Did anyone on this board unironically like Tyler before Flower Boy or are they just trying to fit in...

Did anyone on this board unironically like Tyler before Flower Boy or are they just trying to fit in? Go listen to any of his old albums and try to find a single line that doesn't sound like it was written by a 12 year old who just failed his math test. It's all so tryhard edgy. And Odd Future was just a group of shitty rappers who all sound the same competing to see who could say the most controversial bar about rape or whatever else would make people say "oh shit he went there!"

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/article/7863-the-b-boys-odd-future-and-the-swag-generation/
noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/rp3gz6/the-conspiracy-theorists-guide-to-tyler-the-creators-wolf-trilogy
noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/rkaexw/how-cherry-bomb-fits-into-the-narrative-tyler-the-creator-crafted-on-the-wolf-trilogy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hopsin was right

You're a fucking newfag. Goblin and Bastard were borderline Sup Forumscore.

>Hopsin
>ever right
what the fuck has our world come too

Yeah, I heard "She" in 2012 and thought it was great. Some members were obviously riding on the talent of others, but they seemed like harmless fun.

Flower Boy really is his best project, though. There's a good reason it blew up.

I've always liked his flow and style of storytelling on his old albums, even if the content was edgy as all hell

Goblin was massive on Sup Forums back when it dropped

no, i've always disliked him.

>Cotton pickin nigger
Totes his best line

SMUCKER, PERFECT and Answer are good songs.

you are a moron. This accessible edgy shity is what pushed hiphop into the direction it went after Odd future dissolved. Artists like kanye have come out saying there wouldn't be a yeezus without tyler. Because you don't enjoy something, nobody else must be able to wrap their ahead around it, huh?

>artist matures out of his edgy persona and produces his best work to date
>as a result people who were unintrigued by his previous work gave him attention
Why does this surprise you? Also Yonkers is my fucking jam

What was he right about?

>people are THIS new
i remember when Odd Future was obscure, and kicked off on this board, at first

Some of Odd Future were 4channers. One of the first pitchfork article about them was literally called "The Sup Forums Boys". Even today Tyler the Creator fucking referenced Sam Hyde jokes on twitter and in an interview

There's a few good songs on Wolf and Cherry Bomb. I don't get the love for Bastard at all though.

pitchfork.com/features/article/7863-the-b-boys-odd-future-and-the-swag-generation/

Holy shit wtf

lol tyler was Sup Forums incarnate

Why is tyler held in such high regard? he is a meme rapper. Whats there to like about him?

Flower Boy was good

Yes. Bastard (and EARL) were basically Sup Forumscore, and sometimes you can still see them on chart and last week threads.

The first three edgy albums are concept albums part of a story, and Cherry Bomb killed them off
noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/rp3gz6/the-conspiracy-theorists-guide-to-tyler-the-creators-wolf-trilogy
noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/rkaexw/how-cherry-bomb-fits-into-the-narrative-tyler-the-creator-crafted-on-the-wolf-trilogy

I don't usually come on Sup Forums so don't sperg out, this is what most normal people actually believe:
>Tyler always had good and shit songs since bastard
>no one ever liked Tyler to fit in unless you're autistic (if anything they hated him to fit in)
>Tyler never had a good fan base
>Tyler never claimed his music was deep
>on his first 3 records he plays a character, which pissed a lot of retards off who felt betrayed because of "muh relatable"

Literally the only reason any of you were his fans in the first place is because he ate a cockroach and was the only relatable black rapper you've ever heard that wasn't as cringe as hopsin.

heres your reply

(You)

What makes him good?

I loved his edgy lyrics back when I was in 10th grade but stopped listening to him when I started college

i've been listening for almost 7 years at this point

wait he still does music ?

i thought he was a supreme rep and like a clothing dude ?

I've been listening to Tyler since Goblin came out. He definitely has his ups and downs. OF were posted here daily back then, Tyler's been popular here for quite a while.

i like tyler the person more than i like his music, i liked it when i younger though, my taste has matured too much for him though

but still i really wanna meet him, my dream has always been to become a famous musician and meet tyler

>i thought he was a supreme rep and like a clothing dude ?

he has his own line of clothes look up at all the Golf Wang drops

and he has been hosting a Concert/Carnival almost every year. Dude has more going on than you faggot

>Bastard was a little edgy, but sounded decent musically.
>Goblin was utter shit, production was horrible, musically boring and lyrics on par with 13 year old edge.
>Wolf drifted away from the edge, it was somewhat mature with a few silly tracks, which work with my ADHD head.
>Cherry Bomb, as a fan of experimental stuff I thought a lot of it was good, I prefer the more instrumental bits tho.
>Flower Boy, it was alright, I avoid the rap bits tho.

Nobody gives a fuck about your shitty coon tunes OP

Keep in mind, Tyler was a teenager when he started, around early 2010's too. Also, being edgy wasn't as norm as it is now especially on the internet. So when the albums were new and when I was around the same age as Tyler releasing them, I loved it, now I just think that it's a load of wank.

You seem a bit mad that he's more notable for clothing than music.

2/10 bait made me reply

The board was really into it before he became mainstream... around the time of 'Goblin' and Earl's first LP.
It's dead as soon as normalfaggots hear it.
When some faggot played it at school I knew that was the end of it because the fanbase has a tendency to ruin the artists and construe the artists direction as they try to feed that audience.

Wolf is fun though. I don't think anyone ever claimed it to be more than fun.
Edgy shit in general is really fun to listen to as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Just because the board was into it doesn't mean he's good. Sup Forums has shit taste.

I liked it a little bit, at the time the style was unique for rappers and that vid for Yonkers kinda caught on for how messed up it was.
Needed more of that.

>Did anyone on this board unironically like Tyler before Flower Boy or are they just trying to fit in?
wolf/bastard are 8s goblin is a 7

>This is the state of /mum/

wolf is the official album of 2013 for my friends and i

TRASH WANG NIGGA THATS WHATS UP

I unironically like wolf and flowerboy but his older stuff is pretty bad but Tyler has matured and got better over the years

everything he released has been shit anyone who thinks this stuff is good has no taste and i disrespect you

Cherry Bomb was good

>saying this unironically
>even though it's completely inaccurate

with this guy

I was in high school when he released goblin and wolf and I really liked him then. I think at the time I was part of the exact demographic that could unironically enjoy his music.

of Montreal...nice.

I used to like Jamba when I first started smoking weed but other than that Tyler has always been an artist for snapback wearing douche canoes.

I used to be really into Odd Future when it was at the height of popularity. I still like Goblin, Bastard and Wolf.
Cherry bomb sucked.
Haven't heard Flower Boy still because I really only go back and listen to Tyler if I want to hear some edgy shit and feel like I'm 16 again.