Britfag here

Britfag here

I've been deliberating for some time what NFL team to support from afar. I couldn't decide so thought fuck it, I'll be a Cowboys fan like everyone else.

What can I expect from this journey? I'm actually really getting into American football. Just need a college team to follow now.

Can any Cowboys fans give me some insight into the history of the team and also the fan culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Dallas_Cowboys
profootballhof.com/teams/dallas-cowboys/team-history/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

consider diving in the ocean without going back up for oxygen

>Cowboys fan
For college go TCU if you want a local team or Notre Dame if you want the best comparison.

despite what all the edgelard bitter autists will say, you're making the right choice. the cowboys are changing the game. not only in the nfl but in all of pro sports across the globe. literally everything we do is state of the art/leading edge shit

they are the liverpool of the NFL

wrong

>history of the team
Good in the 60s and 70s
Great in the 90s
Romo has yet to produce a ring in 2003-17
>fan culture
Gangs in California

this is the best time to be a cowboy fan they are a young team and dominant. two of their best players are rookies and one won roty the other was an MVP candidate.

How? They are one of the most successful teams in the NFL but haven't won the league in 20+ years yet they delude themselves into thinking they are at the top and every year is "their year".

You should end your own life

Cowboys are the yanited of the NFL
Patriots are the chelsea of the NFL

I would say the Steelers are the Utd of the NFL, and they dropped off around the same time as Utd too.

there's no PL equivalent. cowboys have too much money and are trending up

>awful, usually low iq niggerish fanbase outside of people that actually live around there
>bandwagoning maybe the most bandwagon team in America
>a team that hasn't even been to an NFC championship game, let alone a Super Bowl, in 25 years
Fucking gross

NFL and EPL equivalents

Liverpool=Cowboys
Man U=Patriots
Chelsea=Giants
Arsenal=49ers
Tottenham=Bengals
Everton=Jets

idk anything else

If you can't see the similarities between Liverpool and the Cowboys that's your problem, they both absolutely live on past glory and status from decades ago.

>Cowboys are trending up

And there's the famous Liverpool/Cowboys delusion.

>muh history
modern pro sports are about buying power and marketing footprint. like i said, theres no equivalent in the PL. the cowboys are like Man City + Man United combined

It's the most accurate comparison you can possibly make between a PL and NFL team right now.

doesnt make the comparison any less retarded

>Cowboys are like Man City + Man United combined

Thinking you are better than both Manchester clubs combined, how very Liverpudlian of you.

Getting hostile because somebody doesn't hold your club in as high esteem as you, classic Liverboys behaviour.

Modern Pro Sports is just like Historical Pro Sports, the goal is to WIN.

You can have all the marketing in the world, but it doesn't matter a bit if you don't WIN.

When people look back in 20 years, they'll see that the Cowboys won a grand total of 0 Super Bowls in the early part of the 21st century.

Future fans will see that Cowboys fans continued to delude themselves that they were the greatest team in the NFL by living off their successes in the early 90s and parts of the 60s and 70s. Meanwhile they'll see that the Patriots won 5 Super Bowls in less than 20 years, and surpassed the Cowboys as America's Team

This is the most reddit fucking thread I've ever seen and I've posted at Reddit.

Fuck off and die horrible friggit.

you know nothing about the NFL apparently

I'm a brit, eagles hats just arrived today

>also the fan culture?
Channel your inner aussie shitposter, but mix in an unhealthy amount of unwarranted arrogance.

This. I live in Dallas and the Cowboys are the NFL version of Liverpool.

Great for several decades in the past, but have been a disappointment in the last 20 years due to bad ownership who don't really know what they are doing.

They have had an improvement in the past few years but still choke on the big game at the end.

Tony Romo is Slippy G. A player people say was great, but could never take the team to greatness.

Good lad

Best team with best fanbase and best girls
You picked a good time to follow America's Team. >We are about to win the Super Bowl this year and several of the following years, lead by a GOAT quarterblack and a HOF running back.

>and i've posted at reddit
That's pretty god damned reddit of you you kumquat

>what is the salary cap

The Colts is probably comparison. Win their shit division every year then get BTFO in the playoffs.

