Into the Wild, anything similar?

Someone on here recommended me "Into the Wild" and I really liked it.

What are some similar movies that deal with the same ideas or feature a similar character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rnVTzufqQ6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you haven't seen it yet

Wild is roughly the same story, with Reese Witherspoon instead of that guy and she's 'discovering herself' or something instead of accidentally on purposes an heroing
It's OK

that one movie where ben stiller goes backpacking

Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Secret Life of Walter Mitty

There is a similar one starring the actor that played Francis in Malcom, cant remember the name though.

this is a old and a little corny in spots

but it's better executed and has a better story

it's on netflix

Seconded, I ended up really feeling bad for Treadwell

I don't mean just living in nature, I mean the idea that the main character has that living in society is hurting him and he wants to be free, so he runs off from college to go on a journey.

This one seems cool.

This is the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=rnVTzufqQ6Y

Is it any good? Description sounds promising.

This one seems nice. Do you like it?

yes..very different and very profound

Vagabond (1985)

Sounds promising. I think I'm gonna give it a watch.

enjoy

Don't drop out OP, things will get better I promise. Keep fighting the good fight.

NOT EVEN A FUCKING COMPASS

I will, thank you.

Captain Fantastic. Based Viggo and his family live in the forest, except they're actually pretty skilled and do just fine

Lul, I'm just gonna switch majors. That may involve a one term pause though.

I didn't like how unprepared he was. He had been raving about Alaska for over a year and came there unprepared like a raw potato. And then they rushed the ending. I really liked the parts before though.

Yeah the movie gets a lot of shit because of how much of a numale faggot the real guy was, but honestly he's not that bad in the film. It's a decent little travel/adventure movie, and kstew is cute as fuck.

But yeah the real McCandless was a total faggot, pretty sure he was actually mentally ill too since his "diary" is barely coherent nonsense.

I think it's funny people take this stance. It was obviously a fucking suicide mission. he just wanted out of society. It was a moral journey more than a realistic one

My simpleton Dad watched it and kept complaining how "he didn't even do the necessary research and have the tools for survival."

I find it bizarre how such simple concepts go over the heads of plebs. he is a workaholic drone though

inb4 people berate me for shit talking my dad. I'm just calling a spade a spade

Huh, he was a mentally ill nu-male faggot? Anywhere I can read more about that? Sounds hilarious. The guy in the movie just seemed like a smart but naive pretentious dude. But nobody would like the movie if he wasn't likable.

Kstew is cute as fuck but I think it was really weird she was 16. Not believable. Still cute though.

Yeah, but he actually seemed to want to live there for a while. Not just come there to die. For that plan, he was very unprepared. He would probably be fine with dying though, if he hadn't come to the rushed realization at the end.

I think you need have had the thoughts that the main character had to be able to understand the movie. People who are fine working their life away for no real purpose and are fine with rampant consumerism will not get it and will just think he's a stupid kid.