Please show me an album that sounds nothing like anything I've listened to before...

Please show me an album that sounds nothing like anything I've listened to before. I want to see if I can experience one of those magic moments again like when I was first seeking out music. Listening to stuff like TMR or Loveless for the first time was amazing because it showed me something I never knew existed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PLQD7ZAwVpM
youtu.be/xBMrPt8_KqU
youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHgjL0YzQ
youtu.be/7fXasQidkN0
youtu.be/0ykUIOdmkj8
rateyourmusic.com/list/theloserof08/the-lost-generation-selections-of-post-rock-in-the-20th-century/
youtu.be/rVrXwLKeg-U
youtube.com/watch?v=jmD0luLlJCs
youtube.com/watch?v=fZlNt05dCX8
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/visitation-i
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/chapel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/PLQD7ZAwVpM

If you don't know it, just listen, don't look up anything about it. I doubt you've heard anything like it.

youtu.be/xBMrPt8_KqU

he should record that first 20 seconds 100+ times and layer them over eachother and then add a delay that takes 40 minutest to fully run out, then sell it as a djent album

Give this a spin, OP
If you've never listened to prog before you're going to piss yourself after a few listens

I'm on the first track, it's neat black metal, some cool ideas, curious to see where it goes. Is Varg on this or was he in prison when this came out?

You can never experience those feels again. Your musical journey has peaked. Its all downhill from now, you'll blink and be 40 and feel less than nothing from listening to a new album

Intersystems - Peachy
You've never heard shit like this

Varg has never been on Mayhem aside from the bass lines on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, which were turned way down in the mix by Hellhammer (Mayhem's drummer) anyway.

I never really got into them so I didn't know that he had minimal involvement. interesting

This is cool, but it's not anything radically different from what I've heard in psytrance/psybient

youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHgjL0YzQ
give it time to pick up

Have you heard either of these songs?
youtu.be/7fXasQidkN0
youtu.be/0ykUIOdmkj8

Yeah, no. He only was on DMDS because Necrobutcher left after Euronymous took pictures of Dead after he killed himself, so they didn't have a bass player and he used Varg as an emergency resource since Burzum was on his record label anyway.

lots of this is very original.
rateyourmusic.com/list/theloserof08/the-lost-generation-selections-of-post-rock-in-the-20th-century/
Skullflower - Obsidian Shaking Codex
Kraus - End Tommorow
Yellow Swans - Going Places
Converter - Shock Front

youtu.be/rVrXwLKeg-U
youtube.com/watch?v=jmD0luLlJCs

Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort was one of those albums for me

youtube.com/watch?v=fZlNt05dCX8

Laughing Stock. It redefined how I perceive post rock. You also need really good hearing to appreciate how many subtle layers are weaved into the mix.

This is a good one too.

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/visitation-i

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/chapel