In the middle of fucking Alaska

>in the middle of fucking Alaska
>miles away from any civilization
>hurr durr lemme just destroy this expensive and potentially useful computer for literally no reason hurr

Fucking stupid, what a piece of shit

2/10 bait, only responded because I couldn't figure out why you would pretend to be so stupid.

Back then computers ran on alcohol instead of electricity so all he did was feed the computer. Learn your history faggot.

Why are you trying to force this shit? It's some of the worst bait I've seen in years and the second you stop spamming it it'll be forgotten.

i'm actually laughin. pretty funny OP

There will never be another movie like the thing again. What a shame.

the computer opponent he was playing against and winning had a woman's name
he symbolically killed the only female element in the movie and showed that he would rather destroy something than lose

>hurr durr

go back to posting rage comics on reddit

Is this the movie that the highest percentage of Sup Forums can agree is good?

It is one of those things that's so silly it would never happen, an exaggeration of life. I don't particularly like when movies do that, but The Thing is so good it can easily be forgiven and overlooked.

>The computer is engaged in pretending to be a human chess opponent
>Mac pours alcohol into it, kills it
>The Thing is engaged in pretending to be human
>Mac pours alcohol into Childs, ??? ???

If you didn't understand the parallelism of this scene and the ending - how it symbolically represents Mac refusing to accept being put in check or stalemated, therefore presumably killing the Childs-Thing off-camera, you aren't very bright.

It represents humanist ideal of thinking outside the box and never giving up.

Oh, my stupid iGeneration faggot, you are so mongoloid.

damn

not OP

that's breddy good

guess im not very bright

Yes. Sup Forums never tires of discussing it.

how would alcohol kill childs-thing?

They're not in Alaska

Kurt Russell's laughing in the end is preceisely the irony you describe.

Though the thing has checkmated him, he has destroyed the game board ( the base, the aliens chance of leaving). I too believe he frys childs "off-camera"

omg liek childs is a THING 2?! HOLY SHIETT!

>nu-males would rather stick with a cheater than fry the cheating bitch

Is there any possible way a modern Thing movie could work?

No.

They made a decent attempt in 1982.

Nah. Today I bet it would all be cgi monsters and women leads

I have a really bad memory and even though I just saw this movie like a month ago I have no idea what's going on in this thread someone ELI5 pls tnx

These and /trek/ are the only good threads here.

And pic related.

checked.

>It is one of those things that's so silly it would never happen, an exaggeration of life.
This isn't entirely accurate. There are loads of people out there who let their anger get the best of them and end up destroy expensive equipment in a blind rage. I mean, there are some really moronic, angry gamers out there who will smash controllers and break consoles because they're losing/have lost. It hints to a big problem of rage issues.
Also, let's not forget MacReady was drinking when he did this shit. Alcohol + short temper = bad results.