>implying they are better than the Giants, Packers, Falcons, Seahawks.
They will be the 5th seed in the NFC.

good news: you're hopping on the bandwagon at the perfect time because the cowboys are both dominant + young.

bad news: it's been roughly 20 years since they last won the super bowl.

what do americans think of brit pats fans? :3

don't ask me what team i'm a fan of tho ;)

You are like the closet cowboy fans form the 90's that live in states with NFL teams. Scum.

bandwagoners

wherever i go, i must also bandwagon, henceforth i shall be a patriots fan

>A British Cowboys fan

you should be a tom brady fan because the sport will slowly regress to obscurity once he leaves

For college football you have to stay in state and go with the University of Texas.
One of the most consistent programs of all time and one of the CFB blue bloods. They have been shit for the past 8 years but just got a new coach who is recruiting well and has the potential to turn thing around. Similar to the Cowboys they were once great and trying to get back to their pedestal

Lol texASS

Big12 football isnt football. They don't play defense. He should watch a B1G or SEC team. I'd recommend Wisconsin or Georgia, teams that are good and win a lot but not enough to have bandwagoners.

Patriots are on another level good since they are the only team with the coaching staff to understand how to work the NFL salary cap. Belichick understands that you can't pay everyone and has let tons of good players go to keep a core group of players intact, at the moment, you've got
>Brady
>Mcourty
>Gronkowski
>High tower
>Edelman

These guys get paid at league standard, the rest get below league standard but join the team for a chance to win a championship, for which the pats have been contenders basically every year since 2011, also Brady does get paid far below market value, but doesn't care since he loves the game and loves winning

There is no other sports team on the planet with this level of dominance in a salary cap league

Utd haven't won a league in 5 years. Patriots have won their championship many times within that time

WE DEM BOYZ

>Spend $171+ million/year
>Nobody outside of Ohio State, Alabama, and Michigan spend nearly as much
>big talent base to recruit from
>30-32 in Big 12 since 2010
>1 finish in Top 25 since 2010
I have no idea how you can be that bad for that long in college football with that warchest to pull from

>Man U = Patriots
fucking no, how dare you compare the pats to those refball abusing faggots

>There is no other sports team on the planet with this level of dominance in a salary cap league

the patriots meme will come to an end soon. football isnt big in NE and the only reason there relevant is brady. once he leaves that team probably relocates. they are nowhere near the same class as the packers, steelers and cowboys

We have the most loyal fans in the country

Dallas here

Good choice. I'll let you crash at my house if you ever want to come to a game if you let me sleep at your flat. Big EPL fan

Should have bandwagoned the Packers, at least their out of state fans are tolerable, unlike the Cowcuckolds. Cowboys fans are almost Raiders level of trashy

I want to get a meme haircut then walk around in a dez bryant jersey, jean shorts, and jordans holding a cigarette I never light

Historically, "we" have been the arsenal of football. Always the headline, but not necessarily for good reasons. Breathing the fumes of old glory, and coming excruciatingly close in recent history.
However with the Dak movement, this could be changing.

Welcome aboard Nigel.

I recommend reading up on the history of the Dallas Cowboys at multiple websites:
Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Dallas_Cowboys
Pro Football Hall of Fame:
profootballhof.com/teams/dallas-cowboys/team-history/

>giants
yes that 36-year-old QB sure is scary
>packers
they barely beat rookie Dak in the playoffs last year, they won't be able to handle him with experience
>Falcons
will never recover from 28-3
>Seahawks
lolwut?

>However with the Dak movement, this could be changing.
I never got this
>Give the ball to Zeke, he runs all over the NFL
>The more Dak "My QB Rating Goes Down when I Throw the Ball Around" Prescott passes, the lower his QB rating gets
>Everyone hypes up Dak
>Dak gets Offensive RoTY
Truly not being a quarterback must be suffering.

100% this

Cowboys fan culture is very plastic. The tend to support the team and wear the gear only if the team is having a winning season. Also, Cowboys fans tend to be the most illiterate when it comes to the game itself. If your a Dallas fan and not from Dallas, you're a gloryhunter chasing trophies of old.

Good choice! You support a proper team with a die hard fan base!

This list is totally wrong

The Packers' collective dick in your ass

>tend to support the team and wear the gear only if the team is having a winning season
t. Ultra-Casual who has only watched football for one single season

>niggerish

Dont forget the spics as well