Why was The Pacific so bad compared to Band of Brothers?

Why was The Pacific so bad compared to Band of Brothers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qt3smwSBx8
youtube.com/watch?v=RAHutuXxYOs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It wasn't bad. It was harsher and more focused on a small few soldiers as opposed to most of a company.

it was just as great as BoB

it wasn't.

The characters and actors weren't as great. By far the most of the soldiers were unlikeable and you couldn't give two shits what happened to them.

It felt forced and lifeless compared to BoB.

It was better. Great pleb filter

Most people don't like it as much because The Pacific doesn't follow one group of soldiers, it jumps between the experiences of a few people in different outfits.

Also:

Band of Brothers
>FUCK YEAH AMERICA!!!
The Pacific
>War is hell...

Another factor might be the monotonous scenery.

Band of Brothers you saw them together in Georgian boot camp, English training, the fields of France, snows of Belgium, ruins of Germany, and idyllic green of Austria.

The Pacific is just tropical island with jungle, tropical island, really shelled tropical island...

>it's an iwo jima named episode, even though 90% of it is Basilone fucking around in bootcamp and getting married and only 5 minutes of the actual iwo Jims battle episode

sledge story>BoB>rest of the pacific

I liked them both, I feel it's kinda symbolic that the cabbie at the end refuses to take Leckie's money and says something to him like "I may have jumped into France on D-Day but I got some liberties in Paris. All you guys got was Jungle Rot and Malaria." Kinda like it's Band of Brothers acknowledging that The Pacific was harder.

That pissed me off so much. 3 episodes on pelelui and then they get through iwo jima as fast as they can

too much cutting back to civilian life, vacation in Australia, the first and last episode being mostly civilian life too, along with the John Basilone episode

Like 45% of it was in a non war setting. Too disjointed.

Except that it wasn't

The last episode is god tier you worm

I liked both but I agree . BoB was great. I couldnt last 2 ep's of generation kill though

boring fake war with douchebags acting like alpha males

Pacific was much better faget

>what skills do you have
>only killing tojos, they didn't teach me anything else!
Literally the best episode

All of the story that focused on Sledge was better than anything in Band of Brothers. Seriously 10/10 television.
The stuff with Leckie and Basilone just isn't as engrossing.

Well at least you picked up on the central theme in those two episodes. It's almost as if that was the commentary they were trying to make.

They are both bad compared to UMUV.

But the last episode was great exactly because it showed civilian life after the war.

Band of Brothers ending was all just like a quick narration of "Here's what everyone's lives were like after the war and everything turned out fine."

The Pacific was better than Band of Brothers in the regard of post-war life. How it showed Sledge and Leckie try to readjust back to civilian life. How Sledge had to handle PTSD and how he displayed what the general veterans' thoughts and struggles were after returning home.
>They taught me how to kill Japs, I was pretty damn good at it.

because it was just full of characters no one gives a fuck about. hell i can't even remember a single one of them yet can remember the names and faces of at least a dozen Band of Brothers characters

slap a jap, user

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qt3smwSBx8

>ywn listen to your second son scream in his sleep because of the nightmares that he experienced fighting over a shitty rock in the middle of the Pacific when he was 19 years old
Pacific was better than Band of Brothers for this and Leckie saying he fought a war for television

It was more boring and harder to keep track of who was who.

Both are inferior to Generation Kill.

youtube.com/watch?v=RAHutuXxYOs

>tojo and fuckface

also the sledge/snafu scenes were fucking great

None of the stories are related, so no individual story can compare to the greater one that BoB tells.

It would've have been better than BoB if it had only focused on Eugene imo, it was still good though

It dropped best character in favor of cliched "innocent and naive young guy becomes a cold hard killer " character.

This, Leckie was based

>one meme makes up for the fact that half of a series about war is about civilian life, with snippets of civilian life being wedged between war scenes

yeahhhhhh whatever

you're just saying that because muh pure aryans™

Australia

You do realize Band of Brothers wasn't fucking war scenes the whole time either.

I'd give only 3/10 episodes maximum of The Pacific were about civilian life which were the Australian, Basilone, and final episodes. Australia and Basilone were bad but the final episode is literally one of the best episodes of either series.

cause you're a pleb

Sledge is the best character you massive pleb.
>muh australia
>muh girl i barely know is muh waifu

>le wacky guy
>best character

pick one

I thought it was as good. I may be biased because I liked With the Old Breed before The Pacific was made.

Slow start

This desu

Because the soldiers in BoB were virtuous in their mission.

I watched The Pacific last month, and honestly, the acting just ain't as good as it was in BoB. Sometimes the line delivery and writing was kinda cringey.

>Yeah... Sledgehammer... I like that.

That was a JUST moment and legitimately removed the show from ever having a chance of even being in the lower rungs of the Kino Pantheon.

I don't get why they basically switch the main characters halfway through the series

I often couldn't tell who the fuck was who in BoB.
Also the most based episode was by far the medic one.

>finished watching BoB for the first time a week ago
>mfw episode 9 "Why (((We))) fight"

Was going so well until that episode.

Been meaning to watch The Pacific - is it actually terrible?

This x100

The holocaust one was also good even though I know Ill get flamed because of jews

>there will never be a war epic miniseries with this kind of production value focusing on Nazi Germans fighting on the eastern front and in North Africa.

The Pacific was boring

Yeah the entire Bastogne siege was really just nationalist propaganda. You fuckin nitwit.

Because Leki, who's book "Helmet for my Pillow" his scenes are based on, got wounded on Peleliu and got sent home. The only reason BoB was able to base it's narrative on a group of main characters is because the source material followed Easy Company as a whole.

did you even watch episodes 6,7,8 and 9?

this

It was just the organization that made it worse, and it still wasn't bad. In fact, the Okinawa episode was the best episode of either show because they focused on Sledge.

Band of brothers is over rated garbage.

contrarianism? on Sup Forums? WTF?!?!

Leckie a shit. A SHIT.

Nah it's okay

Concentration camps existed you moron