaning when passing through their negative
I'm not sure i necessarily agree with that premise, there are all kinds of ideas humans come up with that we haven't encountered.

>How did humans, finite beings, come up with ideas about the infinite?
in so far as "the infinite" refers to a sequence of un-ending events, i don't see any reason to think there's something preventing humans from forming that as a concept. especially since we're bound temporally and cam experience a continuity of sequential events. however, i don't know the exact answer to that question. how do people come up with ideas about aliens or wizards or dragons? people are creative, neurons can fire and give new grounds to reciprocate our ideas in different ways, but, again, i don't know the exact answer to that question.

>Josh Wheaton

Never noticed that when I was watching. Think it was a subtle comment about Joss Whedon?

I'd like to corrupt him

You're trying to prove something, proof of burden is on you, Mr. Wheaton.

>proof of burden

Whoops.

I'm sorry.

Damn... this is some deep Kino right here.

It's not uncommon that atheists are the one who want to shove their ideology instead.

Goes both ways, the bad apples.

That's my point. I don't watch the movie (yet) so I can't tell of that Josh guy is the douche or not

>be cucked by jesus
>everyone else is the cuck

Joseph was probably quietly pissed when he found out God fucked his wife

>movie ends with Christians smiling and celebrating that the Evil Atheist Professor was hit by a car and killed

Truly amazing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

Makes you ponder

It's not possible to prove a negative. You can only remove the possibility deductively by proving other things which would imply the first thing cannot be true.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJmS5oVBfJY
wew

>Josh then casually asks Radisson how he can hate someone that does not exist.

This is literally one of those "checkmate atheists" meme jokes

implying their religion isnt one massive shitposting false flag.

You got meme'd, son.

Atheists are weird little creatures.

Most of them tend to believe that science proves that God doesn't exist. But most of them don't even fathom that God is ill-defined to begin with.

Disproving that Abrahamic Gods do not exist is very easy. Disregarding God as a concept, however, is impossible.

Created by the human mind

have you ever considered that when an atheist says "science disproves god", they are referring to the abrahamic gods? (as those gods holy texts suggest scientific impossibilities?)

check out matt dillahunty on youtube if you get the chance.