Why was this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/cinebro/film/war-of-the-worlds/
youtube.com/watch?v=bU0_BOSgyRs
youtube.com/watch?v=6m-rsgHEDLk&t=109s
youtube.com/watch?v=zLf6pp5Tvk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kino

third act turning it into a regular action disaster movie with gung ho hero antics totally invalidated the sheer horror of the first 2 acts of the film and it had a fucking retarded ending

It's a bit rough but a solid movie none the less. The whole sequence from that pic is kino as fuck.

It wasn't, it was probably the last good Spielberg film.

really enjoyed the film honestly. but i didn't like this scene. when he is ducking into the store yet still narrowly dodging these laser beams as though the walker is aiming specifically at him it's a bit farfetched

This movie actually scared the shit out of me when I was 13. The Tripod sound effects were very spooky.

It wasn't. Although the son subplot was dumb.

it was good

The first half was absolute kino
Second half took a nose dive unfortunately

This but I was 9 when I saw it.
I used to live near an AF base and every time I heard a sonic boom I pretended it was a tripod on the move.

>war of the worlds
>shit
pick one

Based Cinebro explains the brilliance of this film better than anyone else.
letterboxd.com/cinebro/film/war-of-the-worlds/

>mfw people shit on the ending as if it was exclusive to the movie without realizing it was H.G.'s idea

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=bU0_BOSgyRs

I did not like it for a few reasons, I didn't care for the family, the girl was shit, the kid was shit, Tom Cruise was annoying as Baseball Dad, the side characters sucked.

The most infuriating part was when they were standing next to a battle with tanks and shit and it looked maybe kinda cool, but it was focusing on character drama I could not give less of a fuck about while showing the tanks in the background

Show my the battle you fucks, don't suck on the tip and leave me hanging

I didn't care for it following the lame family

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGG

What I don't understand was, when Dakota fanning went to go take a piss in the woods by the creek and she started seeing bodies float by and suddenly a shitload of them float by, where did they come from? Because the tripods weapons would disintegrate them

The beginning and middle are pretty good. Goes to shit near the end.

The tripod blasts turning people to dust is a fucked up image on par with the spooky red skeleton people from Mars Attacks

That scene, the ferry scene, and when Tom Cruise kills the guy with a shovel made the movie for me

NOT MY BLOOD NOT MY BLOOD NOT MY BLOOD

Dakota Fanning screaming non-stop is about the only thing I dislike about it. By no means was it great, but could have been worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=6m-rsgHEDLk&t=109s
The Tripods were the one thing in the movie that were absolutely perfect.

I still wish Spielberg decided to set in the 1890s like the book though.

Despite the ending I actually like this movie and thought it was pretty good.

This guy's never had a blowjob.

Because some of the acting is really shit

HAVE TOO

GET IN THE CAR OR YOURE GOING TO DIE

Fell out of the plane I'm assuming.

Never thought of that

The two kids are really really really fucking annoying

I enjoyed it a lot apart from them though

youtube.com/watch?v=zLf6pp5Tvk8

KINO

More likely drowned trying to flee, much like many of the people on the overturned ferry would have done later on

Scientology voodoo?