Can someone explain to me why people think their music is good. I seriously don't understand it

Can someone explain to me why people think their music is good. I seriously don't understand it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ileFVOJ6CaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's catchy and has good energy

The more you listen to it the more you'll love it

so is Limp Bizkit

So its like Bruno Mars?

It is pop music, yes.

took me literal years to get into but the production and ride's delivery are just really special

I feel that if it takes you years to get into it, its not actually good, you've just learned to tolerate it.

First, no problem user, at first i didn't like them either, but when you listen to them a few times, at least for me, you get the allure of their music. The music itself is very raw and unpolished, sometimes kind-off unpleasant, but that really fits the theme of their albums. For me, Death Grips have their own mythology surrounding their albums, a very gritty and distorted universe. They present that universe in such an unique and immersive way, and that's why I think their music is great.

i'm not gonna deny the possibility, but i found dg around the same time as when i was beginning to listen to hip hop at all, and there were a few barriers to break through for me

edgy white kids of divorced parents need an outlet for their aggression so they either shoot up schools or listn to le death grips cause no one understands, they see angry black man and the boipucci juice starts flowing knowing daddy would flip if he ever found out

youtube.com/watch?v=ileFVOJ6CaE

They are The Prodigy of 2017.
Means, edgy music for edgy 14 year olds.

It's just the latest catchy, heavy sound that college students like to bang their head to, that's it. Their albums aren't some work of art or anything

Keep listening and you'll get it.

I was like you once.

It also deals with themes of anger and stuff like that, and everyone here can relate to being an angry piece of shit

bullshit

you can make a distinction between actually liking an artist and just tolerating them

if you actually can't distinguish between these two things then you're probably clinically retarded

>

Zach Hill is the reason they're good. He matches complex, fast rhythms and catchy, danceable songwriting with Ride's aggressive vocal delivery. Ride has good energy but it can't match Zach's. Without Zach, they're nothing. Ride's vocals serve more as a percussive counterpoint to Zach's drums than as standalone rapping.

I'm in your areaaaa...

I always assumed Death Grips were just a meme until i gave them a shot. I listened to Exmilitary and thought it was pure shit, but days later something still didn't feel right and I kept thinking about it so I listened to it again and it clicked. If you're not a fan, I don't think it's possible to "get" any of their albums the first time.

Heaven forbid people who didnt have the best upbringings and are dissolutioned with life enjoy music that appeals to them. Who cares what skin color they are lmao

I say just listen to TMS. It's essentially just catchy EDM for at least 80% of the album. Had me hooked from first listen.

This. It shouldn't be a mystery to people, Zach Hill's incredible production and talent as a musical performer is clearly what sets this band apart from others.

That was where I went next and it clicked the first time. I just don't know if it would have without multiple exmilitary listens.

>The Prodigy of 2017
underrated

It's pop EDM if pop EDM were actually good

Listen to it at night. I'm talking around 8 or 9 p.m. 2000 or 2100. On a bus or just walking around. Look at the streetlights as you do. It helps if it is pretty chilly out, and if you have had your heart broken a month or so ago.

The reason it's underrated is because Limp Bizkit, Slipknot and nu metal in general is a more apt comparison

Can comfirm.

Had a great childhood, and is a balanced adult with a succesful emotional life.

I don't understand Death Grips at all.

>a balanced adult with a succesful emotional life.
Then why are you browsing Sup Forums?

HIGH ENERGY SHIT SON

Actually not

>Had a great childhood, and is a balanced adult
>is
I don't think you're talking about yourself here, user. Lying on the internet isn't impressive.

Get back in your grave, Freud. You're old and STINK.

so The Prodigy's album in 2018 will sound like DG?

If you’re serious and you actually wanna try giving Death Grips a shot, don’t listen to the memers and don’t waste your time looking up shitty YouTube video essays because you’re just gonna run into a bunch of cringe shit that’ll turn you off to them inevitably. Yes, the fan base for Death Grips is pure cancer, but don’t let that ruin the music for you, in my opinion they are very worthwhile.

For me, it took me a long time to get into them mainly because I was new to hip hop, and abrasive music in general (screamed vocals, not being able to understand the words without reading them, harsh instrumentals, etc). In my opinion, at the risk of sounding like some kinda pseudo-intellectual faggot, their music just has a really unique aesthetic that takes a long time to sorta understand and receive while you listen to them. I would start with TMS and ExMil, as it sorta captures both sides of their sound (aggressive punk-rap and industrial cyberpunk). I feel like the bat way to “get” Death Grips is to try and empathize with what the band members’ attitude towards what they make. Reading the lyrics will help, but one of the most important barriers to break through for me (and if this doesn’t exist for you it won’t matter) was not being bothered when I couldn’t make out what was being said. At first I would strain my ears trying to make out the words to The Fever (which do contain some of my favourite DG lyrics), but I never began to enjoy the track until I started to really just feel it. Another thing that probably throws new listeners off is taking rides vocals seriously in some cases. Like, on the Fever he literally sounds like a homeless guy freaking out, and some might find it laughable. That’s where I find the lyrics help, because it sorta gives context as to why Ride is delivering his vocals the way he does.

tl;dr don’t listen to the shitposters or the cringeworthy fangays, just give them a chance and some time.

I started listening to them ironically and eventually found myself listening to their music unironically

Btw I’m on my phone so ignore shit that doesn’t make sense

Botomless Pit is the best, it's TMS but without the retarded shit

Care to elaborate? I feel like it’s TMS in 1080p

It's not good but i still like it.

Jokes on you my parents never married

You literally described Top 40 pop. Gotcha.

Your mom doesn't make sense

jokes on you I LOVE being white

yeah you should love being the laughing stock of today's society and have your women ravaged by big black cocks

I FUCKED YOU IN HALF

jokes on you i get sexual pleasure out of being cucked. you can never defeat me

Exactly, the production and sound design (tms had a lot of weird sounds that I didn't like) is much more mature.